5miles opened a new channel called 5miles Dash. It is a new auction feature that allows you to bid on brand new items.
- Auctions last 90 seconds and bids start at $1.
- Only pay when you win.
- Items are shipped directly to your door.
- If user is unsatisfied with a product, we offer buyer protection so you can request a refund.
- Claim up $22 Coupon package towards your first purchase.
5miles is the highest rated local marketplace app, helping you buy and sell stuff in your area. 5miles is free, easy, and safe and has facilitated more than $1 BILLION in local sales, helping 10 million happy users put money back in their pockets and find great products at great rates.
“5miles is the first to integrate local services into an app of this kind” - CNBC
“The 5miles app is a great way to sell old items AND to buy new things at a fraction of the cost they would be retail.” - Alicia Reneeg, BuzzFeed
“It’s better than Craigslist and it’s better than OfferUp with its attention to informative detail.” Catherine, 5miles buyer
With 5miles you can also discover great classifieds in your area, find a place to live, hire local services, or get a new job - all from the comfort of your phone.
It’s FREE to list items for sale and FREE to discover local goods and services, all within 5 miles.
• Snap a photo and offer up your items in seconds
• Use GPS and zip code to find thousands of listings nearby
• Make an offer by sending an in app chat message
• Free to boost your post to send it to the top of the feed
• Easy registration via Facebook or email
• Share your listings via Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and Email
• Email, phone, and Facebook verifications
• Rate and read reviews of buyers and sellers
• Use our Safe Area Exchange Locator (SEAL) feature to find a secure meetup spot
• 5miles team constantly monitors listings and chats to keep fraud away
• 5miles doesn't share your information with anyone
• Don't want to meetup? Choose shipping for your exchange method
• Discover great stuff near and far by browsing photos
• Search and filter to find relevant listing
• Like items and follow sellers
• Make offers and get the best deals
• Chat to share more details, photos, and meeting spots
• Share listings to Facebook and Twitter to sell faster
Shop, make offers, and list items and services for free. It's like your own online garage sale without the hassle.
Find home cleaning, home repair, or home improvement professionals. Get help with chores or errands. Find a mover you can trust.
Looking for housing or a roommate? Find apartments, houses, and condos for rent or sale. Find a roommate to share your dream loft. Landlords, list your real estate in a snap!
Looking for work? Find jobs near you! Full-time, part-time, freelance jobs, or short gigs.
FREE for everyone.
Download now and discover great listings from the 5miles community. Are you ready to go shopping?
Want to find out more about us?
- Fix some bugs and crashes
Ratings and Reviews
Great market app !
Really and truly one of the greatest local market apps available . Can get good deals on everything from electronics to housewares . There is a feedback system so you can get an idea of who you are interacting . On a couple of my meet ups the other person mentioned that they were nervous about meeting up with cash to buy something. I’d recommend to those who are wary of meeting a “stranger” in public , pick a place like the DMV , a police station, or meet inside a store. Meet during daylight hours as opposed to nighttime, this way you could feel more secure about meeting up to trade . Don’t let the possible (if any) bad apples ruin the experience of using a market like this .
Quality of sellers has gone downhill
Used to love this app years ago and my experiences on it were largely positive but lately I have noticed a disturbing pattern: sellers are either putting up fake ads, don’t seem serious about selling or will leave conversations hanging in messages with no explanation or resolution. I see it happen on 5miles way more than I see on other apps. I use apps like offerup, Craigslist and Facebook marketplace and my experiences are much better at these other places. People on these other sites seem motivated to sell and will respond in a fairly timely manner and usually resolve the conversations whether it leads to a sale or not. I’m not sure why this trend of lazy, unmotivated or rude sellers on 5miles but it’s been happening way too much and so I wanted to share that on here. Not sure if 5miles can do anything about this disturbing trend but bottom line I think they should know how buyer experiences compare at other places. And no, I’m not low-balling sellers or being rude to them when I contact. It’s just a consistent pattern I have noticed these days that sellers on 5miles seem unmotivated and often leave conversations hanging way more than I have seen at other selling apps or websites.
I have had the app for a few years now and started running into an issue with posting. I wasn’t able to get past a certain point and kept giving me an error to where i couldn’t post any new items or even edit current posted items. I got so frustrated that i emailed their tech support to get the issue resolved. I emailed back and forth with now going on 4 people. At first they kept saying restart your phone and try reconnecting your internet and so forth which i thought was weird seeing as though my issue had nothing to do with any of those solutions. I then got an email from another department saying the reason for by denied purchase was due to not having enough “friends”. That’s when i knew they weren’t going to resolve the issue. Why is it so hard to fix a cliche on the app. I haven’t had this issue before so I’m not sure why it started now. It has made the app impossible to use which is very disappointing. I’ll be using other apps for my selling needs and keep this in mind when reaching out to a company like this. My issue is still currently unresolved.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Third Stone Holdings Limited
- 151.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © The Third Stone Holding Limited