WBAL NewsRadio 1090 is Maryland's dominant and most powerful radio station. Since 1925, generations of Marylanders have turned to WBAL Radio for news, weather, traffic, thought-provoking discussions and sports. WBAL is the flagship station for the Baltimore Ravens.
Use the WBAL App to stream the station and get award winning news content covering all of Maryland and the biggest National and International news stories.
With the WBAL App, you can also:
- Receive notifications on breaking news happening in Maryland
- Get the latest local news headlines and the latest station programming news.
- Get a real time look at traffic and the latest weather forecast for all of Maryland.
- Set an alarm to wake up to 1090 AM WBAL with our new Alarm Clock feature.
- Text your comments directly to our talk show hosts using our Text to Studio feature
- Take pictures and video and send them to the station for use on our website.
- Connect to WBAL Radio through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Loved it until it started crashing
A great app that I use to listen to my favorite WBAL Radio programming. That is until it started crashing after the iOS 10.3 update. Now it starts up and hangs. Can't even shut it down. When it's fixed it will be great again...
Sorely missing CarPlay
The WBAL app is one of the mainstays of streaming local radio. It’s been around for years, and has gone through a couple of complete overhauls in that time. Unfortunately, those overhauls have bern mostly cosmetic and maintenance in nature, and little has been added as far as post-2010 features short of adaptations for changing screen sizes and most recently, push notifications.
Sorely missing is CarPlay integration. How can an app from a station with the pedigree of WBAL go so long blatantly missing such a feature? The app developer, who has published apps for other stations, has integrated this feature (and others) into the other stations’ apps, yet WBAL’s iteration has gone without for years. I can only surmise that the reason is that WBAL has opted to not fund such an enhancement, which I credit has a huge oversight and crippling decision against the app’s potential.
Here’s hoping things change for the better and folks aren’t reading this review 3 years from now without seeing CarPlay and other enhancements to this deserving app.
Streaming cuts out while driving. Presumably when the phone moves from cell to cell.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.