Application to mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad to any Sony Smart TV. No wires and no additional hardware needed! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Sony TV.
This works on any Sony Smart TV from the 2012 models onward.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Sony TV. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Sony TV app. It will start looking for your Sony TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, depending on your model Sony TV, the TV might ask you to "allow" the connection. In that case, take your TV Remote Control and press OK to allow the connection from your TV to your iPhone or iPad.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Sony TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
- When screen mirroring from Safari, there is no audio. We advice to use the Dolphin Mobile Browser (free) instead of Safari.
- Sometimes audio from other apps is not playing. In this case, start a screen mirroring session, then open the app you want to mirror. If there is no sound, just close the app you are mirroring and re-open it in the same mirroring session.
Some apps don't allow screen mirroring. For instance Netflix: when you start screen mirroring when running the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad, the TV screen will turn black. This is a choice that Netflix made, there is nothing that we can do about that.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Improvements in audio quality
Ratings and Reviews
Not a good app. Doesn’t work at all . Doesn’t sync
Developer Response ,
Hi Fasif, thanks for taking the time to write a review about our Mirror for Sony TV app. First of all, when you are unsatisfied with a purchase on the App Store, you can always get a refund from Apple. This is how that works: http://bit.ly/mac-refund
Can you contact us on email@example.com to explain in what way the app is not working for you? We are very keen to provide a perfect experience for all of our users and if there is something unclear in how the app works, we are here to help you. Please contact us, either via e-mail, Facebook Messenger or through the “send diagnostics information” option in the app. Our support staff is available 24/7 to help you.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.