Featured by Apple - #1 Best New App!
- A fun way to "play with" English grammar
- Learn English from a second language
FreeSpeech helps anyone with a language impairment practice and develop grammar skills! Drag and rearrange picture tiles, and FreeSpeech will convert them into a perfectly grammatical English sentence.
Explore how tenses, sentence forms, parts of speech, and other grammatical properties change the structure of English -- and it's all visual!
FreeSpeech is the perfect app for anyone who is learning the English language - whether you are
- A person with special needs, such as autism, dyslexia and hearing impairments
- An ELL student, trying to make sense of English grammar
- Someone who loves languages and likes to explore them!
Developed by an interdisciplinary team including SLPs, educators, and researchers with over 100 years of collective experience, FreeSpeech is the most advanced language learning technology currently on the App Store. The technology behind FreeSpeech was the subject of a TED talk by its creator Ajit Narayanan which has been viewed more than one million times. The development of FreeSpeech, combining engineering with generative linguistics, earned the team recognition as one of the world's Top 35 Innovators from MIT Technology Review. AS SEEN ON TED BY 1M+ VIEWERS: http://go.ted.com/CW6u
"A powerful new app designed to help children of all learning levels and language abilities develop grammatically correct sentences... A welcome addition for anyone with young writers that struggle with arranging sentences or who have a language impairment that makes it frustrating to communicate."
FreeSpeech is unique because it's the only app in the world that predicts grammar. You can throw a bunch of picture tiles at it, and the app will automatically figure out a grammatically correct sentence from them.
- It's possible to manipulate words, tenses and structure as if you were manipulating building blocks.
- The app lets teachers and learners model/recast/contrast various grammar rules pictorially, all the while speaking out correct English.
- A teacher or therapist can configure how much prediction FreeSpeech does, and fade away its capabilities as a student develops confidence.
FreeSpeech is based on solid research, and builds language by:
- EXPANDING: Prompting users with questions to expand their sentences;
- SCAFFOLDING: Intelligently predicting words that they are likely to use;
- CONTRASTING: Visually modeling tense and sentence modifiers;
- RECASTING: Automatically inserting prepositions and articles as needed; and
- ERRORLESS MODELING: Automatically predicting grammar, to assemble a map of pictures into a grammatically correct English sentence.
Scientific trials validating the efficacy of FreeSpeech have been presented at leading conferences in linguistics and special education.
FreeSpeech features more than 2,000 symbols from Symbolstix, and is ideally suited to use alongside other AAC, articulation and education apps that use these lovely symbols. Additionally, you can customize the vocabulary with 20,000+ Symbolstix symbols.
Download FreeSpeech & learn English language skills today!
Please email us at email@example.com with any comments, questions or suggestions about FreeSpeech.
*Pricing plan - Auto Renewable Subscription*
1 month auto renewing - 9.99 USD
6 months auto renewing - 59.99 USD
1 year auto renewing - 99.99 USD
-Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
-Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
-Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
-You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
-Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
Symbols used in this app are © 2016 SymbolStix LLC.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
A lot of fixes to help improve the user experience.
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Please help! Level 52 challenge coding glitch
Our family of 3 kids ages 15,13, and 7 are LOVING this app as a tool for building grammar skills. The challenge mode is engaging and fun for all ages, we love racing eachother but have hit a dead end 😥 it seems there is a problem with level 52 “Who is your mom’s uncle?” Comes up “Who is your mom’IO>’s uncle?” Making it impossible to complete the level or progress any further. Tried simply building the same sentence outside of challenge mode with the same results. Please fix this coding problem, we really want to continue using this wonderful app, well worth the money IF we can keep using it. With out this fix, no longer useful at all.
Amazing & beautiful - not multilingual yet!
This is so beautiful, and such a blessing to help people communicate. Although it has interfaces in other languages, it only speaks English 😩. The WWDC demo was very exciting, and I know this app will continue to be developed until it is able to produce other languages from English input. While it might not be worth $10 to those who don't need it to communicate in English, our support will hopefully accelerate development so we can soon use it for translation and language learning. English in, Arabic out, please!
Great app to build language!
I use this with my kids who have language disorders and this app goes very far in helping them expand their language. I love it and it is a very well designed app! Well worth any price!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Avaz, Inc.
- 552.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-19 Avaz Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Access: Pics & Voices $4.99
- Premium Access: Pics & Voices $39.99
- Premium Access: Pics & Voices $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.