Learn about Zen, Buddhism, Tao and the samurai spirit, from fundamental works of Eastern wisdom: Art of War, The Tao Teh King, Book of Five Rings, Gateless Gate, Confucian Analects and more rare masterpieces in a unique reader with a text-to-speech voice option.
SALE: $0.99 instead of $2.99 for a LIMITED time
"One of the best eastern philosophy compilations for iPhone/iPad by far. Such a great collection that could cost a lot of money but doesn't. If you are thinking about getting this then do it "
"Excellent beginning for understanding the culture."
"The best translations and most beautiful texts."
"A real gem for lovers of the Asian spiritual traditions!"
* "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu - the most famous strategy and military work in history
* "Book of Five Rings" by samurai warrior Miyamoto Musashi - a legendary classic on strategy and sword fighting written in the 17th century
* "The Tao Teh King" - or the Tao and Its Characteristics by Lao-Tse - fundamental to the Taoist school of Chinese philosophy, written cca 6th century BC
* "Confucian Analects" - a collection of sayings written down by Confucius' students in the period approximately seventy years after his death (ca. 479 BCE - 221 BCE), the representative work of Confucianism which continues to have a tremendous influence on East Asian thought and values
* "Zen for Americans" - Soyen Shaku - a book of essays by a zen buddhist who visited the United States at the beginning of 20th century, instructing the western reader to the basic concepts, principles and theories of Zen Buddhism.
* "Gateless Gate" - a fundamental Zen Buddhism work by the Chinese Zen master Wumen Hui-k'ai (Japanese: Mumon Ekai), published in 1228 and including 48 fundamental Chan(Zen) koans.
* "The Book of Tea" - Kakuzo Okakura (1906) - The aesthetics of the Japanese Tea Ceremony, and its connection to the Japanese world-view as a whole. An exotic and instructive work discussing Asian philosophies in the context of the famous Tea Ceremony.
* "Bushido - the Soul of Japan" by Inazo Nitobe
* "Manual of Zen Buddhism" by Daisetz Teitaro Suzuki
* "The Gospel of Buddha" by Paul Carus
* Improved user interface
* Improved stability and compatibility with new iOS devices and versions
* Free text-to-speech voice option that turns the books into AUDIOBOOKS
The developer, TEDRA SOFT SRL, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- TEDRA SOFT SRL
- 28.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2017 Cognitive Bits
- USD 0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.