“iA Writer creates a clean, simple and distraction-free writing environment for when you really need to focus on your words.” ***** The New York Times
“iA Writer is an example of how powerful simplicity and accessibility can be.” ***** The Guardian
“iA Writer is all about textual production—writing this phrase, this sentence, this word at this moment.” ***** WIRED
4 x Best of App Store Winner
# The Simple Writing App
iA Writer removes distractions. Giving you a calm, focused, writing space, so you can express yourself clearly.
Focus Mode dims everything but the current sentence or paragraph, helping you stay in the flow.
Don’t worry about the format. First, write in plain text. Then preview in HTML.
Search, sort, and quickly swap between documents from different clouds.
When you tap and hold a key in the command keyboard, you’re given the chance to choose your own layout. Rearrange your keys, or pick new ones from the extensive list.
You can open documents and launch frequent actions in no time with the new Quick Search. It lives in the keyboard so it’s always close at hand.
iA Writer includes an inverted light-on-dark-mode, perfect for working day and night.
Spot superfluous adjectives, weak verbs, repetitive nouns, false conjunctions and clean your text of the usual rumble.
Customize your templates and export to WordPress or Medium, HTML, Microsoft Word (.docx), or PDF.
# 100% Text
Embed links, pictures, tables and text files in plain text and see them in preview.
# Get in Touch
- Visit ia.net/writer for more information
- Visit ia.net/writer/support for support and feedback
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
This update fixes a few small bugs. It includes all the great features in iA Writer 5.4:
# Export Improvements
- Share, export, publish, print, and copy directly from context menu in Library
- Added Copy Markdown action (includes Content Blocks)
- Share any file to other apps
- Word export keeps headings on the same page as the following paragraph
- Quickly copy all text from action button in Editor and Preview
# Backups For All Files
- All files are backed up locally when edited to make sure your work is safe when cloud services fail
- Access backups via context menus of text files and Library Locations, action button in Editor, and from Quick Search
# Hashtag Suggestions in Custom Keyboard
- When cursor is on a space, shows the last 3 accepted hashtags
- When cursor is on a letter or a word, shows suggestions to convert it to an existing or a new hashtag
# Other Improvements
- Fixed an issue where Word documents imported via open-in-place were deleted
- Fixed an issue where bullet lists were imported from Word as ordered lists
- Fixed an issue where indentation settings could be ignored
- Excluded node_modules from indexing
- Fixed an issue where some Smart Folders with multiple search rules did not work
- Improved internal link detection for automatic heading identifiers
- Fixed an issue bullet lists were imported from Word as ordered lists
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
When we want to hunker down and type without distraction, one of our favourite resources is iA Writer. Substantially updated since its initial release, this writing app offers a customisable keyboard, selective text highlighting, iCloud sync and many other features we’ve come to depend on. Plus, a streamlined interface lets you simply swipe left to preview a document and swipe right to access your library. The entire experience is designed to be quick and easy so you can focus on your work.
Add force sync button
Syncing is really bad. I dont understand when my mac syncs with the phone. Most of the time it doesnt. Can you please add a force sync button and show something like last synchronized date.
Dont be like apple that tries to do magic syncing but doesnt work.
Developer Response ,
iCloud sync is handled entirely by the operating system. In essence, we provide the OS with some files in a folder and when it decides to sync it does so. We don't have the ability to force it, so can't code a button to do that action. (Well we could, but it would be a placebo) That said, sync should occur quickly. If you see delays, please restart your devices to give the iCloud daemon a kick and you should see sync time improve.
Objective? Not really. Bothered by negligence? Absolutely.
They ask for reviews after every update. They expect us to rave, give feed back and be objective.
Years in development, but still no support for Arabic language. When will they support us? Probably never. It's a patter with this company.
- Information Architects GmbH
- 53.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010–2020 Information Architects GmbH
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.