Introducing Piñata, the first rewards and credit building program for renters. It's simple! You get rewards when you fly, when you pump your gas, but why not with your single biggest monthly expense? Piñata wants to change that. When you use the Piñata app you get amazing rewards just for confirming your on-time rent payments. But it gets better. You can also build your credit, which can directly supercharge your financial wellbeing. Piñata even lets you save on everyday expenses in our marketplace. And because giving back is crucial to our mission, each time you verify your rent payment we buy a meal for someone in need.
HERE'S HOW PIÑATA WORKS
Create your FREE account:
- Download the app and go through our snappy account creation
- Get a $30 gift card and your first Piñata Cash to spend on rewards of your choice
Earn Piñata Cash:
- Every rent day, you'll earn Piñata Cash just for paying your rent like you already do
- Earn additional Piñata Cash from referrals, taking surveys and more!
Redeem your Piñata Cash for rewards of your choice:
- Choose from exclusive rewards, from fitness experiences to gift cards at brands you love
- Unlock a special rent day reward each month
FREE Credit Building:
- Opt in to report your rent payments to credit bureaus and finally get "credit" for on time rent payments
- Build your credit and boost your financial literacy for a brighter future
Save on expenses & earn cash back:
- Shop our curated marketplace of over 500 national brands and local businesses, including Macy's, GrubHub, Costco, Samsung and more!
- Get discounts big time on everything from household needs to food to hobbies to insurance
- Earn Piñata Cash back on your shopping and get a little back from your expenses
Support those in need:
- We buy a meal for someone in need on your behalf every rent day through partnerships with organizations like No Kid Hungry
As featured in Forbes and Yahoo! Finance
We're always fixing bugs and making improvements!
Ratings and Reviews
I’m in process of setting up my account now but wanted to say thank you ! I’m 65 years old & have pretty much been a renter my entire life .. I wish things had been different but that’s neither here nor there. I’m grateful that finally making my monthly rent payment, on time, will be acknowledged. My luck in the credit dept. is bad due to my poor choices but I consistently/monthly pay rent, utilities, cell phone, etc without fail & because not reported to credit bureaus, I simply appear to be a loser because I have no credit cards, car loan, outstanding school loans and/or real estate loans …. Bottom line, no history of payments to creditors then no credit offered or given. My credit report says nothing about my character or ability to take care of my family so obviously I’m not worthy of worth taking a chance with.
By the way, our vehicle in my husbands name but I made the monthly payment … guess who gets credit for that pmt .. duh, it’s certainly not me.
Anyway, thank you for this opportunity … I look forward to seeing on my credit report.
High Hopes / Low Expectations
I mainly downloaded this app for its ability to report rent payments to improve your credit score and will be updating this review in three months to let you all know how it went.
The rewards don’t seem to be great however I did find great deals on renters and pet insurance through lemonade as it was one of their paid boosters. My advice is to definitely creat and use and alternate email address for anything you sign up for because you will absolutely be spammed and those ‘free samples’ never seem to present themselves after signing up for reward after reward. This app can be great if you have the time on your hands to sift through all the busy work but with an underlying theme of “you gotta spend money to make money.” If you do have a bit of dough to spare/move around, be conscious of your purchases and only buy things you need vs what you want- we’re all here to make extra money not spend it right? A good example for me what the deal from clean cult that gave me 160$ cash back on natural cleaning products and bottles I already would have used. Godspeed night crawlers, may the odds be ever in your favor.
This app is bogus . GetsYou to do all that work and then turn around and stop the program and cancel account. This ad is a joke at first it seemed like it was a good app I left a good review and everything then they turn around and fault me for people that signed up and didn’t meet the criteria. Like how is that right ! Why should I be penalized .Then on top of that my account is -152 but how is that possible if they never paid me a dime I’m super angry y’all should not download this app this is a big scam.I’m only rating this a five star so we can reach the top of the list. Other than that it would be -5 stars for me
Developer Response ,
We appreciate you voicing your complaint about the app and your experience using it. We love giving our users Piñata cash for referrals, but only if they are real and valid accounts. Unfortunately, your referrals have been flagged as fraud as they were not valid accounts and many were fake email address.
If you would like more info, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pinata Global Inc
- 235.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Piñata Global, Inc.