About The Game
Alleys is a 3D narrative escape game made for players of all skill levels. With its stunning 3D visuals, Alleys simplifies many of the complicated elements found in escape room puzzle games. As a player, you can choose to collect resources and clues, solve the mysteries of the old town and escape. Or you can go at your own pace and hunt for hidden objects. You can even freely explore the town for hard to find entrances that will lead you to secret passageways and areas.
Welcome to Alleys! This escape adventure takes place within a theme park based on a mysterious old town. Fully immerse yourself in the quaint alleyways, dozens of corridors, buildings and underground passageways inside Alleys.
As a vistor to Alleys, you enter a town that has been ravaged for years by an unknown culprit. Once a prosperous community full of progress and hope, mysterious disappearances, sudden change of fortunes and even murder have befallen this mining town. Luckily, there are those fighting to uncover the truth behind all these events. You have a vital role to play in helping these people restore the town to its former glory.
The players must find the way through alleys, buildings, and underground passageways.
2. Check in to Proceed
Accumulate points by activating the check-in stations found throughout Alleys. Collect enough number of points to access new areas of the town.
3. Freely Choose Your Route
Alleys is a non-linear escape puzzle game with no predetermined route. You are free to explore and can escape the game as long as the conditions required to exit the town are fulfilled.
4. Collect Resources
Player decides how to use the keys and other resources collected in the game. Managing these resources will impact the difficulty of the game.
5. Solve Riddles on Tool Cards
Every Tool Card is its own little riddle. Figure out the meaning of the illustration to find out what the card can be used for.
6. Simple Controls
No need for virtual controllers—just swipe and tap to easily move around and interact with items.
*NOTE*minimum requirement: iPhone 6S, iPad 2017, iPad mini 4, iPad pro 1st, iPod touch 7
- Fixed several bugs
- Improvements to game performance
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Two bugs with the current version (as of 3/14)
I like the new additions, however there are two bugs, one which is merely annoying and one which might be game breaking. Don’t know how to contact for bug reports, so....
1. If you’ve gotten achievements already (it auto gives you achievements if you’ve already played and got the update, which was the case for me, haven’t checked if it happens with a fresh install) and you get an achievement with a new run, the achievement notification repeatedly comes up. Only workaround I found is to uninstall and reinstall.
2. In the second staff room, if you open the toolbox, it says you got a tool card, but no card actually appears and the game freezes up. Got around it by rebooting iPad, but no new tool card showed up when I loaded the app back up.
This is shaping up to be one of my favorite games of the year. A large and complex map, easy controls, great attention to detail. Classically rogue like, with the feel of the “Room” games, mixed with Zork. Gameplay relies on cards to take actions as you move through a maze of alleys and rooms and sewers and turrets, along with keys to spend on opening things. The developers clearly have a love for detail, and the graphics were wonderful, a little retro but still very sharp and clear. This game is for people who like to make maps, explore, look for minutia, and take their time solving games. No hurrying here. I saw that other people had some problems, but they must have been fixed, or the problems must have been due to impatience, as it played beautifully for me.
A few comments for the developers:
1. The map provided is pretty useless, as it doesn’t show you where you are. It needs work to be a helpful tool. It might be best to make it a map that adds as you discover things.
2. I wish there was a feature to go back to where you were before you win the game. I won unexpectedly, when there was still a lot for me to do, but apparently I have to start all over, which is a bummer. I mean, I had TONS of stuff left to do. Maybe it shouldn’t be possible to win without achieving every major task? At least let us undo and go back to the game if we win prematurely.
Loved the game. A lot.
A simply outstanding game!
This game is special! If you love escape games, play this one. The first time I heard of it I didn’t think I would like it. I was so wrong. It’s one of the best games I’ve played. It’s a huge game with a world you can get immersed in. The graphics are detailed and beautiful, the music is perfect - it’s there but not intrusive, the 3D controls work well, and there is so much to see and discover and explore and find. I didn’t want to leave. There are some things I would tweak - the map could be more useful - I’d love to see a ‘you are here’ like some others have said, and I think there are places that aren’t on the map? I’d also love to have a hint function that could somehow tell you where you need to look when you’re stuck. It took a little getting used to since it has its own kind of puzzles and inventory, but once I did I was happy, and deliberately didn’t exit as soon as I could because I wanted to get every last experience possible from this town. To the developer: amazing first game!! Congratulations! I do hope you’ll update to add more places (personally I’d pay for an update. $2.99 is cheap for what you get). And I hope you’ll make more games! Well done!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- THEMEr Design LLC.
- 899.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Shih-Chi Shen
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.