- A new crossword experience
- Challenge yourself with countless puzzles
- Relax while exploring thematic worlds
- Have fun while you learn
Join CodyCross, a friendly alien that has crash-landed on Earth and counts on your help to learn about our planet! Travel across space and time as you unveil our planet's history and humanity’s accomplishments through themed puzzles.
Explore beautiful sceneries, use your knowledge and skills in a one-of-a-kind word game, where every correct answer takes you closer to completing the puzzle and revealing the secret word!
- Explore beautifully designed worlds with hundreds of levels to play
- Each world brings new themes and genres that will challenge the wisest of puzzle lovers
- Innovative gameplay that brings a new twist to crossword puzzles
- If you get stuck on a question, use the power-up to reveal a letter
- Sync your progress across all devices by connecting to Facebook
- Play levels offline if you don’t have internet connection (with limited features)
- You can subscribe to play unlimited puzzles in different levels of difficulties (easy, medium, hard and kids)
- The subscriptions are from $3.99 weekly, $9.99 monthly and $64.99/annually*
- All prices are subject to change without notification. We occasionally run promotional prices as incentives or limited time opportunities for qualifying purchases made during the promotional time period. Due to the time sensitive and promotional nature of these events, we are unable to offer price protection or retroactive discounts or refunds for previous purchases in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering
- You'll be able to play unlimited puzzles for the duration of your subscription
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a CodyCross subscription
*Prices may vary according to your iTunes account country
With spooky season upon us, it's time to test your knowledge with 100 new puzzles set in a House of Horrors. Hope you aren't too frightened!
We have also made some app improvements and bug fixes in this latest version.
Ratings and Reviews
A Cross between Word find and 😁crossword game..
I love this game! It has helped me find words I had problems remembering! I love the chance to think up the correct words and if I can’t, then getting other words causes letters to fly into words waiting for me to get them! You can win coins that allow a “li’l guy” astronaut to award you letters at the cost of one coin per letter, so there is a lot of help here! The graphics as you travel from section to section are amazing...you can choose to play free or buy a subscription....there is plenty of play for Free. I have been playing for nearly 2 months...just about every day...Support is great and (ads are few and x makes them go away, fast!) I wish all games did this, I would be playing them, too...but there is a lot of fun here...A family could help, shouting out the words...how fast can your family get one level/5 games? “TRY IT...YOU’LIKE IT”💜💜💜😀😀😀
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the kind words! We're always happy to know our users are enjoying our game! I'll make sure your comment reaches our whole team so they know they are doing a great job! Feel free to contact us whenever you want.
Thanks for your time and have a wonderful day!
My Sight of the Game
I’m gonna try to make this short and simple. The thought of a game like this is nice and cool however the clues are very unhelpful. I’m a teenager playing this and the ad said “ Play this for fifteen minutes every day and you’ll get better memory” or something also those line but I have been playing this for quite a while and it’s not helpful at all. The easy levels aren’t really easy. The game says for 4+ but not even a six year old would be able to play this because it’s extremely hard even for me. If you weren’t taught certain words growing up then this game is just too hard to play. Honestly please make easier levels. Also maybe the player isn’t ready for adventure mode and wants to do the easy pack but isn’t allowed to use money on games like me. What then? What if I’m not ready for adventure mode and want to go easy on myself but can’t? Will I just be restricted from the easy levels forever? Maybe premium could be used for different things other then levels, because that’s like playing Candy Crush but you have to pay to go past level 50 or so. Maybe it could be for more free hints. But having for the levels really restricts the player. That’s it I just wanted to say that now bye.
The game is fun, and the challenges vary from almost ridiculously easy to frustratingly hard. The “space cadet” background format is a bit silly for someone like me who is in my seventh decade, but it is tolerable. Some of the clues are a bit inaccurate, if not misleading, and there is no immediate way to report or challenge them. I taught English for over forty years, so I have a bit of insight regarding definitions. All that said, the ads are the most annoying aspect. As a disclaimer, I fully realize that many other games have the same ads with the exact same problem. If a game cannot “hook” you in ten to fifteen seconds, the remaining fifteen aren’t going to either. Most annoying are the ones that you “X” out of only to have a second screen with a wait to hit the second “X.” What are these ad designers thinking? Has it occurred to them that these persistent and duplex ads actually may have the psychologically reverse effect of “I will never download that annoying thing.” Thus, hook me in fifteen seconds or less, or forget it.
By the way, my wife and I play the same games on our IPads as a competition which makes for a lot of fun except that she wins too often.
Developer Response ,
We're constantly working to improve the game to give our players the best possible experience! Therefore, we are always testing new and different business models to support the requirements for maintaining the quality of the app.
Also, we are always really worried about the game's quality and your feedback greatly helps us. Whenever you see content that you think is not fitting with the game, please access the options menu while playing and use the option "Report Word" to report it to us so we can make the game even better!
We will forward your feedback to the rest of the team!
Have a wonderful day!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fanatee, Inc.
- 326.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Fanatee
- In-App Purchases
- CodyCross Premium $3.99
- Handful of tokens $1.99
- Pocketful of tokens $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.