** Affinity Photo supports iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, 3 & 4, iPad Mini 5 and iPad (early 2017 onwards). Please note that older iPads are not supported. **
** iPad App of the Year **
Affinity Photo for iPad is a genuine desktop-grade, professional photo editing app. Completely reimagined for iPad with the same power as the desktop version and with complete file format compatibility, you can work across the same document wherever you are, without any compromise.
Optimised for iPad
• Metal accelerated to achieve blazing-fast performance, even when editing large images
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt and angle, the app harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil
• Full iCloud drive integration allows for seamless file management, storage and sharing
• SerifLabs RAW engine for better noise reduction, manual lens corrections and more cropping flexibility
• External display support with separate configuration options
Performance and power
• Live, real-time editing
• Massive image support (100+ Megapixels)
• Pan and zoom at 120fps
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• PSD smart object support
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale, PANTONE© and LAB colour spaces
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Save documents as template files to re-use time and time again
• Save and import XMP files, batch files to tag images and edit metadata
• Create shortcuts using a keyboard attachment
• Isolate, edit and duplicate spare channels with a simple touch
• PDF passthrough
• Link layers to edit simultaneously
Professional image processing
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction, and manual lens correction override
• Paint areas or use fully customisable gradients to mask adjustments
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
• Support for the latest cameras
Quality retouching and correction tools
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
Fast, customisable effects
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
• Swipeable split or mirrored screen always available for before and after views
• Choose to apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers, enabling you to erase away or mask effects after they’ve been applied
• Path text capabilities
• Apply live liquify layers over the top of multiple layers or on single pixel layer
• Add and edit pattern layers non-destructively
- Optimizations for new iPad mini
- Optimizations for iOS 15, including fix for 3 finger redo
- Various stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
There’s no task too big—or too small—for this robust photo editor. If you want to add some cool filters, you can. If you just want to adjust the exposure, add some saturation, and make it ‘gram-worthy, you can do that too. And if you’d rather draw than edit? You’re in luck. Affinity Photo packs support for Apple Pencil and an incredible array of basic and advanced illustration tools. You can create unlimited layers, choose from an unsurprisingly enormous selection of brushes, and even create your own brushes—complete with jitter, spacing, and flow. (Sounds like dancing, right?)
Obviously it doesn’t replace Photoshop for desktop
Go to the Serif website and look at the tutorials for Affinity Photo for iPad. Those tutorials lay out pretty much what this app can do. If you don’t see a tutorial for something you want this app to do, don’t expect this app to be able to do it. The iPad has processing limitations that a desktop computer doesn’t have. For example, the “select sampled color” function doesn’t work very well and some of the filters are shabby and unusable. The selection tools that do work properly are more advanced than other photo-editing apps for iPad. The “refine selection” function works very well for selecting subjects with hair or fur. A lot of the photo-retouching tools are well-designed, like the high-pass filter and the lighting effects. The functions that work poorly seem to depend on processing every pixel in an image, such as the “select sampled color” function, which is disgraceful and should have been omitted.
This app should have five stars without a doubt.
I think people who learned on a different more expensive monthly payment app tried switching over after years of using that one and couldn’t adjust as quickly as they would’ve wanted to, so maybe that’s why they didn’t like it at first which I can understand. Consider how old much older the other software is and almost carbon copy capability’s.Then consider the fact that they charge monthly what I paid for Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo total and just a one time payment, on sale as they have been forever now at 50% off on my iPad and I never have to pay another penny seems like somebody is being stingy because they know people are used to them. I sure wish people would give this amazing app a chance because you are missing out on its abilities and you are wasting so much money. Artist struggle enough to make a living. It’s really easy to learn and they provide a handbook and video tutorials. Just give it a little time because it’s so worth it.
My favorite thing by far about this company is that you can tell they care more about the artist than the money. They wanted everyone to have the ability to use it and create, not just those that could afford another monthly bill.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 1.4 GB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iPadOS 11.1 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Serif (Europe) Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.