harbor is the all-in-one safety and emergency app that does all the thinking for you - making it the simplest way to keep your home and family safe. Join countless families who are using harbor to quickly and easily prepare for all of life’s emergencies.
Don't worry, be ready:
• Get help faster with the harborHELP SOS button. Teaming up with ADT, we created an emergency response system that helps EMTs efficiently locate, identify, and help you.
• Assess your household risk, and do something about it. We use both public and proprietary data to evaluate what you need to do to stay safe and fortify your home.
• Learn how to prepare for every disaster scenario. We compiled the most useful info from readiness experts and then made it easy-to-read and fun-to-learn for everyone.
• Secure all your emergency information. With the latest encryption technology, you can upload digital copies of your IDs, medical info, or even wills for safekeeping.
• Access harborOFFLINE emergency guides. You can follow the exact steps necessary to take for most natural disasters - accessible even when cell towers are down.
Terms and Conditions: https://www.helloharbor.com/terms
We’ve been solving problems: some small ones here and there, and some big ones that required late nights. But bugs are fixed, and harbor works better than ever.
Ratings and Reviews
Get ahead of emergencies, THEY WILL HAPPEN
I downloaded the harbor app when it was released because it was something my family and I really needed to get on top of - but then I procrastinated in getting started on the app and setting up our plan. In early January, we had a toilet overflow that, because of a faulty flapper, wouldn’t stop running and flooded our entire master bathroom, went through the floor, and crashed water through a light fixture onto the first floor and even further into the basement. As it was happening, we knew we needed to turn the water off - but having lived in our house for a little over a year and never having an issue, we had no idea where the water shut-off was. As we were hunting around every surface of the house with flashlights, while water kept coming and doing more damage, I no lie said out loud to my husband, “this is exactly why we needed to set up harbor - it literally tells you to do things like take a picture of where your water shut-off is”. Home emergencies are at least as likely to be like this one - everyday mishaps that turn serious fast - as they are to be big natural disasters, and I only wish I had followed harbor’s simple steps to mitigate them earlier.
New Version is Spot On
The app concept is great with lots of useful information. It’s nice to have lists and plans. It’s useful in gathering everything you need to be prepared, where to keep it, what to have on hand etc. Unfortunately the checklists don’t work. If you check something off it doesn’t update. Coming back to the list results in an unchecked box. It makes it hard to prepare when your lists never update.
Edit: Since my initial review they have fixed the bug making this a highly usable app for preparing for emergencies. Lists now work and make it great for getting together what you need. Now a five star app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback. I will dig in to this issue ASAP and we'll fix it in the next release!
Infantile presentation style
This app has a lot of great info but I have to agree with reviewer Stargirlx12, the format is dreadful.
It’s like sitting through a tedious PowerPoint lecture from hell. The puns and jokes get old really quickly.
At certain points in the Q&A the user is prompted to take or upload a photo of things like the gas shutoff or the main circuit breaker panel. If you choose not to do it , there’s no way to go further in this section. I don’t want to give access to my photos, to just any old app (even with ios14’s greater security over photos access). My breaker panel is right out in the open. I don’t want or need a picture of it. Same for the gas shutoff and my water heater. Yes my water heater is strapped in. It’s mandatory in this state ( because 40+ gallons of scalding hot water getting loose in an earthquake is never going to end well, to say nothing about natural gas hoses being ripped out of the wall). I don’t need to take a picture of it to know if it strapped in.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for this feedback. We also noticed the bug you're referencing in this review, and have fixed it: you can now skip the steps where we ask you to take pictures. Please don't hesitate to reach out again with any feedback.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 25MP CORP
- 232.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © harbor
- In-App Purchases
- harbor premium monthly $14.99
- harbor Premium $129.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.