The ambulance services founded officially in Dubai in the beginning of 1977, under various names for different departments, providing multiple services ranging between Dubai Police (Accident Coverage) and the Department of Health & Medical Services (Patients Transport), until these efforts unified through the issuance of the Local Act that incorporated these services and designated officially to a specialized government agency responsible for providing multiple ambulance services for Dubai community, under the name of the Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services. The following are summary of these tasks and services:
DCAS Main Tasks Official Statement:
Under The Act Law No. 15 for 2010 that was issued by His Highness The Ruler of Dubai, the agency name was altered to "Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services, to undertake the responsibility of providing ambulance services to the Dubai Emirate community, and as per the following tasks:
1. Prepares comprehensive strategic plans for ambulance services in the Emirate of Dubai, updating and implementing its requirements in coordination with the concerned parties.
2. Manages and operates Command & Control Center for the ambulance service in the Emirate of Dubai.
3. Provides efficient ambulance services inside/outside the Emirate.
4. Provides ambulance services for official events, sports, economical and social activities in the Emirate.
5. Provides transport services for patients to and from medical facilities operating within and outside the Emirate.
6. Proposes the legislations that contribute to improve the quality of ambulance services in the Emirate of Dubai in coordination with the concerned parties.
7. Grants no objection certificates to license private training institutes providing First Aid, BLS & ALS in the Emirate of Dubai, according to the approved rules, restrictions and standards.
8. Grants no objection certificates to license private ambulance vehicles in the Emirate of Dubai, according to the approved rules, restrictions and standards.
9. Sets occupational developments criteria for ambulance services individuals.
-DCAS have a fleet of 177 ambulance vehicles of various types, including Type: A - B - C, and a number of 4 x 4 vehicles and Golf units, augmented by 3 mass casualty busses, among is considered to be the largest in the world.
-DCAS ambulance ground stations reached to 68 stations distributed geographically within the Emirate of Dubai.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.