With PocketGrib you can download, view and analyse global weather data while on the go.
Wind, precipitation, pressure, temperature, wave and other data extracted from GRIB files are displayed through our powerful GRIB viewer interface.
Perfect for sailors (both sailing and in the pub), windsurfers, storm chasers, outdoor enthusiasts, amateur and professional meteorologists.
- Choose your map location and have weather information overlaid
- Animation of weather maps
- Weather can be viewed as a meteogram (graph) or raw data
- Configurable download to minimise file sizes (great for roaming)
- GRIB files can be downloaded to your PC via iTunes
- Displays online and offline
- Support for 3rd party GRIB files
PocketGrib downloads and displays the following weather types:
- Wind speed and direction (10 m above ground/sea)
- Precipitation (rain, snow etc)
- Air temperature
- Waves (including Mediterranean and Black Sea)
- Cloud cover
- Relative humidity
- CAPE (Convective Atmospheric Potential Energy)
- Current (Atlantic only)
- 500mb Height
Direct download of GRIB data from NOAA's GFS (Global Forecast System) model
- Forecasts up to 8 days
- Data steps: 3hr, 6hr, 12hr
- Worldwide coverage
- Resolution: 0.25°, 0.5°, 1°, 2°
- Data updated 4 times a day (every 6 hours)
Also support for COAMPS (0.2° resolution), WW3, NOGAPS, RTOFS (Currents) and FNMOC WW3 (Mediterranean wave) models.
GRIB forecasts are published without human intervention or review. As such, the end user requires some knowledge and awareness. Most GRIB models do NOT accurately forecast hurricanes and tropical cyclones so their use should be combined with specific hurricane and tropical cyclone forecasts.
-Additional GRIBs available in the Catalog
-Wind gusts now shown in the Data screen
Ratings and Reviews
Always use this before we take the boat put! Great application.
- Nicholas Brennan
- 38.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2010-18 Nicholas Brennnan
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.