The largest database of camera lens descriptions and details on the web. The official app for the club of lens enthusiasts at http://allphotolenses.com
This is the full version of the app without ads and with extra sections enabled:
1. Detailed reviews for lenses by the photographers who own them.
2. Examples of real photos taken with specific lenses (over 6,500 and counting).
3. Similar lens suggestions, allowing you to find similar lenses to whichever one you’re viewing.
The app features a fully-fledged lens database with a comfortable interface. The database features detailed descriptions and properties of over 3,700 modern and previously manufactured lenses from Canon, Nikon, Minolta, Sony, Pentax, Konica, Olympus, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina, Vivitar, Carl Zeiss, Takumar, Panasonic, Samsung, SLR-magic, Soligor, Vivitar, Yashica, Cosina, Fuji, Leica, Mamiya, Meyer-Optik Gorlitz, Helios, Jupiter, Industar, Mir, and other brands.
Most of these lenses can be used with modern SLR and non-SLR (Evil) cameras alike, while allowing you to save considerable amounts of money without sacrificing professional quality.
- Quick lens search via search bar.
- Flexible parameter-based lens search (brand, mount, lens speed, focal length, frame format, price, etc.).
- Lens catalogs by brand and mount.
- Images, MTF, optical designs, characteristics, and detailed descriptions.
- Average prices for lenses.
- Add lenses you like to Bookmarks.
- Reviews by photographers who own and use the lenses.
- Over 6,500 photos taken with various lenses.
- Similar lens suggestions.
Attention!This app needs the Internet (WiFi or Mobile Internet).
Ratings and Reviews
Some good data but frustrating to use
Nice to be able to find MTF graphs, but is dated. Search functions are very limited and results are not sorted, so one has to scroll through a random list in hopes of finding a particular lens. Also, the app requests every 30 seconds for user to rate, but when I clicked to rate, the app would allow me to write a review. Needs work.
Not only was this app not updated since 2014, but also is there website. Tried to search a lens released in 2015 and neither the app nor the website have it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.