Invest for your future with Moneybox. Round up your purchases to the nearest pound and invest the spare change into thousands of companies such as Netflix, Unilever and Disney via tracker funds. Sign up in minutes and get started with just £1.
Winner of Best Money App and Best for Beginners in The Times, Sunday Times and Boring Money Consumer Investment Awards 2019.
Winner of the Moneyfacts Digital Wealth Management Provider of the Year 2019.
Winner of The Techies FinTech Innovator of the Year 2017.
Featured by BBC, ITV, TechCrunch, The Times, The Telegraph, The Financial Times, The Daily Mail, Fortune Magazine, This is Money, Citywire, Tech City News, The Evening Standard.*
All investing should be regarded as longer term. The value of your investments can go up and down, and you may get back less than you invest.
Make investing part of your everyday life
• Round up your everyday card purchases to the nearest pound and invest the spare change e.g. when you buy a coffee for £2.40, you can choose to ‘round up’ to £3 and set aside the 60p to invest.
• You can also set up a regular weekly deposit, a monthly payday boost and make one-off deposits into your Moneybox.
Investing made easy
• Investing can be a great way to grow your money over the long term. However, this is not guaranteed.
• We've worked with experts to put together three simple starting options – cautious, balanced and adventurous. All you need to do is pick one!
• The option you choose determines how your savings are split between a range of tracker funds. Using these funds, you can invest into thousands of leading companies from around the world including Facebook, Netflix and Disney.
• This range of funds includes a socially responsible option. Our socially responsible global shares fund invests in a range of companies from across the developed global stock market but considers environmental, social and governance factors in its selection process.
• Your investments are held within a Lifetime ISA, Stocks & Shares ISA or General Investment Account (GIA).
Please note a 25% government early withdrawal charge may apply to the Lifetime ISA.
Save for your first home
• Save up to £4,000 per year and get a 25% government bonus with a Cash Lifetime ISA. This means you can get up to £1,000 a year towards your first home. We offer a market-leading rate of 1.4% AER variable*.
*As at 02.07.2019. Government early withdrawal charges may apply. AER stands for annual equivalent rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if it was paid once each year.
Stay informed and up to date
• In the Discover tab, you’ll find analysis of your savings, featured stories and even a time machine to help you journey into the future…
Earn rewards with selected brand partners
• Moneybox+ is a brand new way for you to invest for your future. Shop with our curated partner brands and you'll receive rewards directly into your Moneybox account.
• Our fees are structured to make it possible for you to invest little and often.
• For our investment products, we charge a monthly subscription fee of £1 and an annual platform fee of 0.45% of the value of your investments per year. To help you get started, we do not charge the subscription fee for the first three months.
• There are no account fees for our Cash Lifetime ISA.
Peace of mind
• Moneybox is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with reference number 712935.
• Your investments are covered by the UK government’s Financial Services Compensation Scheme up to a limit of £85,000 in the unlikely event that a fund provider is declared bankrupt.
• We use bank level 256-bit TLS encryption for all your personal information.
Ready to get started? Install Moneybox today.
Please note that the app is not optimised for iPad or iPhone 4. If you have any questions or would like to find out more, please get in touch using firstname.lastname@example.org - we’d love to hear from you!
• Pension improvements - we've been busy making updates to our pension registration flow based on feedback from our beta customers. Join the pensions waiting list now to bring together your old pension pots and take control of your financial future.
• Improvements to our in-app campaigns
Ratings and Reviews
Love it! Love it! Love it!
After using this App for 6 months now I think it’s brilliant, and another way for me to save money effortlessly... it wasn’t what I was expecting initially as I thought the round-up amounts from purchases would be debited instantly instead of weekly but this doesn’t matter!
Interested to read what others think of the App, and to clear some comments up even though the rates are approx £1 a month after the initial 3 month period, the money I’ve accumulated is still more than I would have saved without using this. It does take a while for the money to be debited and then settle but after the first few have gone through it’s a nice regular pattern.
Love logging into this friendly App and looking at how things are going, along with reading the newsletters, articles, rewards on offer and other interesting bits!
How would I improve it? possibly by linking my other accounts to it and debiting round-ups from those accounts instead of my main account... although not sure that would be possible?
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed and kind review!
We're happy to hear that you enjoy the recurring weekly deposit system - it's certianly a great way to make regular contributions to your account and to see your investments grow! 📈 We're also very glad you enjoy the content we publish - our aim is to help everyone understand how investing for their future can be easy and manageable 😁
We'd love to be able to allow contributions from multiple sources, however this would pose a money laundering risk so it's not possible with our current setup - however if we make any changes to this system we'll be sure to let you guys know! 📣
Thanks again for the kind words - if there is anything else you'd like to see included in the app please let the team know. All the best!
I have been using this App for about 18 months and I’ve saved about £2000 so far. I chose the high risk strategy and sometimes my investment drops below what I have put in, but the amounts aren’t significant and I’m currently a few pounds ahead. The big advantage for me is the ability to save without even noticing. I have not noticed the round-up sums unless I look for them, and I certainly have not missed them. I love the projections of how my money will build up - it’s very motivational! No you cannot immediately transfer your money back to yourself but for me, that’s a plus. I have an ISA with my back which allows me to get instant cash and it’s too tempting, it certainly doesn’t grow like this one. My husband saved a few hundred very quickly and withdrew it without any problems - you just need to wait a few days. I find it reassuring to have this little nest egg quietly growing with zero effort on my part. Brilliant!
Developer Response ,
HI Claire, thanks for the in-depth review and kind words! We're so happy you're enjoying investing with us. If you have any questions or suggestions for the team you can reach us via the in-app chat or an email to email@example.com.
Great UI, transparent and clear
A very friendly approach to investment, making it very easy to start saving and building a folio.
It is all made very clear in the app, from set up to managing your regular contributions.
The people who manage the app make sure to keep you informed through announcements and messages to help you understand the volatility of the market and how it may affect your investment, as well as providing sound advice.
My only suggestion to the development team would be to display a more meaningful graph than the current one in the “investment” tab. Seeing how much money you’ve put in over time is not as interesting as knowing how well it’s been doing.
If you add a second line on the graph to illustrate the growth of the investment compared to your contributions over time, I think it would make better use of visual data.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for taking the time to review the app in such detail! We're constantly looking to improve the app so all user feedback is invaluable :)
We're definitely with you on the Investments tab and agree there could be some improvements. As luck would have it, it's top of our list for the coming months and we'll be slowly adding in more and more detail to the tab itself. Feel free to get in touch with the in-app chat team in Settings>Help with any further feedback!
Thanks again and happy investing!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.