MLB Home Run Derby 2023 4+
Hit Epic Homers!
- Offers In-App Purchases
STEP UP TO PLATE! MLB Home Run Derby brings the non-stop action of the Home Run Derby to you. Do you have the skill to be a Home Run Derby Champion? With three distinct game modes, 100+ batters to collect, and constant live events - there is always a reason to swing for the fences in MLB Home Run Derby!
3 DIFFERENT MODES FOR SMASHING HOMERS!
- Duel online with other sluggers in live PVP contests that see how many home runs you can hit on a timer! Earn the best rewards in online competition!
- Head to the Arcade to hit targets and score big points! Stay in the slugfest as long as you can keep sending them yard!
- Compete in the Derby to take on the best batters in baseball for a Home Run Derby Championship! Can you win 3 rounds against the top home run hitters in MLB?
BATTLE THE BEST ONLINE FOR TOP REWARDS!
- Play against millions of MLB fans from around the world!
- Unlock exclusive new content in the Season Pass, with new content every month!
- Win baseball packs with every online victory - with new and unique rewards cycled daily
- New limited time events every week to unlock rare players!
- Top the leaderboards daily to unlock the best rewards! Earn more wins to climb to the top!
- Join the Classic Tournament every weekend for the best way to earn Classic Packs and legendary players like Jorge Posada, Chipper Jones, Keith Hernandez, and Jackie Robinson!
AUTHENTIC MLB ACTION
- Change the uniform of your classic sluggers to any of your favorite teams they played on throughout their careers!
- Unlock Home, Away, and Alternate uniforms for all MLB teams!
- T-Mobile Park, home of the 2023 Home Run Derby, is FREE! Plus, unlock every MLB ballpark with in-app purchase
STAY IN THE COMPETITION WITH LIVE EVENTS
- New batters released with live events like team specific events ( such as “NYY vs BOS Week” ), or themed events like “Catchers Pack” event
- Exclusive gear dropped frequently throughout the year
- New bundles, packs, and rewards available for each new event
COMPLETE YOUR COLLECTION!
- Over 100 batters to collect so you can find your favorite slugger!
- Unlock Retro uniforms to suit up your batter in classic style
- Free Daily Rewards in a monthly calendar
- Free rewards with every Season Pass
- Free Packs every four hours -- just login to redeem!
Follow @HRDerbyGame on Twitter and Like @hrderbygame on Facebook!
© 2023 MLB Advanced Media, L.P.
All rights reserved.
Developed for and Published by Major League Baseball.
Officially Licensed Product of MLB Players, Inc. MLBPA trademarks, copyrighted works and other intellectual property rights are owned and/or held by MLBPA and may not be used without the written consent of MLBPA or MLB Players, Inc.
Jackie Robinson ™ is a trademark of the Estate of Jackie Robinson & Mrs. Rachel Robinson.
Trademarks, copyrights, names, images and other proprietary materials are used with permission of World Baseball Classic, Inc.
-Splash screen and game icon have been updated to feature Juan Soto, the new 2023 cover athlete
-The default, free stadium has changed to T-Mobile Park
-Players, uniforms, and ballparks have been updated
Ratings and Reviews
Few Things Could Be Changed But Really Fun
First off, this game is really fun and really addicting. The players you play with participated in the real life HomeRun Derby(you can eventually unlock and play with non HomeRun Derby participates, but that takes major game progress). There’s a lot to accomplish as earning in game cash called “MLB Bucks” and completing game tasks are the main goals, in doing so you earn player cards that upgrade players and their ratings. There are 3 game modes: Arcade, Head to Head, and Full Derby Mode. Focus on the latter 2, but Arcade mode is good practice.
Some annoyances: To progress even quicker you will want to watch an ad from time time. Spending real life money on the game doesn’t hurt either(though not a requirement it does help). My biggest issue is the stadiums which look REALLY GOOD, can only be unlocked by spending real money. The game does give you the default All-Star Game stadium which is Seattle. However, after a while it does get kind of boring only playing in 1 stadium every time. What I did was buy the stadium of my favorite team, also another random stadium, as well as Seattle. It seems “MLB Bucks” would help with unlocking stadiums but unfortunately they don’t.
Overall I would give this game a 4.3 out of 5
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for your feedback, we will be sure to pass it along. If you still need further assistance please reach out to us via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Good but flawed
This game is fun, but there are some issues that prevent replay value.
-Uniforms cost wayyyyy too much. I’ve been playing this game for a while and never gotten close to unlocking a uniform and frankly don’t really care about them. There are just too many of them that cost too much, and opening a pack of cards just to get a bunch of uniforms that you aren’t gonna get close to unlocking is annoying.
- Equipment is sooo hard to unlock. Again, I’ve been playing the game a while now, and I’ve unlocked maybe a single bat. Instead of equipment cards, I just get a bunch of uniform cards!!
- it should be possible to level up a player by playing with them a bunch instead of just waiting to get more of their cards. I think unlocking a legendary player would be cool, but unless you happen to get a bunch more of their cards (unlikely) they will always have mediocre stats. Players should level up from you playing well with them.
- having even a little control over which players/equipment you unlock would go a long way. It’s too random now. I could get two gold packs of cards and come away empty handed, and the odds of getting enough cards of one of the players I really want seem almost impossible, which makes me want to stop playing.
Fun game overall though! I kinda like the system of watching ads optionally to get more cards/coins.
I first started playing this game a few months ago and loved it. I enjoyed the perks of winning and increasing my presence. That faded quickly. Aside from the pitches getting harder as your ab goes on, which I am fine with…it’s the other crap that makes this an insufferable app. First, there have been many times I would have 5 or 6 hr lead only to see that my opponent has tied..and sometimes past me both in number of homers and distance. Second, the app will let your opponent somehow see more pitches despite the same elapsed time. I tested this out and purposely would swing and miss at pitches in order to generate the next possible quickest pitch…I literally went down two home runs while I had only received one pitch. My advice to anyone playing. This game is rigged…you aren’t playing “head to head” against another live person..think about it, really how many people are actually playing the exact moment you are that would allow head to head play. Sad because this app has potential. My advice to the developers of this..you make your money from ads…just don’t make it obvious that this game is soooo rigged. Then again, it’s an mlb app and as a lifelong baseball fan it doesn’t surprise me that just like everything else, mlb screw up something that could benefit the game.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Major League Baseball Advanced Media
- 526.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- ©/™ 2023 MLB. All rights reserved. Officially Licensed Product of MLB Players, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 25 MLBucks $1.99
- 200 MLBucks $9.99
- 500 MLBucks $19.99
- Fenway Park $4.99
- 1,000 MLBucks $35.99
- Citi Field $4.99
- 15,000 Coins $1.99
- Wrigley Field $4.99
- Yankee Stadium (08) $4.99
- Target Field $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.