ABBYY Lingvo Dictionary quickly and accurately translates words and phrases without an Internet connection.
Free access to 11 dictionaries for 7 languages included! Download them after installation right from within the app! Over 190 additional premium dictionaries are available for In-App Purchase. Electronic versions of dictionaries from the world’s leading publishers, such as Collins, Oxford and more - all in one place! You can be confident in your translations.
• Photo-translation - translation of words from the smartphone’s built-in camera or from images in your phone (not supported for Chinese and Kazakh).
• Flashcards for effective learning of words (with synchronization of flashcards between devices).
• Convenient work with several dictionaries at the same time: a general words list, a combined dictionary card.
• Dictionary entry contains detailed information about words, including translation alternatives, word usage examples, phonetic transcriptions, inflected forms of words and native audio pronunciation (in some dictionaries).
• A quick translation directly from the clipboard.
• Hypertext - instant translation of any word found in the dictionary entries with just a single tap.
• Spelling suggestions for mistyped words.
• The ability to use purchased dictionaries on another device (with the same Apple Id).
Once you install ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries, you can download 11 basic dictionaries for 7 languages for free:
• Russian ‹-› Russian, English, Spanish, French, German, Spanish
• Latin -› Russian
Dictionaries of the following language directions are available for purchase directly from within the application:
• English ‹-› Chinese, French, German, Italian, Kazakh, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
• German ‹-› English, French, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
• Russian ‹-› Belarusian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Kazakh, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Tatar, Turkish, Ukrainian
• Ukrainian ‹-› English, Polish, Russian
• Monolingual English, German, Kazakh, Russian, Spanish and Ukrainian dictionaries
For a complete list of dictionaries with detailed descriptions, visit our website at http://abbyy.com/lingvo_ios/en
If there are problems, please write at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi Lingvo friends!
Happy to inform you that we've updated our app!
CHANGES of 3.37:
• reworked Dictionaries screen,
• fixed app crashes on clipboard usage and on Dictionaries screen,
• bug fixes.
We hope you like this update and will find time to leave a review on our Lingvo App Store page.
Always with you,
ABBYY Lingvo Team
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Upgrade for iPhone X/XS/XS max
I love your app, using this everyday. I’m giving you 4/5 because it is only one app in my phone that is not working on my screen. Please update it to the new phone generation. Thank you
Developer Response ,
Hello! We've released an update with support for iPhone X. Please update the app to 3.33.3 version. Regards, ABBYY Lingvo Team.
Outstanding And Versatile Tool
I purchased this app in spring 2011. I have used it at least several times a week, if not many times a day since. I work primarily with English-Ukrainian, but have also needed Russian, Slovak, and Hungarian at times. In Ukrainian I use the basic, explanatory, and pronunciation dictionaries. I lived in Ukraine for four months and this thing was the single most valuable tool I brought. It works really well, has tons of useful info, and almost never crashes.
I have used this almost daily for six years. Awesome product!
Pulled a dirty trick on longtime users
Don’t trust this company.
This app is a replacement for a Lingvo translator’s dictionary app that users paid less to use, but had most definitions needed to perform accurate translations. The old app was first “put out to pasture,” left unmaintained and unsupported. Then it was pulled entirely from the App Store. Now there’s this app that’s taking the place of a product I already paid for. By the way, it has an almost identical icon and name.
In-app purchases of the dictionaries I need in order to have a standard working translator’s dictionary would now cost me well over $300, and if I wanted it to be more complete, over $500. No way. Since my old app is dead and gone, I’m going to buy paper dictionaries with that money and scan/OCR process it all myself so no one can yank it out from under me again.
Don’t be surprised if your several-hundred-dollar investment into the in-app purchases disappears in the next 4 years or so. I’m sure they’ll do the same thing to this app when they find another way to re-release it to make everyone pay even more for something they already paid for.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Please contact our support service at email@example.com. Our support service team will help you as soon as possible. Regards, ABBYY Lingvo Team.
- ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- 77.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019, ABBYY Production LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Active (De->Ru) $3.99
- Americana (En->Ru) $4.99
- Austria (De->Ru) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.