Experience Version 2 of the iPad App of the Year, now with tons of new features!
** Launch offer: buy now and save 40% **
**Try for free for 30 days, no sign-up required**
Available to purchase in-app for a one-off cost – no subscription.
The next generation of the iPad App of the Year, Affinity Photo 2 for iPad is a genuine desktop-grade, professional photo editing app. Wielding tons of incredible new features, hundreds of enhancements, and a completely redesigned UI, it has everything you need to edit and retouch images, create multi-layered compositions, beautiful raster paintings and so much more, wherever you are.
OPTIMIZED FOR IPAD
• Fully redeveloped UI, tool, and button icons for a more familiar, touch-focused experience
• Fully integrated and optimized iPad gesture controls to speed up your workflow
• iOS16 ready, including optimization for virtual memory swap, dramatically increasing performance on large documents.
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt and angle, the app harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil
• Command controller hosting on-screen modifiers
• Quick Menu for context-sensitive access to commands
• Full iCloud drive integration allows for seamless file management, storage, and sharing
• External display support with separate configuration options
POWERFUL NEW TOOLS & FUNCTIONALITY
• Non-destructive RAW development of linked/embedded RAW images
• Non-destructive Live Mesh Warp filter
• Luminosity, hue range and band pass live masks
• Compound masks
• Multiple shadow, outline and overlay layer effects per object
• Normals adjustment for editing normal maps from material and texturing workflows
• JPEG XL file import and export
PERFORMANCE & POWER
• Massive image support (100+ Megapixels)
• Pan and zoom at maximum refresh rate
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale and LAB color spaces
• Full 16-bit and linear unbounded 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, JPEG XL, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Savable history with alternate futures
• Customizable shortcuts with attached keyboard or new quick menu
• Isolate, edit, and duplicate spare channels with a simple touch
• Link layers to edit simultaneously
PROFESSIONAL IMAGE PROCESSING
• Open RAW and in a dedicated 16-bit development workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and noise reduction
• Paint areas or use fully customizable gradients to mask adjustments
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone Mapping for advanced image processing
QUALITY RETOUCHING & CORRECTION TOOLS
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish, red eye and advanced inpainting for retouching
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch, and turbulence
ADVANCED BRUSH ENGINE
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures, and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
FAST, CUSTOMIZABLE EFFECTS
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting, and many more
• Swipeable split or mirrored screen always available for before and after views
• Choose to apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers, enabling you to erase away or mask effects after they’ve been applied
• Path text capabilities
• Path text capabilities
• Refined and redesigned UI
• Non-destructive RAW develop – develop RAW files non-destructively and choose to embed into a document file or link externally
• Live masks – build useful, non-destructive workflows by masking layers with parametric controls such as Hue Range (colors), Luminosity (intensity), and Band-Pass (frequency)
• Live Mesh Warp – apply a non-destructive warp to distort an image or file to match the surface of an underlying template, and go back to edit whenever you like
• Compound masks – easily combine multiple mask layers together non-destructively using add, intersect, subtract and XOR operations
• Brush engine improvements
• Normals Adjustment – adjust lighting information baked into existing normal maps
• Content link – all major content types, including assets, brushes, swatches, and styles can now be linked across all the apps you own on one device
• Multiple layer effects – add multiple shadow, outline, and overlay layer effects per layer
• Show pixel grid for improved editing accuracy
• JPEG XL import/export
• Force scale everything
• Quick Menu – gain instant access to clipboard options and nine customizable shortcut operations with a simple three-finger swipe
• Command Controller – this new radial menu gives quick access to common modifiers in all tools
• Compact mode – new mode available for the Layers Panel allows you to keep the panel open while maximizing document real estate
• All-new context bar for all tools, making many more options easily accessible
• New sliders for attributes like brush width and opacity, stroke width, filter effect settings and more
• Zoom to fit/zoom to previous, snapping and preview mode options now available in the top toolbar
Ratings and Reviews
From the makers of Affinity Photo comes this pro-grade graphic-design tool, reinvented for iPad. Whether it’s your job to create the artwork for blockbuster movie posters or you’re considering a side gig making greeting cards, Affinity Designer is a one-stop shop for creative work.
A Real Non-Entitled Review
I don’t get the complaining for paying for this new version. The current price is minimal for what we get in return. The devs need to make a profit to keep going. Affinity Photo is packed with so many features. People will pay higher yearly prices for much less value offering apps.
That said, I think there may be so many features that it makes it a challenge to navigate this software. There is a pretty big learning curve for it.
I’m not a fan of Adobe’s sub model, but it Adobe products are much easier to navigate and use, in my opinion. Unfortunately, I’m still stuck with the monthly sub model, but I really want to be able to switch to Affinity Photo some day. Even though I’m not using it, I don’t think it’s fair to give such low rating. The huge amount of feature offerings makes this a great app for it’s price.
I figured out my issue! I had to go to account and click on something that said resync assets or something but once I did that, everything worked. I’m so excited for this now. You guys rock so much for this software and the price is unbeatable which is why I bought all three right away. I can’t do Adobe monthly subscriptions anymore and this is exactly what I needed to move away from that back into a space where I own the apps I need and I have access to them on my iPad. Perfection! Keep up the incredible work. You have my full support.
Original review: I bought all three apps with the understanding that I could open a project in one app like Publisher and switch seamlessly between the three apps to get the full functionality I need for my projects, however StudioLink is not working and it keeps saying I haven’t downloaded the other two apps regardless of what app I’m currently in. If this gets fixed, it’s an easy five stars but without it, I feel like I’m losing a ton of potential. Thanks for reading and I hope to fix my rating to five stars <3
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 1.6 GB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Serif (Europe) Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Free 30-Day Trial $0.00
- Affinity Photo 2 for iPad $11.99
- Affinity V2 Universal License $99.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.