Notifications around breaking news and important emails help you stay informed and connected. Stay on top of today’s top stories on a variety of topics from politics and finance to celebrity news. Plus, check your AOL Mail, send messages and access all of your AOL and phone contacts directly from the app.
• Read or watch the latest news around politics, US and world news, sports, entertainment, finance, lifestyle and weather
• Pulled from reliable sites including TechCrunch, HuffPost, Engadget, AOL Finance and AOL Sports
• Never miss a story with instant breaking news push notifications
• Share articles and videos via Facebook, Twitter and email
• Fast-loading email
• Manage your AOL Mail from anywhere
• Access all of your AOL and phone contacts in a single location
• Quickly swipe to delete, move, mark or flag emails
• Tap once to empty all trash and spam
• Check weather in your location with a single tap
• Hourly and daily forecasts
• Customized notifications
• Watch video clips & stream NFL games live on your phone
• Choose from a variety of topics including celebrity news, animals and top stories
Do you have feedback on the app? Click here to let us know: https://aol.uservoice.com/forums/912865 We’d love to hear from you!
Please note: This app features Nielsen's proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen's TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information. You may also visit Settings in the app to opt out of Nielsen measurement.
Fixed a bug when replying to or forwarding an email with a blank subject.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Emails don’t send out
I’ve been an AOL mail user for quite a long time, over 10 years! and I really love AOL. But when I try to write messages out and send them when using the app, my messages don’t send out and I receive a pop up message saying “Oops, this is embarrassing, something went wrong.” Then I’d have to send the whole message again or I have to type it up again which is annoying. I keep in touch with friends through my email and want to be sure my messages are sent but 90% of the time on my app it pops up that message. It works fine if I go on the website into my account on the computer but for some reason the app won’t cooperate all the time when using the app.
I figured I’d mention this to you because I feel it should be fixed so everyone has the chance to send emails through their phones without any problems. I’m not quite sure if anyone else has this issue but I know I’ve been having it since I’ve downloaded the app years ago.
Developer Response ,
Hi Kelly, thanks so much for the review! In order to resolve this issue, please try the troubleshooting solutions below: 1. Restart your mobile device 2. Uninstall and reinstall the app with the latest version 3. Lastly, switch the internet connection from WiFi to mobile data or vice-versa. Thank you!
Typical Failure of Something that worked for the user
When something works as well as AOL mail has for decades, it seems inevitable that it has to get changed, in this day and age, to make sure that if you are elderly, it won’t work easy any longer, and becomes virtually impossible to get it to work correctly with other programs. I did use it on my windows computer and my iPad. Now I am told that it won’t work any longer after Oct 20. Supposed instructions are given to make it continue operating with your present system, however, when u read the instructions it tells me that my older “windows live mail” will no longer work with the new system. So nothing on my older windows system computer will read AOL mail. They tell me that I can install an IOS app on my iPad and use that and I did try, however, while it works on its own, with plenty of junk commercials attached, I can no longer send attachments or articles from other programs, through AOL mail. Very few choices in using email, and I am too old and tired to try and learn any new system. Looks like I will have to rely on my one other email account and change the send to address from AOL to it. Good luck if you wish to use the “new” AOL email.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review, we will pass it along to our product team.-BR
Inability to leave sign in feature on.
1. Within the last month I have experienced issues which occurred the last time I was hacked. Same font and same window. Now each time I sign in it automatically signs me out if I leave it on it switch to another app on my iPhone or iPad. This makes me believe that someone else is using my accounts. And my other account will not open either. I have attempted to contact aol but they only give assistance to paid members. I have been a member since the beginning and as a retiree from aol/TW have never been forced to pay.
2. I have too much mail and would like to select mail and mass delete as I could if I had a computer. But I no longer have one. When I inquired about a change in the app I was told it can’t be done and to use a computer. Sorry I can’t give a better review at this time because I love aol. But I no longer feel safe or able to get assistance. Possibly you as the developer can do something and notify aol members.
- AOL Inc.
- 89.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Oath Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.