Save and invest for your future with Moneybox. Round up your purchases to the nearest pound and set aside the spare change. Sign up in minutes and get started with just £1.
Winner of Best Money App and Best for Beginners in The Times, Sunday Times and Boring Money Consumer Investment Awards 2019.
Winner of the Moneyfacts Digital Wealth Management Provider of the Year 2019 and AltFi Digital Wealth Manager of the Year 2019.
Featured by BBC, ITV, TechCrunch, The Times, MoneySavingExpert, The Telegraph, The Financial Times, The Daily Mail, Fortune Magazine, This is Money, Citywire, Tech City News, The Evening Standard.
All investing should be regarded as longer term. The value of your investments can go up and down, and you may get back less than you invest.
Make saving and investing part of your everyday life
• Round up your everyday card purchases to the nearest pound and save or invest the spare change e.g. when you buy a coffee for £2.40, you can choose to ‘round up’ to £3 and set aside the 60p change.
• You can also set up a regular weekly deposit, a monthly payday boost and make one-off deposits whenever you like.
Investing made easy
• We've worked with experts to put together three simple starting options – cautious, balanced and adventurous. All you need to do is pick one!
• The option you choose determines how your savings are split between a range of tracker funds. Using these funds, you can invest into thousands of leading companies from around the world including Facebook, Netflix and Disney.
• This range of funds includes a socially responsible option. Our socially responsible global shares fund invests in a range of companies from across the developed global stock market but considers environmental, social and governance factors in its selection process.
• Your investments are held within a Stocks & Shares ISA, Stocks & Shares Lifetime ISA or General Investment Account (GIA).
• We also offer a Personal Pension to help you bring together your old pension pots and take control of your financial future.
Please note a Government early withdrawal charge may apply to the Lifetime ISA.
Save for your first home with our Cash Lifetime ISA
• Save up to £4,000 per year and get a 25% government bonus with a Cash Lifetime ISA. This means you can get up to £1,000 a year towards your first home.
Government early withdrawal charge may apply.
Trusted and transparent
• Moneybox is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with reference number 712935.
• Your savings and investments are covered by the UK government’s Financial Services Compensation Scheme up to a limit of £85,000 in the unlikely event that a fund provider is declared bankrupt.
• For our investment products, we charge just £1 a month and 0.45% of the value of your investments per year. There are fund provider costs of 012%-0.30%. To help you get started, we do not charge the subscription fee for the first three months.
• There are no account fees for our Cash Lifetime ISA.
• We use bank level 256-bit TLS encryption for all your personal information.
Ready to get started? Install Moneybox now.
We’ve updated one-off payments for Lifetime ISAs to show you how much you’d need to contribute to receive the maximum govt. bonus. Plus, if you have a pension you’re currently paying into, you can now put your transfer on hold, so it’s ready to go once you change employers.
Ratings and Reviews
Love it! Love it! Love it!
After using this App for 6 months now I think it’s brilliant, and another way for me to save money effortlessly... it wasn’t what I was expecting initially as I thought the round-up amounts from purchases would be debited instantly instead of weekly but this doesn’t matter!
Interested to read what others think of the App, and to clear some comments up even though the rates are approx £1 a month after the initial 3 month period, the money I’ve accumulated is still more than I would have saved without using this. It does take a while for the money to be debited and then settle but after the first few have gone through it’s a nice regular pattern.
Love logging into this friendly App and looking at how things are going, along with reading the newsletters, articles, rewards on offer and other interesting bits!
How would I improve it? possibly by linking my other accounts to it and debiting round-ups from those accounts instead of my main account... although not sure that would be possible?
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed and kind review!
We're happy to hear that you enjoy the recurring weekly deposit system - it's certianly a great way to make regular contributions to your account and to see your investments grow! 📈 We're also very glad you enjoy the content we publish - our aim is to help everyone understand how investing for their future can be easy and manageable 😁
We'd love to be able to allow contributions from multiple sources, however this would pose a money laundering risk so it's not possible with our current setup - however if we make any changes to this system we'll be sure to let you guys know! 📣
Thanks again for the kind words - if there is anything else you'd like to see included in the app please let the team know. All the best!
TY very much MoneyBox well played
Up until Christmas 2019 I’d been living pay cheque to pay cheque. Not really knowing how to save or where to start. So I did research and listened to friends, I noticed Moneybox came up in conversation a lot and I was advised to get a lifetime ISA, to save for a house or retirement. So I started making small deposits on Moneybox and was surprised at the difference it was making in my mood, I could observe the growth and it made me feel good, then I thought ok I’ll open a 95 day saving for short term saving. Well it’s now October 2020, I have my pension with money box (they helped me find old forgotten pensions), a stocks and shares account and a 45 day saver too. The deposits are small, but the impact on my finances have been so incredibly helpful and I would recommend. Doing so has really lifted my mood. Their customer service is excellent as well, really on the ball. The app user friendly and I like that I can see my Moneybox accounts in one place.
Developer Response ,
Hi Chris - This is so great to hear. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your kind review, and your feedback here. We're so happy that you've managed to take control of your financial future, and that it has had a positive impact on your mood. That's really what we are all about as a company, and it's great to see it's paying off. All the best to you, and do get in touch if we can help at all!
Really helpful saving app
Decided a few months ago that I wanted to start saving small amounts of change, and nervously downloaded the Moneybox app (I say nervously because I didn’t know too much about it). However, easily connected my account to my bank account, and whenever I spend money on my debit card it rounds it up to the nearest pound and the pennies get transferred across the following Wednesday to Moneybox. Since doing this I’ve saved £200 just from rounding up, and gained a return of 9 per cent - much higher than the savings accounts out there offering. With the stock market being so low due to covid, I can only imagine when the economies improve that stock prices will rise - so a very good time to invest in my opinion. I do wish the round up appears into money box instantly rather than the following week, but it’s done the trick and I am investing and making a return on my money! It’s made me want to save more!
Developer Response ,
Hi David - Thank you very much for taking the time to write your 5* review. It's great to hear how you have managed to invest your spare change with us. We're definitely working on speeding up our direct debit system, so we'll definitely keep this in mind when we come to improve the app!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Digital Moneybox Limited
- 122.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Digital Moneybox Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.