Great for hikers, sailors, pilots, astronomers, ham radio operators, or anyone that needs more information than a basic weather app.
● Astronomical, Nautical, and Civil sunlight times.
● Maidenhead coordinates for ham radio operators.
● what3words address system.
● Pressure, Density Altitudes, and Ceiling information.
● Maps view of the nearest weather station and its data including the METAR.
● Day and night user selectable font colors. Makes a great night stand clock!
● Barometric pressure indicator.
● Julian date options (JD, JDN, MJD, RJD).
● Course and Speed is displayed on devices that support it.
● Background sky condition photographs change to closely approximate the actual sky conditions in your vicinity.
● Current weather station information for your location including “Feels Like” temperature, the Wind Chill or Heat Index based upon the temperature, wind, and humidity. A fine resolution of the current weather conditions is displayed including wind gusts, wind variability, and visibilities as low as “<50” feet in some cases.
● Copyable current location coordinates so that they may be pasted into other apps.
● Many preference settings allow you to customize the format of the display including the metric system, 24-hour time, Degrees-Minutes-Seconds, Degrees-Minutes.M, WGS 84, Maidenhead, or what3words coordinate systems, Fahrenheit, Celsius, or both, tenths of degrees, aviation weather formats, disable auto-lock (prevents the screen from sleeping), and more.
● Languages: English. Some translations for German, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish.
** DISCLAIMER **
High density altitude adversely impacts aircraft performance. Data from this app should not be the sole source of this information.
DO NOT USE FOR FLIGHT PLANNING PURPOSES.
• Added the ability in Weather Report settings to select a Preferred Weather Station (airport) from which to get weather reports.
The preferred airport will be used as long as it's within 60 miles of your location and is currently reporting weather.
Otherwise, the nearest airport reporting weather will be used as before.
A preferred weather station will have a star next to in in the map view.
• Other bug fixes and improvements.
- Split Rail, Inc.
- 12.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, German, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2008 - 2019 Split Rail, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.