Save and invest for your future with Moneybox. Round up your purchases to the nearest pound and set aside the spare change. Sign up in minutes and get started with just £1.
Winner of Best Money App and Best for Beginners in The Times, Sunday Times and Boring Money Consumer Investment Awards 2019.
Winner of the Moneyfacts Digital Wealth Management Provider of the Year 2019 and AltFi Digital Wealth Manager of the Year 2019.
Featured by BBC, ITV, TechCrunch, The Times, MoneySavingExpert, The Telegraph, The Financial Times, The Daily Mail, Fortune Magazine, This is Money, Citywire, Tech City News, The Evening Standard.
All investing should be regarded as longer term. The value of your investments can go up and down, and you may get back less than you invest.
Make saving and investing part of your everyday life
• Round up your everyday card purchases to the nearest pound and save or invest the spare change e.g. when you buy a coffee for £2.40, you can choose to ‘round up’ to £3 and set aside the 60p change.
• You can also set up a regular weekly deposit, a monthly payday boost and make one-off deposits whenever you like.
Investing made easy
• We've worked with experts to put together three simple starting options – cautious, balanced and adventurous. All you need to do is pick one!
• The option you choose determines how your savings are split between a range of tracker funds. Using these funds, you can invest into thousands of leading companies from around the world including Facebook, Netflix and Disney.
• This range of funds includes a socially responsible option. Our socially responsible global shares fund invests in a range of companies from across the developed global stock market but considers environmental, social and governance factors in its selection process.
• Your investments are held within a Stocks & Shares ISA, Stocks & Shares Lifetime ISA or General Investment Account (GIA).
• We also offer a Personal Pension to help you bring together your old pension pots and take control of your financial future.
Please note a Government early withdrawal charge may apply to the Lifetime ISA.
Save for your first home with our Cash Lifetime ISA
• Save up to £4,000 per year and get a 25% government bonus with a Cash Lifetime ISA. This means you can get up to £1,000 a year towards your first home.
Government early withdrawal charge may apply.
Trusted and transparent
• Moneybox is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with reference number 712935.
• Your savings and investments are covered by the UK government’s Financial Services Compensation Scheme up to a limit of £85,000 in the unlikely event that a fund provider is declared bankrupt.
• For our investment products, we charge just £1 a month and 0.45% of the value of your investments per year. There are fund provider costs of 012%-0.30%. To help you get started, we do not charge the subscription fee for the first three months.
• There are no account fees for our Cash Lifetime ISA.
• We use bank level 256-bit TLS encryption for all your personal information.
Ready to get started? Install Moneybox now.
New account alert! We’ve launched a new 45 Day Notice savings account. With no account fees and a short notice period, you’ll earn interest on your savings up to £85,000. Planning your next holiday? Dreaming of a new car? Or perhaps your phone needs an upgrade? It’s easy to get started and set money aside for your short-term goals. Tap ‘Update’ and open an account today.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love it! Love it! Love it!
After using this App for 6 months now I think it’s brilliant, and another way for me to save money effortlessly... it wasn’t what I was expecting initially as I thought the round-up amounts from purchases would be debited instantly instead of weekly but this doesn’t matter!
Interested to read what others think of the App, and to clear some comments up even though the rates are approx £1 a month after the initial 3 month period, the money I’ve accumulated is still more than I would have saved without using this. It does take a while for the money to be debited and then settle but after the first few have gone through it’s a nice regular pattern.
Love logging into this friendly App and looking at how things are going, along with reading the newsletters, articles, rewards on offer and other interesting bits!
How would I improve it? possibly by linking my other accounts to it and debiting round-ups from those accounts instead of my main account... although not sure that would be possible?
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed and kind review!
We're happy to hear that you enjoy the recurring weekly deposit system - it's certianly a great way to make regular contributions to your account and to see your investments grow! 📈 We're also very glad you enjoy the content we publish - our aim is to help everyone understand how investing for their future can be easy and manageable 😁
We'd love to be able to allow contributions from multiple sources, however this would pose a money laundering risk so it's not possible with our current setup - however if we make any changes to this system we'll be sure to let you guys know! 📣
Thanks again for the kind words - if there is anything else you'd like to see included in the app please let the team know. All the best!
I have been using this App for about 18 months and I’ve saved about £2000 so far. I chose the high risk strategy and sometimes my investment drops below what I have put in, but the amounts aren’t significant and I’m currently a few pounds ahead. The big advantage for me is the ability to save without even noticing. I have not noticed the round-up sums unless I look for them, and I certainly have not missed them. I love the projections of how my money will build up - it’s very motivational! No you cannot immediately transfer your money back to yourself but for me, that’s a plus. I have an ISA with my back which allows me to get instant cash and it’s too tempting, it certainly doesn’t grow like this one. My husband saved a few hundred very quickly and withdrew it without any problems - you just need to wait a few days. I find it reassuring to have this little nest egg quietly growing with zero effort on my part. Brilliant!
Developer Response ,
HI Claire, thanks for the in-depth review and kind words! We're so happy you're enjoying investing with us. If you have any questions or suggestions for the team you can reach us via the in-app chat or an email to email@example.com.
WARNING: DONT INVEST
Moneybox make it very easy to invest your money. The problem comes when you try and take it out. They encourage you to set up as many accounts as possible with them to invest your money in. And when you try and withdraw your money you can only withdraw one account at a time. This would not be a problem if it didn’t take 2-3 weeks to do PER ACCOUNT. (Just for comparison, a financial advisor can sell your shares and return money to you within 7 days). So if you need to withdraw a considerable amount you’ll have to wait for up to 6 weeks+ to do so. Not ideal if you’re trying to buy a house, ya know the one thing they encourage you to save up for on their ads (Their ads also say you can invest directly into big companies such as Facebook but this is also a lie).
They say the “one withdrawal at a time” is clearly stated in the app. It’s not, it’s buried in an FAQ question. It’s also not mentioned during the withdrawal process, only when you try and withdraw another account. Funny that.
I loved Moneybox at first. But it’s clear they’re the “One Coin” of the investment world. They get your money and will do anything they can to stop you from taking it out.
Developer Response ,
Hi Adam - We're sorry to read your review and to hear your opinion on Moneybox has changed. We try to make our withdrawal system as clear as possible, and apologise this was not your experience. We'll be sure to pass this feedback through to the relevant teams for future improvements to the app. In regards to how long our withdrawal process takes, this is because your withdrawal is comprised of several different sales of shares, so isn’t a case of withdrawing money from an account. Your units in each fund must be sold and the proceeds gathered and then sent back to you - we rely on the timings set out by the fund providers for this. Once the payment has been sent to your bank account, we’ll send an email to let you know and you'll then be able to initiate a second withdrawal if you wish. Our simple tracker funds do invest in some of the largest companies in the world such as Netflix and Disney. If you'd like more information on these funds or how to change your allocations to invest in them, our team would be happy to help via our in-app chat or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.