Stay on top of today’s top stories on a variety of topics from politics and finance to celebrity news. Turn on alerts for breaking news, important emails, and weather updates to help you stay informed and connected. Plus, check your AOL Mail, send messages, and access all of your AOL and phone contacts directly from the app.
• Read or watch the latest news around politics, US and world news, sports, entertainment, finance, lifestyle, and weather
• Pulled from reliable sites including TechCrunch, HuffPost, Engadget, AOL Finance, and AOL Sports
• Never miss a story with breaking news push notifications
• Share articles and videos via Facebook, Twitter, and email
• Manage your AOL Mail from anywhere
• Access all of your AOL and phone contacts in a single location
• Quickly swipe to delete, move, mark, or flag emails
• Customize the left and right swipe gesture to assign specific actions you use the most
• Tap once to empty all trash and spam
• Enable Touch ID or Face ID for added security
• Check weather in your location with a single tap
• Hourly and daily forecasts
• Customized notifications
• Watch video clips & stream NFL games live on your phone
• Choose from a variety of topics including celebrity news, animals, and top stories
Do you have feedback on the app? Click here to let us know: https://aol.uservoice.com/forums/912865 We’d love to hear from you!
Please note: This app features Nielsen's proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen's TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information. You may also visit Settings in the app to opt-out of Nielsen measurement.
This latest release brings a fully updated design and tons of new features.
• Search & Compose: Find this at the top right of your inbox
• Account Info: Tap your Profile icon on the top left to add, manage, or switch between your email accounts.
• Mail folders: Find your folders by tapping the inbox icon located in the bottom navigation or by tapping your Profile icon in the top left
• Settings: To find your settings, tap your Profile icon on the top left and then tap on Settings & Privacy
• News and Videos: If you’re using the German or French version of the app, news and video content will be provided in English
• Conversation grouping: Organize your inbox by grouping messages by subject
• Touch ID or Face ID: You now have the option to secure your account with Touch ID or Face ID
• Themes: Choose your own app theme color
• Dark mode: Set your iPhone to light or dark mode and the AOL app will match those settings
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Inability to leave sign in feature on.
1. Within the last month I have experienced issues which occurred the last time I was hacked. Same font and same window. Now each time I sign in it automatically signs me out if I leave it on it switch to another app on my iPhone or iPad. This makes me believe that someone else is using my accounts. And my other account will not open either. I have attempted to contact aol but they only give assistance to paid members. I have been a member since the beginning and as a retiree from aol/TW have never been forced to pay.
2. I have too much mail and would like to select mail and mass delete as I could if I had a computer. But I no longer have one. When I inquired about a change in the app I was told it can’t be done and to use a computer. Sorry I can’t give a better review at this time because I love aol. But I no longer feel safe or able to get assistance. Possibly you as the developer can do something and notify aol members.
Cuts off first letter of address and won’t send
I read that this problem has been commented on a year ago and it’s still a problem. I have the newest edition of this app. AOL was working well with no problem when used in my mail app on my Apple products, but now I’ve been advised you won’t support my doing this anymore. I’m very disappointed and will begin the process of changing over to another mail service at great inconvenience after many years using AOL.
I received a response from your team which seems to be your standard response to many of your dissatisfied customers. I did as directed and the first letter still gets cut off an email address resulting in it not being sent. As I read other criticisms, this isn’t a new issue. Why can’t you fix the problem? I’m surprised your advertisers are continuing to use your company. They must not be reading the reviews. Too bad you no longer allow us to use the Apple all-inclusive email program. AOL worked well in there. I’ve been notifying those on my address list to use my gmail address instead of this one.
Read the complaints and fix the problems! Deleting, rebooting and reinstalling doesn’t work. And to suggest going off WiFi and on to a data plan is asinine. The problem is not with your consumers, it’s with your faulty product. Hire someone who knows how to fix it.
Developer Response ,
Hi Irish, I wanted to follow-up with you and apologize for any miscommunication. Our engineers would like to learn more about your inability to send emails within the AOL app and if possible more details on your experience with the email address being cut off. We are unable to replicate this experience, can you please share with us what device you are on and its operating system? Can you let me know if by any chance the email you are trying to send is saved in your "Draft" folder and if the email address is being cut off there as well?
Lastly, we want you to know that you can continue using your AOL account in the Apple mail client, however, you need to follow these steps to ensure your account remains secure: https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in
Several times a day this app stops sending functional push notifications and the following happens: Tri-tone starts going off, two of the tones play and the third gets clipped off and does not play and no notification shows up on the screen, the screen just turns on and then fades back to black. The only way I’m even sure it’s an email is because of what happens to the sound of the tri-tone alert when it plays. In case your not familiar with the name, tri-tone is the name of the default alert that Apple plays when you get a notification and you hear three quick tones. The only thing that makes it stop and go back to normal is a hard reset of the phone which takes care of it until the next day when it starts happening again. It is beyond irritating. Not to mention if you scroll too fast while reading an email the buttons at the bottom of the page disappear and do not reappear. This app seems more like a beta version than something that should have been allowed to pass through to the App Store.
Please make a dark mode version! Also, please make it so we can edit the names of our folders in the app, and it would be really nice if we could change the app alert tone if we wanted to...to anything we choose, not just “you’ve got mail”
Developer Response ,
We're always working hard to improve the app. Thanks for your download and feedback.
- AOL Inc.
- 284.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Greek
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Oath Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.