5miles opened a new channel called 5miles Dash. It is a new auction feature that allows you to bid on brand new items.
- Auctions last 90 seconds and bids start at $1.
- Only pay when you win.
- Items are shipped directly to your door.
- If user is unsatisfied with a product, we offer buyer protection so you can request a refund.
- Claim up $22 Coupon package towards your first purchase.
5miles is the highest rated local marketplace app, helping you buy and sell stuff in your area. 5miles is free, easy, and safe and has facilitated more than $1 BILLION in local sales, helping 10 million happy users put money back in their pockets and find great products at great rates.
“5miles is the first to integrate local services into an app of this kind” - CNBC
“The 5miles app is a great way to sell old items AND to buy new things at a fraction of the cost they would be retail.” - Alicia Reneeg, BuzzFeed
“It’s better than Craigslist and it’s better than OfferUp with its attention to informative detail.” Catherine, 5miles buyer
With 5miles you can also discover great classifieds in your area, find a place to live, hire local services, or get a new job - all from the comfort of your phone.
It’s FREE to list items for sale and FREE to discover local goods and services, all within 5 miles.
• Snap a photo and offer up your items in seconds
• Use GPS and zip code to find thousands of listings nearby
• Make an offer by sending an in app chat message
• Free to boost your post to send it to the top of the feed
• Easy registration via Facebook or email
• Share your listings via Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and Email
• Email, phone, and Facebook verifications
• Rate and read reviews of buyers and sellers
• Use our Safe Area Exchange Locator (SEAL) feature to find a secure meetup spot
• 5miles team constantly monitors listings and chats to keep fraud away
• 5miles doesn't share your information with anyone
• Don't want to meetup? Choose shipping for your exchange method
• Discover great stuff near and far by browsing photos
• Search and filter to find relevant listing
• Like items and follow sellers
• Make offers and get the best deals
• Chat to share more details, photos, and meeting spots
• Share listings to Facebook and Twitter to sell faster
Shop, make offers, and list items and services for free. It's like your own online garage sale without the hassle.
Find home cleaning, home repair, or home improvement professionals. Get help with chores or errands. Find a mover you can trust.
Looking for housing or a roommate? Find apartments, houses, and condos for rent or sale. Find a roommate to share your dream loft. Landlords, list your real estate in a snap!
Looking for work? Find jobs near you! Full-time, part-time, freelance jobs, or short gigs.
FREE for everyone.
Download now and discover great listings from the 5miles community. Are you ready to go shopping?
Want to find out more about us?
- Fix some bugs and crashes
Ratings and Reviews
Great market app !
Really and truly one of the greatest local market apps available . Can get good deals on everything from electronics to housewares . There is a feedback system so you can get an idea of who you are interacting . On a couple of my meet ups the other person mentioned that they were nervous about meeting up with cash to buy something. I’d recommend to those who are wary of meeting a “stranger” in public , pick a place like the DMV , a police station, or meet inside a store. Meet during daylight hours as opposed to nighttime, this way you could feel more secure about meeting up to trade . Don’t let the possible (if any) bad apples ruin the experience of using a market like this .
OFFER UP IS A BETTER APP
I’ve had this app since 2016 and it USED to be a great app but for some reason lately I can’t post a single item without getting a notification almost immediately from 5miles saying my post was taken down because “it’s a duplicate post”. Before 5miles even responds with some MEANINGLESS APOLOGY or a STUPID SUGGESTION of theirs my post was NOT a duplicate post. All my items are different and I take time to take pictures and post them. People (that act like children) selling the same thing I do flag my posts because I sell my stuff cheaper and 5miles doesn’t even bother looking at it before removing it. It’s frustrating and I don’t need a USELESS LINK from the “5miles developer” to some email y'all will never reply to. If you’re going to delete my “duplicate post” delete everyone else selling the same thing I do without picking and choosing just mine it’s frustrating. I haven’t used the app for about 6 months for this same reason and don’t plan on using it any longer. I’ve had the same issues with OFFER UP because there’s childish people there too but when I email them they resolve the issue quickly and ban those accounts flagging competitors but when I tried to dispute the issue with 5miles they simply went ahead and removed most of my posts and said they were all “duplicate”. I WOULDN'T WASTE ANY TIME DOWNLOADING THIS APP WHEN OFFER UP IS A WAY BETTER OPTION THEIR TEAM ACTUALLY PAYS ATTENTION TO YOUR ISSUES.
Developer Response ,
Apologies for any difficulties you experienced with it.
Could you please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we really want to help you out on it.
App Run By Idiots
I have used 5miles since it first came out, and at the time it was a great concept. The name said it all… Shop and sell quickly within a 5 mile radius of where you live. But then for some reason they caved in to pressure from lazy users and expanded their search area to a wide region, and all of a sudden sellers had people contacting them from two hours away to buy a $10 blender. None of these transactions ever worked out obviously. It used to be you could bump your items every four hours also, but over time this got changed to once a day, and then it changed again to some ridiculous “coin“ system where you have to spend time on the app earning coins to bump your items. Sellers became very frustrated with 5miles. A worse problem is that over the last few years people have been allowed to troll the sellers and then give them a negative rating without having done any business together. I can’t tell you how many negative reviews I have had to have removed because of trolls. I have dozens of positive reviews and very satisfied customers, and yet because of trolls lodging slanderous false complaints against me, I have had my account suspended. Their support people don’t even respond to me anymore when I send them screenshots. A useful sales tool has become absolutely worthless, and it’s because it is run by morons.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- The Third Stone Holdings Limited
- 145.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © The Third Stone Holding Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.