*** Requires iPad Air or more recent. ***
"I've only had it for a day but it is by far my favorite app on my iPad Pro. It is the app I have been waiting for. Thank you!" - Alex Ogle, Comic Book Artist.
View and create awesome comics right on your iPad! Comic Draw for Schools comes with everything you need: brushes, fonts and tools to make reading & creating cartoons and comics easy and fun!
• Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Supports Adonit & Wacom pressure sensitive styluses
- Standard comic and cartoon templates
- 34 bundled brushes
- 130+ bundled comic fonts
- Layers and layer groups
- 1, 2 & 3 point perspective guides
- Fast and easy comic lettering
- Auto-save enabled - never lose your artwork
- Integrated publishing system
- 34 bundled brushes
- Textures and screentones
- Lots of customization options
- Easy favoriting system
- Import and export brushes for fast sharing
- Build up your artwork with layers
- Layer groups help separate your stages of work
- Lock, hide and merge layers as you go
- Layer blend modes for advanced effects
- Create custom color palettes
- Multiple bundled palettes including a classic comic color palette
- Fast color blocking with automatic edge detection from higher layers
- Quick shade adjustment slider
- Canvas color sampling
• Perspective Guides
- 1, 2 and 3 point guides available
- Multiple guides per page
- Automatic perspective snap of strokes, lines, rectangles and ovals
- Simple guide calibration from reference photo or sketch
• Selection and Masking
- Copy, flip, distort and filter selected areas
- Filters include hue, saturation, brightness, recolor, background exclusion and foreground selection.
- Mask regions for safe painting
- 130+ bundled fonts
- Advanced balloon support including extension balloons
- Sophisticated lettering controls including warping and 3D effects
- Advanced style system for consistent fonts and graphic design across multiple pages
• Script Editor
- Full comic script editor included
- Automatic keyword recognition
- Drag and drop lettering elements from the script to comic page
- Separate sketch area with simplified tools
- Fast switching between sketch and final artwork
- Lettering layer available for panel layout planning
• Publishing & Sharing
- Record video of your creative process
- Import Comic Draw native format
- Export as Comic Draw native format, PDF, ePub, JPG or PNG
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, email and many more
* Fixes a potential crash when sharing brushes and color palettes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Hits to the Heart
Been eyeing this app for a bit and decided to pick it up. Hits to the heart of comic book creation, ease of use with very little learning curve and super fun to navigate. It's a five star rating for me as it gets the job done and that's the main point! Take that leap of faith if you want to go digital comic creation, this is the app you'll want.
I love this app!!! It’s amazing! I never was really able to construct comics before this app without hating the process of it. The only thing is that I’m left handed. The tools bar is on the left as well. It would be super helpful if you could add an option to switch the tool bar to the right of the screen. :) Otherwise, awesome app! Thanks for making it!
Developer Response ,
Hello there Bwen29.
Thanks for your review of Comic Draw! Glad to see you are enjoying it!
To make the Toolbar go to the right side of your screen, all you need to do is simply flick the Toolbar across in one motion. Don't tap and hold and flick. Just flick it across just like you would a page of an eBook. Hope this makes Comic Draw perfect for you!
Legit art app for comic creation.
I really appreciate all the “in app” tools that don’t require additional downloads. Having native pencil/ink/lettering layers is amazing. Pressure sensitivity isn’t quite as good as photoshop or Paper, but it’s amazing none the less. Absolutely worth $10!
Developer Response ,
Hi Jay. Thanks so much for the positive review! Just in case you missed it, we do offer a Stylus Pressure Curve, so you can hopefully get the stylus pressure to react the way you like. Find this under Tools > Stylus > and select your stylus. This is covered from page 39 in the current version of the User Manual (get it via the Tools > User Manual link).
You can also adjust the pressure characteristics of individual brushes by tapping on a brush preset to reveal the configuration options and then going to Dynamic. This is covered from page 96 in the User Manual.
Please contact us if you have any further questions: plasq.com/contact - thanks very much!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- plasq LLC
- 60.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2020 plasq LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.