Requires: iPhone X, iPad Pro, or newer to purchase. All other devices are welcome to browse.
At Topology we craft premium eyeglasses and sunglasses for every ONE face, not everyone’s face. We call it custom-tailored eyewear.
We design, engineer, and craft your glasses based on your unique facial measurements, your distinct stylistic choices, and your personal needs and preferences. Our eye glasses and sunglasses are made one at a time, for one person at a time, from scratch in San Francisco.
Using just your iPhone camera, the Topology app creates a millimeter-accurate virtual 3D model of your face. It analyzes more than 2,000 measurements of your unique features to create custom glasses that fit perfectly. We guarantee a perfect fit for any face or your money back.
Getting your perfect glasses or sunglasses is easy:
• Take a video selfie using the Topology app
• 3D imaging captures more than 2,000 measurements of your face, and tailors a virtual frame to fit you perfectly
• Select Italian acetate or stainless steel glasses in a variety of colors
• Preview and adjust the style of the frame to your liking including the height, width, and drop position
• Choose between clear lenses, tinted lenses, mirrored sunglasses, or transition lenses
• Share your designs with friends and get feedback via messaging or social media
• Choose your prescription type: single vision lenses, progressive lenses, or bifocals
• Checkout faster with Apple Pay
• Questions? Communicate directly with a human Topology expert without leaving the app
Topology Eyewear is the ideal choice for anyone currently paying for “designer” stock eyewear that doesn’t fit. With frames priced at $549, custom-tailored eyewear is simpler and more attainable than ever before.
All lenses come with standard scratch-resistant, anti-reflective, and hydrophobic coatings. High-index material is included at no extra cost. Additionally, blue light filtering and polarized lenses are also available upon request.
Your custom eyewear will arrive in a few weeks and fit perfectly, just as you designed them. If they don’t or if they need to be returned for any reason, just let us know. Our Perfect-Fit Guarantee gives you 30 days to send them back for a full refund.
You asked, we answered: 28 new styles have just been added to our custom-tailored collection!
In addition, each bespoke frame is now meticulously crafted with old-school artisanal rivet hinges.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great concept but I am unsure about the end result because I could never get the selfie to upload. The app appeared to freeze up and displayed the message "Uploading Face Scan". It may have been a bandwidth issue on my end or it could just take awhile to transmit the amount of granular 3D data that a face scan captures. Either way it tested my patience and was frustrating.
One more thing that also bothered me is the lack of a very prominent disclosure of what is done to protect the face scans, who technically owns the data once it resides on either the company's servers or cloud provider, and how that data can be removed. Given the recent misuse and abuse of sensitive data that has come to light by tech firms and the less-than-scrupulous use of that data, I would like to have a very clear explanation of the policies as they relate to the most sensitive and identifying piece of information that any person can give up. Frankly, I am quite reticent to entrust such data to a company that could decide to sell such data if they run into a cash crunch or as an ancillary source of revenue, and I would like a clear airing of what the policies are, the recent California data privacy law notwithstanding. If it were not for the complete lack of variety from the prescription eyewear industry as regards the size of frames, the potential privacy issues would have completely dissuaded me from trying this
Excited about this app!
I will gladly pay a 3.5x price point over Warby Parker to try this company, which offers a customized fit, user customization of fit and style, a UI that works and is responsive, and better materials. UI feedback:
1) I want my width / height / drop user customizations to be frame-specific; why make my choices stick across frames?
2) Great favorites feature — but making existing favorites editable, so that I can tweak my customizations is a must-have. Please add this!
3) I get that facial images on a horizontal plane are necessary to detect landmarks and customize fit, but when I see renderings, I want to see them at more angles. Can you make the “try it on” screen use my camera (see Warby Parker app), or else make the initial video collection phase ask for “now look around or up and down to capture more angles of your face” so we can see glasses not just on a left-right axis of our faces? This would be nice to have.
While standard eyeglasses generally fit me well, I was interested in trying Topology glasses. I am very happy that I did! The glasses fit well and look equal or better than other luxury eyeglasses that I’ve tried on or owned. You are getting that quality (e.g., Italian Acetate) for less money, at least compared to other glasses I had been looking at. The custom fitting and design is a bonus. This is why I would recommend Topology.
As far as process, I was pretty pleased. It was unclear to me how perfect your face scan needed to be, and so I rescanned three times to ensure it was a good scan. I positioned my phone and arms on a counter and kneeled to minimize movement during the scan - I think this worked well. As far as frames and colors, the rendering gives you some perspective, but the photographs were really helpful in understanding the actual design details and true colors of the frames. From the time I ordered to receiving my glasses, it took 13 days.
If I have any critiques, it is that they have a limited number of frame choices at this point. That said, there still is a good amount of variety, and the multitude of color choices greatly help. Ultimately, I am very pleased with my choice because the color I selected helped compensate for some some frame design details I was unsure of.
Hope this is helpful to those looking for a new pair of high-end glasses!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the great feedback. We are actively working on new styles and colors and look forward to sharing these new options with you soon.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.