Introducing Piñata, the first rewards and credit building program for renters. It's simple! You get rewards when you fly, when you pump your gas, but why not with your single biggest monthly expense? Piñata wants to change that. When you use the Piñata app you get amazing rewards just for confirming your on-time rent payments. But it gets better. You can also build your credit, which can directly supercharge your financial wellbeing. Piñata even lets you save on everyday expenses in our marketplace. And because giving back is crucial to our mission, each time you verify your rent payment we buy a meal for someone in need.
Isn't it time that rent got smarter and more rewarding?
HERE'S HOW PIÑATA WORKS
Create your FREE account:
- Download the app and go through our snappy account creation
- Get a $30 gift card and your first Piñata Cash to spend on rewards of your choice
Earn Piñata Cash:
- Every rent day, you'll earn Piñata Cash just for paying your rent like you already do
- Earn additional Piñata Cash from referrals, taking surveys and more!
Redeem your Piñata Cash for rewards of your choice:
- Choose from exclusive rewards, from fitness experiences to gift cards at brands you love
- Unlock a special rent day reward each month
Build your credit:
- Opt in to report your rent payments to credit bureaus and finally get “credit” for on time rent payments
- Build your credit and boost your financial literacy for a brighter future
Save on expenses & earn cash back:
- Shop our curated marketplace of over 500 national brands and local businesses, including Macy's, GrubHub, Costco, Samsung and more!
- Get discounts big time on everything from household needs to food to hobbies to insurance
- Earn Piñata Cash back on your shopping and get a little back from your expenses
Play Max Smash:
- Help our adorable mascot, Max the Piñata, eat candy and avoid smashers in our fun in-app game
- Unlock exciting deals and join our raffle for big prizes, like a month of free rent
Support those in need:
- We buy a meal for someone in need on your behalf every rent day through partnerships with organizations like No Kid Hungry
- Nominate renters in need (including yourself) and each month we’ll select a recipient for rent relief
As featured in Forbes and Yahoo! Finance
Download the Piñata app now to crack open the power of rent!
We've fixed some bugs and made some minor improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Rewards for renters
I just happened to stumble across this app and fell in love!! I know it’s more expensive to rent. However I would never be able to save enough money that’s required for a down payment. I feel better now because I’m being rewarded for renting. Love it!!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we're glad you love the app!
This app is bogus . GetsYou to do all that work and then turn around and stop the program and cancel account. This ad is a joke at first it seemed like it was a good app I left a good review and everything then they turn around and fault me for people that signed up and didn’t meet the criteria. Like how is that right ! Why should I be penalized .Then on top of that my account is -152 but how is that possible if they never paid me a dime I’m super angry y’all should not download this app this is a big scam.I’m only rating this a five star so we can reach the top of the list. Other than that it would be -5 stars for me
Developer Response ,
We appreciate you voicing your complaint about the app and your experience using it. We love giving our users Piñata cash for referrals, but only if they are real and valid accounts. Unfortunately, your referrals have been flagged as fraud as they were not valid accounts and many were fake email address.
If you would like more info, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of the “rewards” so far have been junk. All 3 that I claimed so far, I felt scammed— in that they were not actually gift cards or free items but the same promos anyone can get, like “free” meals with Hello Fresh when you sign up as a new customer or a “free” custom book IF you subscribe to the $20 a month book club. It’s just trials you can get even without their “rewards”. Which is really irritating. The only one that wasn’t just a promo was a $10 Target gift card— for $100 of their currency. The only benefit to this service is the credit reporting, which I can’t even use bc I have Capital One. My property management company justified a rent rise by opening us this account, but it’s very disappointing and totally not worth it— unless we changed banks, which I don’t want to do.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pinata Global Inc
- 234.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Piñata Global, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.