Access the world’s best fund managers.
Round provides access to world-class fund managers, curated portfolios. Say goodbye to passive stock and bond portfolios. Say hello to alternative assets and strategies.
Don't just passively ride the up and down waves of the market. The actively managed funds on Round aim to navigate the choppy waters in order to achieve the best possible return while also managing risk. These fund managers often have significant resources and employ experienced teams with deep expertise in unique investment areas.
How it works
1) You answer a series of questions to get a custom portfolio built around your goals. It takes as little as 3 minutes. Our technology matches your money with a curated mix of world-class fund managers.
2) You get experts managing your portfolio. This means an alternative fixed-income specialist could be managing 12% of your portfolio, a well-respected growth stock manager looking after 8%, and other expert managers looking after the rest.
3) We send out reports and update videos to explain how your investments are doing, in words you can understand.
-Round’s fee is 0.5% annually, and if you have a negative return your fee is waived*
-The funds you invest in may charge a fee and our custodian may charge miscellaneous fees for things like returned deposits.
Safety & Privacy
-Your investments are protected by the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) and are held at Apex Clearing Corp., a custodian and broker-dealer.
-We do not store any compromising information on our servers.
-We use bank-grade security and authentication to ensure your private information stays private.
-Round Investments is an SEC registered Investment Advisor.
Round Investments LLC, dba Round, is an SEC registered investment advisor. Securities offered through Apex Clearing Corporation, Member FINRA, SIPC.
The information provided should not be relied upon as investment advice or recommendations, does not constitute a solicitation to buy or sell securities and should not be considered legal, investment or tax advice as it does not take into account the specific objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any specific person. Diversification does not ensure a profit or protect against a loss in a declining market. There is no guarantee that any particular asset allocation or mix of funds will meet your investment objectives or provide you with a given level of income. Forecasts or projections of investment outcomes in investment plans are estimates only, based upon numerous assumptions about future capital markets returns and economic factors. As estimates, they are imprecise and hypothetical in nature, do not reflect actual investment results, and are not guarantees of future results. Investing entails risk including the possible loss of principal and there is no assurance that the investment will provide positive performance over any period of time. Pictures and depictions of the Round app do not reflect the performance of Round and are not an indication of performance.
*To view the full explanation of Round’s Program Fee and fee waiver, go to https://intercom.help/investround/en/articles/2990250-fees
Referral program launch.
Ratings and Reviews
A good start - needs a few enhancements
I like the app so far. It’s clean and easy to use, and the portfolio allocation chart is very visual so I know exactly what I’m invested in. I would like the option of more auto deposit frequencies: biweekly and monthly in addition to weekly with ability to choose day of the month. Also Personal Capital, Mint, etc. and TurboTax integration. I also wish withdraw was easier to find instead of being buried under options.
Supposedly they only pick from top fund managers. I was not shocked to find out that this is not the case. They just allocate your capital in a plethora of different mutual funds. After doing more research into the specific funds they place you into they all for the most part massively underperform. Nearly each fund has recorded atrocious returns. The fees they charge are absolutely outrageous. A .5% fee each money if your account is positive. It’s almost beneficial if you lose money since you won’t have to pay the monthly fee they charge for outperformance. It really is no wonder why advisory platforms like this and others are on their way out. Just another platform that has flashy catchlines and a clean user interface but in reality is underwhelming.
Developer Response ,
We’re so sorry that you feel this way, but hopefully this can clear up some of your concerns:
1. Fund Performance - over 70% of the funds on Round have outperformed their respective benchmarks according to Morningstar over the longest available time period*. Our focus is on risk-adjusted-performance as well, not just absolute performance where our members may be subject to unnecessary risk. We’re happy to go over your account in more detail using our in-app chat function.
2. Dynamic Fund Allocation - the fund managers and funds you are allocated to are based on multiple factors and shift as economic conditions change. For example, if economic conditions are deteriorating, you may find yourself in more risk-averse funds looking to provide stability through volatile times. What you are invested in will change over time and is not passive like other investment platforms.
3. Fee structure - the 0.5% fee is annual, not monthly. Traditional investment advisors typically charge ~1% annually while static robo-advisors generally charge 0.25%-0.5%. We believe that our fee is extremely compelling given our value offering.
The goal of Round is to be a valued partner over time, making you feel confident and secure knowing that there are professional investors looking after your funds.
We may not be the right for everyone, but we believe we are the best platform for hard-working professionals that want to have conviction and clarity in where their money is invested.
If you have any other questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
*Fund performance data was pulled as of October 10, 2019 and was using the maximum available time period on Morningstar. Past performance doesn’t indicate future performance. Please see the full list of disclosures on investround.com and for a full list of funds please check the Round app.
If you’re looking for that differentiator...
Round is a breath of fresh air amidst the overwhelming labyrinth of FinTech options currently available. I’ve given other apps a fair shot including: Acorns, robinhood and stash to name a few.
An immediately relevant takeaway would be the user experience. Building a profile and setting preferences feels as personal as sitting down at the table across from your fiduciary (which round is btw - VERY IMPORTANT).
Their connectivity to otherwise unreachable funds could quite possibly be the most impressive feature, yet what I believe supersedes it’s already iron clad platform and
system is it’s customer service. Having video updates and real people whom you can connect with for any need is quite extraordinary.
Put simply, use this app and you will not be sorry!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.