ibis Paint X is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 50 million times in total as a series, over 2500 materials, over 1000 fonts, which provides 325 brushes, 63 filters, 46 screentones, 27 blending modes, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibis Paint are uploaded to our Youtube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibis Paint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- 325 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
*Differences between ibis Paint and ibis Paint X
ibis Paint X shows advertisements.
If you purchase the In-App upgrade, the ads will disappear and there will no longer be any difference with ibis Paint.
We provide you with two ways of purchasing ibis Paint: “Remove Ads Add-on” (one off payment) and “Prime Membership” (monthly payment). When you become a prime member, advertisements will remove. So, if you become a prime member, it will be cheaper not to purchase the “Remove Ads Add-on”.
If you have already purchased the “Remove Ads Add-on”, even if you cancel the “Prime Membership”, advertisements will remain removed.
The more people become prime members, the faster we can develop our application. We would like to create more functions, so please consider becoming a prime member.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Prime Materials
- Prime Fonts
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- Reordering artworks in My Gallery
- No advertisements in screens except the Online Gallery
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
[Remove Ads Add-on]
Unlike ibis Paint (paid version), advertisements are displayed on ibis Paint X (free version). If you buy this Add-On (one off payment), advertisements will remove.
Even if you become a prime member, advertisements will remove. So, if you become a prime member, it will be cheaper not to purchase the “Remove Ads Add-on”.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
Thank you for using ibis Paint X!
The summary of this update is as follows.
- Now you can select multiple artworks and delete them at once in My Gallery/Collection screen.
- New filters (Pixelate Crystalize, Pointillize, Dots (Hexagonal) and Dots (Square)) added to "Pixelate" category.
- New 8 brushes (Rough Layout Pen (Blurring), Fashionable Pen, Stylish Pen, Stylish Brush, Frizzily Pen, Scribble Brush, Scribble Pen and Glitter Pen) and similar ones (except for Glitter Pen) for Eraser/Smudge/Blur tools.
- The User Interfaces (knobs) for Bezier Curve/Polyline Drawing tool are now locked when Array/Perspective Array Ruler is on the canvas and under being edited. It enables you to edit these rulers more easily.
- Changed the minimum value of "Max Thickness" to 3px when "Brush Thickness Depends on Canvas" switch in the Settings window is ON. When "Brush Thickness Depends on Canvas" switch is OFF, "Max Thickness" can be lowered by 1% while it does not become smaller than 3px.
- New 5 brushes (Prism Ring, Prism Piece, Prism Flash, Japanese Calligraphy (Blurring) and Japanese Calligraphy).
- New 2 brush parameters ("Jitter Thickness per Particle" and "Jitter Position Restricted Vertically").
- New brush pattern (Prism).
- Changed the number of columns of artworks in My Galley/Collection screen to avoid thumbnails become too large.
- Now imported artworks are sorted with respect to creation date and title.
- Inserted a line break to messages shown in empty My Gallery/Collection screen.
- Improved the quality of the result of the Bevel filter.
- Now properties of Fill/Magic Wand tools are reset each time when you enter the Canvas screen. If you want to preserve these properties, please turn on the "Save Bucket Settings" switch in the Settings window.
- Replaced the "Easy Settings" button to "Reset" button (and modified layout of these buttons) in the Fill/Magic Wand properties window.
- Changed the quality of jpeg file created when you save your artwork as jpeg to 99%.
- Added an error alert to report that the automatic import process (which is invoked when the app found an unregistered artwork file in storage) failed.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a bug where the result of "Restore Artwork by Playback" or playback with "View fix" is sometimes wrong for an artwork in which the Polyline Drawing tool is used.
- Fixed a bug where the brush thickness is modified when you turn ON and OFF the "Brush Thickness Depends on Canvas" switch in the Settings window for some brushes (such that "Anti-aliasing" is ON, the thickness is less than 20px and not an integer).
- Fixed a bug where the "Max Thickness" is modified to a too small value when you turn ON the "Brush Thickness Depends on Canvas" switch in the Settings window.
- Fixed a bug the playback result sometimes becomes wrong for an artwork in which you draw outside of the canvas with some brushes with "Separate Each Stroke" ON (such as "Outline" brushes) and switch to another tool immediately.
- Fixed a bug where if you close the app immediately after you change the "Brush Thickness Depends on Canvas" switch in the Settings window then the value of the switch is not saved.
- Fixed a bug where the background of the preview above the Eraser, Smudge, or Blur brushes lists is a dark checkered pattern when the current color is light.
- Fixed a bug where the multi-touch gesture to go back to the previous screen is unintentionally invoked when you touch the screen with two fingers.
- Fixed a bug where an error which says "The file meta_info.ipinfo.tmp does not exist" sometimes occurs when you end the edit of an artwork if the "Save Selection Area" switch in the Settings window is OFF.
- Fixed a bug where an error message shown when the automatic restoration process of an artwork (which is invoked when you close the app while editing an artwork) failed due to lack of storage or memory is wrong.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app is amazing! It helps to do so much, even for real pictures. For animating and more! There's no suggestions in this comment, because it can also help with videos. This was made well done! The brushes are one of the best features(of course). I'm just having a little trouble with the selecting feature on the new update, that's alright!
Thank you so much for making this app, it helps alot. Your features are amazinggg!
Such an awesome application for drawing!!
It’s an amazing app if you want to draw digitally! Professional and easy!
I use this application to make drawings on my social media and it turns out amazing since I’m using the stabilizer tool to make the outline smooth. (I practice my style, which is related to anime in a way.) It’s nice to see other people’s artwork before starting to draw so you can get inspired! I highly recommend this app to people who wanna try digital art!
With time I started getting more attached to this app.
It helped me develop my love for editing and sketching!
I do have some suggestions:
-Make the tools last longer if you had them for free (lawns to get the tools for free : if you watched an add to get them)
- A guide for new people (since there is so many layers and they do many different things for example: multiply and add . I had to watch some videos to finally understand it. Those layers are amazing so if new people had interest in shading it would help a lot!)
Other wise it’s an amazing app !
I was a level 0 maybe a 2 and now I’m like a level 8 I’m still trying to improve daily.
Thank you for creating such a wonderful app for developing our artistic dreams!😂💜
- ibis inc.
- 91.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © ibis inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Remove-Ads Add-on AED29.99
- Prime Membership AED11.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.