Fibermode (trading as Mode) are authorised and registered by the FCA as a Cryptoasset firm (FCA 928786). Bitcoin is not regulated in the UK. The value of Bitcoin can go up or down (or can drop to zero), and there can be a substantial risk that you lose money. No FSCS/FOS protection. Capital gains may be subject to CGT. 18+ UK residents only. KYC is required.
Whether you’re new to Bitcoin or a Bitcoin OG, our Mode app lets you buy, earn & grow Bitcoin effortlessly and confidently. Not only is it an easy and safe way to buy & hold Bitcoin, Mode also allows you to pay & receive up to 10% Bitcoin Cashback for FREE from its growing list of online partner brands.
With our new payments & rewards feature, you can leave your wallet behind, and buy the things you love using just your phone. No billing addresses, card details, or CVV’s - simply scan a QR code or click a button to check out in seconds at our partner brands. The best part? You’ll receive your Bitcoin Cashback immediately after purchase - it couldn’t be easier!
Here are all the things you can do with Mode:
NEW - Earn Bitcoin Cashback:
- Supercharge your shopping with Bitcoin Cashback
- Earn up to 25% Bitcoin Cashback when you shop from one of our partner brands!
- Checkout in seconds and accumulate the best-performing asset of the decade* risk-free!
- Receive your Bitcoin Cashback immediately after your purchase
NEW - Make seamless payments:
- No billing addresses, card details or CVV’s - just hassle-free mobile payments
- Use your Mode balance, or UK bank account to pay at our partner brands
- Pay seamlessly by scanning a QR code or clicking a button - Securely verify payments with your biometric ID
Open an account in under 60 seconds:
- Download the Mode app and sign up for free
- Access your Bitcoin anytime and anywhere
- Complete a simple ID verification and top up GBP via 'Open Banking'
Track your Bitcoin performance:
- Easily monitor price movements with our real-time graph and push notifications- Check your total portfolio value, and its overall performance over time
- Easily keep track of how much you’ve invested
Buy and store your Bitcoin with confidence:
- Add or withdraw funds in just a few clicks, using your UK bank account
- Store your Bitcoin with a leading crypto custodian
- Only pay a 0.99% trading fee when buying and selling Bitcoin
- Our business is publicly-listed, licenced and FCA registered
Get your Mode friends involved:
- Skip the network fees and long waits!
- Send Bitcoin freely and instantly to your Mode contacts with our peer to peer transfer feature.
With Mode, Bitcoin really is as simple as black & white. We’re here to guide you through your Bitcoin journey.
Bug fixes and UI improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant app and best Bitcoin exchange rate
This is a great app and definitely the best place to buy Bitcoin as it gives the best exchange rate I have seen so far and has low fees too. It is very straight forward and easy to use- depositing money and buying and transferring Bitcoin has been seamless. The ability to earn interest on your Bitcoin is a definite bonus.
I had a few technical issues setting my account up, but the support was great and sorted it all out no problem. This was done through the ‘chat with us’ function on the app which is painless and easy.
Overall this seems to be the best and cheapest way to manage and bank Bitcoin- definitely worth preserving with if like me you have any technical difficulties setting up your account.
Developer Response ,
The Bitcoin Jar is certainly a winner! Thanks for the lovely review, Morleyfly!
Total Scam - steal your money
This is a total SCAM. Please don’t use it. I wanted to withdraw GBP from Binance. Since you can’t do it easily there anymore, I thought I could do it with Mode app. So for those who don’t know, you will lose £21 straight away. That’s their fee for crypto wallet to crypto wallet transfer.
It’s much cheaper to withdraw Fiat money from Binance though SWIFT. Their fee is at least £11 ($15) but not £21.
Then the app crashes all the time and you have to close/open the app constantly. You can’t sell Bitcoin if you have less than £50 and you can’t withdraw if you have less than £50.
You verify your account in the first place with your ID document and a selfie. And the most ridiculous part, if you want to close/delete you account they will ask you to send a selfie with you ID card. And after that they still retain your data for 5 years.
If you want to use a crypto wallet it’s better to use ZenGo (it’s not an add but comes from my experience). The fees are lower and the app is well built with all the options available including Withdrawal to your debit card/bank account.
It was a very negative experience and I spent too much time figuring out how to withdraw the money and lost £25 for nothing.
They can freeze your funds for no reason and will explain it to you as « for security purposes ». And it will be very hard for you to get your money back.
Stay away from this company and be cautious.
I use Coinbase but this is already starting to be a superior app! Mainly because it was so slick to transfer money from my account, seamless integration and excellent interface. The jar and 5% interest in savings is an incredible lure for investors, variable but at the time of writing far exceeds competition.
This is only going to get better, and looks to be both a great banking app, and also a very easy way to trade or invest in Bitcoin, I’ve no doubt other coins will be introduced in the near future.
If your interested in cryptocurrency this feels the safest most professional service available! can see great things happening with this. And again this smashes Coinbase out the park for money transfers, and quality.
Note to developer: Older users may be a little confused by the swipe down to go back thing! might not be as clear to that customer base so have a think as I can imagine some struggling with navigation )
Developer Response ,
Hi Bejessu, well what can we say, thank you so much for you fantastic review! It means a lot to us here at Mode when we get feedback like this! We'll make sure to pass on your notes for our developers!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fibermode Limited
- 43.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Fibermode Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.