Stay on top of today’s top stories on a variety of topics from politics and finance to celebrity news. Turn on alerts for breaking news, important emails, and weather updates to help you stay informed and connected. Plus, check your AOL Mail, send messages, and access all of your AOL and phone contacts directly from the app.
• Read or watch the latest news around politics, US and world news, sports, entertainment, finance, lifestyle, and weather
• Pulled from reliable sites including TechCrunch, HuffPost, Engadget, AOL Finance, and AOL Sports
• Never miss a story with breaking news push notifications
• Share articles and videos via Facebook, Twitter, and email
• Manage your AOL Mail from anywhere
• Access all of your AOL and phone contacts in a single location
• Quickly swipe to delete, move, mark, or flag emails
• Customize the left and right swipe gesture to assign specific actions you use the most
• Tap once to empty all trash and spam
• Enable Touch ID or Face ID for added security
• Check weather in your location with a single tap
• Hourly and daily forecasts
• Customized notifications
• Watch video clips & stream NFL games live on your phone
• Choose from a variety of topics including celebrity news, animals, and top stories
Do you have feedback on the app? Click here to let us know: https://aol.uservoice.com/forums/912865 We’d love to hear from you!
Please note: This app features Nielsen's proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen's TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information. You may also visit Settings in the app to opt-out of Nielsen measurement.
This release of the AOL App for iOS includes the following:
• New Unread, Starred, and Attachment tabs for filtering your email
• A homescreen widget for your email
• Numerous bug fixes and enhancements
Thank you for your continued support and feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
After going through the list of steps you advised me to take, the app has been acting properly ever since doing so. I’m afraid to be saying anything because the fact that I have now, it may start all over again. I’m hoping it doesn’t. If it continues acting properly, I promise to come back to give a glowing review and 5 stars because it will be worth it if that is the case! Again, thank you for your help. It was very kind and appreciated.
After spending some time using the app after my last review, I have had a couple of occasions where it has performed improperly in the ways it had before. But now that I’m aware of the things I can do to stop that from happening, I am for the most part satisfied. Unfortunately though, because of the effort it still takes on my part to maintain proper functionality of the app, I cannot give it 5 stars yet. But I do hope one day it will reach a point where I can. Thank you for having an app that will deliver my mail to me right as it arrives! Also, thank you for having the courtesy to reply to my reviews with helpful suggestions. That’s something I rarely ever see, and appreciate it.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! We really appreciate it. -BR
Inability to leave sign in feature on.
1. Within the last month I have experienced issues which occurred the last time I was hacked. Same font and same window. Now each time I sign in it automatically signs me out if I leave it on it switch to another app on my iPhone or iPad. This makes me believe that someone else is using my accounts. And my other account will not open either. I have attempted to contact aol but they only give assistance to paid members. I have been a member since the beginning and as a retiree from aol/TW have never been forced to pay.
2. I have too much mail and would like to select mail and mass delete as I could if I had a computer. But I no longer have one. When I inquired about a change in the app I was told it can’t be done and to use a computer. Sorry I can’t give a better review at this time because I love aol. But I no longer feel safe or able to get assistance. Possibly you as the developer can do something and notify aol members.
Thank God AOL finally put together a decent app! The prior ones froze and their compatibility with iPhones was not great. All the bad reviews were issues I saw with the old version. Yes, the older apps were horrible. I finally had to delete it from my phone.
This new 6.0 version has been out for a week and it’s totally a different app. It’s incredibly better, more user friendly, and more logical compared to gmail! Thank you AOL. I started with AOL in 1993 , I’m still a paid subscriber to guarantee that I don’t lose emails (which has actually happened), and I run my business with AOL. I can’t get myself to succumb to google’s Gmail.
One final thing — your news feed needs to feed us THE NEWS— not the skewed opinion by whoever you’re hiring to write the news. Then it no longer is news- it’s your writers’ opinions. Not interested in their opinion. They’re journalists. Show both sides with respect, dignity, and neutrality. Just state the verified facts and don’t leave out details that skew the picture. Trust me, you’ll be more respected. Tell your writers to take lessons from Walter Cronkite— he was a legend.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AOL Inc.
- 261.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Oath Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.