**Mac App of the Year**
Bring your vision to life with Affinity Publisher, the most advanced professional publishing software from the developers of the award-winning Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo apps. From magazines, books, brochures, posters, reports and stationery to other creations, this incredibly smooth, intuitive app has everything you need to make beautiful layouts ready for publication. And with the ground-breaking ability to fully integrate with other Affinity apps, it’s completing revolutionising the workflow of creative professionals around the world.
Professional layout tools
• Facing page spreads
• Live master pages, including nested master pages
• Image frames with intelligent scaling options
• Advanced guides, grids and snapping
• Tables and custom table formats
• Wrap text around any object or image with fine padding control
• Create text frames of any shape
• Link multiple text frames together across your document
• Text column dividing lines
• Full control over character and paragraph styles
• Comprehensive OpenType support
• Text decorations, drop caps and initial words
• Flow text along any path
• Advanced flow options and hyphenation
• Baseline grid and text frame rulers
Perfect images and graphics
• Link or embed images in your document
• Place PSD, AI, PDF, JPG, TIFF, PNG or Affinity files
• Correct and enhance images with non-destructive adjustment layers
• Precision engineered pen and node tools for creating vector curves and shapes
• Boolean operations to add, subtract, combine and divide shapes
• Incredibly smooth gradient and transparency controls
• Live preview of all effects, blend modes and image adjustments
Built for your workflow
• IDML import
• Automatically generate indexes and table of contents
• Section manager to organise your documents
• Pan, zoom and scroll through documents at 60fps
• RegEx search and replace
• Saveable undo history with alternate futures
• Customisable keyboard shortcuts
• Smart master pages
• XLSX import
• Manage and create anchors
• Consolidate images linked from various locations into a single folder
• Merge multiple documents together into a single file
• Save documents as template files to re-use time and time again
• Customise saveable presets and benefit from thumbnail previews
• End-to-end CMYK, PANTONE© and spot colour
• Crop, bleed and registration
• Live preflight checking
• PDF/X-1a, PDF/X-3, PDF/X-4 output for professional print
Full integration with other Affinity apps
• Link to your other Affinity apps directly from Affinity Publisher with StudioLink
• Revolutionary feature allows you to instantly switch to the advanced photo editing features of Affinity Photo and precise vector tools of Affinity Designer without leaving the app
• The most fluid workflow ever conceived in a creative suite of applications
Various stability and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I didn't realize what I was missing until Publisher rounded out the team of apps.
I have come to love the entire Affinity suite of tools, and can't imagine not having all three apps, since they compliment, and work so seemlessly together. It is where I go first to accomplish everything I want to. I had used Adobe, and Macromedia, and Corel, and Microsoft; but it wasn't until Affinity's structure, workflow and apps that I really got it. I used to struggle with concepts, and I had difficulty comprehending artistic flows in the digital and vector worlds. I seemed dependent upon Corel to do it for me automatically; but try and modify and use a Corel drawing traced automatically; what a nightmare. Affinity gives me the tools to accomplish everything, and really understand why and how I'm doing it. Photoshop tutorials used to just baffle me; why are you doing that, and what the heck are you talking about. Since I jumped in to the Affinity line of Designer, Photo, and Publisher I feel more confident that I can figure out a solution to any task that I can readily take with me and utilize in an unlimited number of variations and scopes. And not to have to be bound by a binding and limiting subscription fee that holds your work hostage from you. I love the Affinity apps, workflow, and empowerment. Thank you.
If you ever wasted time switching between a publisher type program, photo editor and vector editor you have got to try this app with the other two apps linked. I have all three programs and they flow like water one into the other. This is a major game-changer!
Being a big fan of Affinty apps, I had been using the Publisher program in beta form for some time now, which had the link to the other programs disabled. While I have really enjoyed the Publisher program by itself, the link to the other programs makes this an incredibly powerful creative tool. Add edits, paint on the doc, create vector images and adjust them...all within the same document. This app has completely changed my workflow!
Add the low cost and no subscription needed aspect of these programs and it is really a no brainer.
Other favorite features:
-Typography handling. Open type features are easily available and previewable!
-Different layers on each page.
- Linking or embedding of images with a resource manager to manage how each image is handled.
- High performance. Blending modes and brushes are previewed on the page before committing to any action.
- Fantastic snapping and alignment tools.
Nicely Done for Pros and Amatuers
Affinitty Publisher can stand alone. But it also complements the capabilities of Photo and Designer. If you own all three—they are reasonably priced—you can access the functions of all three through the interface of any one.
Publisher enables you to publish electronically, on the web and in print. It requires a learning curve for the Studio. But once you understand the simple concept, you can get down to work.
Publisher does good typography, tables, images, spreads, tables of contents and indexes. It comes with many templates for print and web. It publishes to PDF for distribution or for printing, including pre-flight checks. It includes many functions for manipulating text, images and layers. It can create SVG content with hyperlinks to internal and external content.
If you own one or both of the other Affinity apps—Photo and Designer—you can select personas for an app to acces its functions from within Publisher.
I have worked in desktop publishing since 1980. Publisher is among the best DTP applications, historically speaking. All things considered, Publisher is the best at this time.
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 572.5 MB
- Graphics & Design
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Serif (Europe) Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.