Notifications around breaking news and important emails help you stay informed and connected. Stay on top of today’s top stories on a variety of topics from politics and finance to celebrity news. Plus, check your AOL Mail, send messages and access all of your AOL and phone contacts directly from the app.
• Read or watch the latest news around politics, US and world news, sports, entertainment, finance, lifestyle and weather
• Pulled from reliable sites including TechCrunch, HuffPost, Engadget, AOL Finance and AOL Sports
• Never miss a story with instant breaking news push notifications
• Share articles and videos via Facebook, Twitter and email
• Fast-loading email
• Manage your AOL Mail from anywhere
• Access all of your AOL and phone contacts in a single location
• Quickly swipe to delete, move, mark or flag emails
• Tap once to empty all trash and spam
• Check weather in your location with a single tap
• Hourly and daily forecasts
• Customized notifications
• Watch video clips & stream NFL games live on your phone
• Choose from a variety of topics including celebrity news, animals and top stories
Do you have feedback on the app? Click here to let us know: https://aol.uservoice.com/forums/912865 We’d love to hear from you!
Please note: This app features Nielsen's proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen's TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information. You may also visit Settings in the app to opt out of Nielsen measurement.
Fixed a bug when replying to or forwarding an email with a blank subject.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Inability to leave sign in feature on.
1. Within the last month I have experienced issues which occurred the last time I was hacked. Same font and same window. Now each time I sign in it automatically signs me out if I leave it on it switch to another app on my iPhone or iPad. This makes me believe that someone else is using my accounts. And my other account will not open either. I have attempted to contact aol but they only give assistance to paid members. I have been a member since the beginning and as a retiree from aol/TW have never been forced to pay.
2. I have too much mail and would like to select mail and mass delete as I could if I had a computer. But I no longer have one. When I inquired about a change in the app I was told it can’t be done and to use a computer. Sorry I can’t give a better review at this time because I love aol. But I no longer feel safe or able to get assistance. Possibly you as the developer can do something and notify aol members.
Cuts off first letter of address and won’t send
I read that this problem has been commented on a year ago and it’s still a problem. I have the newest edition of this app. AOL was working well with no problem when used in my mail app on my Apple products, but now I’ve been advised you won’t support my doing this anymore. I’m very disappointed and will begin the process of changing over to another mail service at great inconvenience after many years using AOL.
I received a response from your team which seems to be your standard response to many of your dissatisfied customers. I did as directed and the first letter still gets cut off an email address resulting in it not being sent. As I read other criticisms, this isn’t a new issue. Why can’t you fix the problem? I’m surprised your advertisers are continuing to use your company. They must not be reading the reviews. Too bad you no longer allow us to use the Apple all-inclusive email program. AOL worked well in there. I’ve been notifying those on my address list to use my gmail address instead of this one.
Read the complaints and fix the problems! Deleting, rebooting and reinstalling doesn’t work. And to suggest going off WiFi and on to a data plan is asinine. The problem is not with your consumers, it’s with your faulty product. Hire someone who knows how to fix it.
Developer Response ,
Hi Irish, I wanted to follow-up with you and apologize for any miscommunication. Our engineers would like to learn more about your inability to send emails within the AOL app and if possible more details on your experience with the email address being cut off. We are unable to replicate this experience, can you please share with us what device you are on and its operating system? Can you let me know if by any chance the email you are trying to send is saved in your "Draft" folder and if the email address is being cut off there as well?
Lastly, we want you to know that you can continue using your AOL account in the Apple mail client, however, you need to follow these steps to ensure your account remains secure: https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in
Typical Failure of Something that worked for the user
When something works as well as AOL mail has for decades, it seems inevitable that it has to get changed, in this day and age, to make sure that if you are elderly, it won’t work easy any longer, and becomes virtually impossible to get it to work correctly with other programs. I did use it on my windows computer and my iPad. Now I am told that it won’t work any longer after Oct 20. Supposed instructions are given to make it continue operating with your present system, however, when u read the instructions it tells me that my older “windows live mail” will no longer work with the new system. So nothing on my older windows system computer will read AOL mail. They tell me that I can install an IOS app on my iPad and use that and I did try, however, while it works on its own, with plenty of junk commercials attached, I can no longer send attachments or articles from other programs, through AOL mail. Very few choices in using email, and I am too old and tired to try and learn any new system. Looks like I will have to rely on my one other email account and change the send to address from AOL to it. Good luck if you wish to use the “new” AOL email.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review, we will pass it along to our product team.-BR
- AOL Inc.
- 89.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Oath Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.