Lingopie: Learn a Language 12+
Language learning with TV
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Hundreds of thousands of people are learning languages with authentic movies and TV shows with Lingopie! Why learn a language with Lingopie? It’s the best way to skip boring language courses and lessons and immerse yourself into the local culture and real-life dialects. Binge your way to fluency!
“Sit on your couch binge-watching junk TV and come out brilliant.” Frommers
4.8/5 on Trustpilot is proving that users love our product and entertaining education works! Our methodology incorporates all acknowledged fundamental language learning techniques.
TRY LINGOPIE - DOWNLOAD THE APP AND ENJOY 40 MIN FREE EVERY WEEK
Download the Lingopie language learning app today and get:
* Access to thousands of TV shows, movies and shorts from around the world
* Amazing language learning tools for an optimal learning experience helping you pause, repeat, pronounce and much more
* Enjoyable exercises and engaging quizzes based on the shows and movies you’ve watched to boost your vocabulary
* Hours of first-hand accent training and pronunciation practice
* Access to an amazing community of language learners with interactive webinars and fruitful discussions
START YOUR LEARNING JOURNEY TODAY:
Watch 10 minutes a week for FREE and learn the language of your choice. Ready to commit? Select Monthly or Annual plan. Had enough? Cancel anytime, anywhere, no commitment.
Learn how to enhance your language learning experience with amazing TV shows, movies, audio books, podcasts and more.
HOW DOES LINGOPIE WORK?
With clickable dual subtitles, every video becomes a lesson. Great tools that teach you how to speak, read, and understand a different language.
* PICK YOUR FAVORITE GENRE: Choose from thousands of real TV shows and movies then immerse yourself in the story.
* WATCH AND CLICK: Read the dual subtitles and click on the words to translate and learn about grammar and pronunciation.
* REVIEW AND LEARN: Review all you’ve learned with video flashcards, games, or in a private lesson.
LINGOPIE IS FOR EVERYONE
From beginners and advanced. From simple cartoons to complex dramas and fast-paced comedies, find something you love.
People spend a lot of time and money to learn foreign languages. They’re taught grammar within the confines of a classroom, an environment that can oftentimes be unexciting and quite frankly, a bit of a drag.
Lingopie yanks you out of class and teaches you through amazing television. With this unique approach to language learning, we believe (and have the science to back it) that acquiring a new language in a stress-free environment is much more efficient and, most of all, fun!
• Auto-renewable subscription
• 1 month (USD$11.99), 1 year (USD$71.99) durations
• Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew (at the duration selected) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Current subscription may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase
CONNECT WITH US
Join our growing community of language lovers like you on these social networks:
Lingopie home: https://lingopie.com/
Introducing Lingopie Music Catalog!
Discover Lingopie's latest addition, the Music Catalog!
Immerse yourself in the languages you're learning with the hottest songs in Spanish, Italian, German, and Korean. Follow along with lyrics and click dual subtitles for instant translations.
Start singing your way to fluency today!
Ratings and Reviews
Used this before they had an app and were still a website. Due to them not having a app, it wasn’t easily accessible and hard to save my place. They have so many great shows and even in Spanish they let you know which region the show is (ex: Mexico, Columbia. Honduras) so that you can see the differences. When I cancelled it, I received a email from one of the founders who told me they were sorry to see me go and offered me a student discount and told me they hoped to see me back and that they were planning on getting an app within a few weeks of that. I look forward to restarting where I left off because some shows on here are not only great, funny but it’s very helpful for learning languages.
OK Content, Bad Customer Service
UPDATE: the developers of this app reached out, apologized, and issued a refund. I don’t think customers should have to write a bad review to get a dignified response, but I did want to provide an update and give them credit for ultimately resolving things fairly.
The shows they offer in German are fine but not particularly entertaining - the kind of off-brand stuff you would have rented at the library as a kid, or watched in German class in high school. Worth a 3- or 3.5-star rating. However, the customer service was 1-star. I cancelled after my first month but noticed two months later that they kept charging me. When I inquired, they said there appeared to another account under my name with a typo in my email address. Probably some kind of error on my end, I’ll take full ownership for that. But, given that it was clearly a mistake and the fact that I hadn’t used the service since cancelling, I would expect some kind of offer to refund all or a portion of the accidental charges. I asked kindly for that and was offered nothing. The customer service rep instead referred me to their T’s & C’s and claimed there was no way around it. Long story short: OK product, less than OK customer service from a company that clearly care more about holding onto $24 than they do about making a good impression on their customers.
Developer Response ,
Hello EpicV27, we are really sorry to hear about this. Your account has already been refunded, please allow up to 10 business days for the transactions to go through.
Love the content; at the moment the app is useless
Right now (and repeatedly in the past) the app isn’t working at all. When it is, There are some major flaws with both translation and airplay.
1. When you send the content from your app to the TV, if it even works (right now it doesn’t for me), it doesn’t play at reduced speeds which is one of the most useful elements of the app. Also, while casting, when you click a vocabulary word to save it, it glitches. Many times the subtitles play on your phone while only the video is sent to your TV. I usually can only watch on my computer, although every once in a while airplay will function. 2. When you click on a word to save it for vocabulary practice, the wrong translation appears about 80% of the time. What’s the point then? 3. There’s some rad content, it’s just not as good for language learning as I would like and I want to watch it on my TV!!!! And I’m tired of all the problems occurring over and over again. I never know what I’m going to get. Am I going to be able to watch on the app on my phone? Is it one of the miraculous times it will kind of work on my TV via airplay? Sometimes it works but most of the time recently, it doesn’t. And if so, what’s the point of $90 a year?
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lingopie Inc
- 81.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Lingopie Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Lingopie Monthly Subscription $11.99
- LingoPie Monthly Subscription $11.99
- Lingopie Annual Subscription $71.99
- Lingopie Annual Subscription $71.99