Build, customize, and expand your own zoo while having fun caring for exotic animals!
The endangered animals of the world need your help! BUILD the perfect zoo while CARING for, FEEDING and SAVING animals, all through the lens of Smithsonian wildlife conservation and exploring the simulation of a real live zoo.
• Build and Customize Your Own Zoo – Who says you have to be a tycoon to build your own zoo?! Become the ultimate zoo architect by placing habitats and choosing from 8 different biomes: Polar, Savanna, Tropical, Mountain, Temperate, Prairie, Wetlands, or Desert. Decide which animals to place in each habitat and then invite visitors to come learn about your animals!
• Care for Your Animals – Put your zookeeper skills to the test by unlocking, adopting and caring for over 58 endangered species, including cheetahs, elephants, birds, tigers, pandas, rhinos and more! Keep your animals happy by cleaning their habitats, feeding them, and treating them to enrichment items.
• Collect “Fun Fact Cards” – A zoo simulation with an educational twist! Earn Fun Fact Cards for each of your animals by giving them proper care. With up to 15 Fun Facts per card, discover your animals’ preferences, as well as what they need to survive.
• Interact in Augmented Reality - Become the ultimate zoologist by interacting with animals in your own world via augmented reality! Learn about their fight or flight tendencies, feed them their preferred foods, and photograph their behaviors for study.
• Level Up Your Zoo IQ – Increase your zoology knowledge by completing daily quests, contributing to World Watch missions and earning daily rewards!
• Save the Animals - Fight global extinction by nurturing your animals to peak wellness and preparing them for relocation back into the wild using techniques you learn from your Smithsonian mentor. Step up as a fearless conservationist and defend the planet against the villains that threaten animal extinction!
Become a conservation hero today - Download Zoo Guardians for free to get started!
Love is in the air with the Woo at the Zoo event! Enjoy the XOXO decorations and exclusive heart-filled enrichment items for your animals. Plus don't miss the February Zoo Pass Animal of the Month - the Red Kangaroo!
Ever wonder what the Zoo Staff are doing while you're away? Now you'll know with the new Zoo Staff Reports feature! Once a shift is complete a report will tell you how much food was given, coins collected and dirty spots cleaned.
*Find a bug? Let us know at zooguardians.com/support
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
There is a problem
Purchased third area (top right quadrant) and everything was fine for a while (had many animals: wolves, panda, bison, etc). For some reason the area looks like it was wiped out by thanos with nothing left, and it is asking me to spend 250 gems on something that I already purchased (with the standard in game currency by the way) and all the animals in there are also gone (pandas and bison are quite expensive by the way!). Sooo... what gives? Give me back my progress. (Also the app has issues with crashing, some options don’t function 100% of the time, and I had to sell a gorilla because it was automatically sent to storage every time I tried to put her in an enclosure).
Developer Response ,
Hi! We are so sorry to hear you are experiencing issues but would love to assist! If you go to zooguardians.com/support and create a ticket, our team will be more than happy to help restore your zoo along with any missing progress. Our team is also constantly working to enhance the game, so we really appreciate you flagging the crash bugs, as your feedback will help us improve the game for others.
Promising but glitches a lot & gems are too hard to get free
The overall premise is neat, but the animals need constant upkeep. This requires you to either go into the app every 10-15 mins to clean & feed, or you need to hire a lot of staff. You can’t assign staff as you really need either, they have a preset pattern of plots they’ll cover which is frustrating because I don’t need them to cover support structures, just animal habitats. I have 10 staff members currently, but after manually assigning them a shift, 7 randomly went into rest mode. This happens a lot and my poor animals are left hungry & in dirty habitats. I’m hoping it doesn’t cause any to get sick. Once you get past the first few animals you need gems to hire experienced staff, buy more land and buy several animals. Gems are very hard to earn, so if you want to progress you have to pay actual money for them. The final frustration is it’s impossible to tell what habitat, and what size/temp an animal needs, until you try and place them. Even then it’s confusing sometimes because the fact card will sometimes say they prefer a certain size habitat or number of companions, but the hint they give you contradicts that. It would also be nice if you could zoom out to see the whole zoo at once, and if when you’re cleaning habitats the app didn’t zoom way in on you.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you so much for your review, as your feedback truly helps us improve the game for others. We have passed on all of these notes to our developers, but if you ever have any additional notes or comments, please feel free to reach out to us any time at zooguardians.com/support!
Fun, but glitchy
I found this game very fun, and I even tried downloading it on my iPad instead of phone to give it another try... but the glitches became too annoying. When there weren’t any glitches the game is fun and enjoyable. But eventually there was a long lag time between me touching the screen and the objects in the game moving, the front game stopped accumulating any income so there was nothing for me to collect, the “Claim Reward” button would show an error sign and I wasn’t able to claim any rewards for completing tasks or benchmarks, and if you don’t want to spend real money on gems then the ratio of staff to habitats is unrealistic. Every time I returned, even with all 6 staff members working, I would have messy habitats and unhappy animals. The only way to buy staff after the first 6 are through gems which cost actual money and are hard to come by through just playing the game...especially since as I mentioned earlier the “Claim Reward” button wasn’t working and neither was the “Collect” coins button for the in-game currency. Altogether, along with the glitches makes this game more frustrating than fun. It’s really sad because I think it’s a great game if it worked appropriately.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Knowledge Adventure
- 87 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 JumpStart Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Mini Gem Bundle $1.99
- Small Gem Bundle $4.99
- Medium Gem Bundle $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.