Designed to delight, Allrecipes’ Dinner Spinner is the most popular food-focused social app with a community of more than 30 million home cooks who play a part in helping cooks discover and share the joy of home cooking.
• My Feed: Personalized for you and gets smarter with every recipe you save and make; and each Taste you follow.
• Improved search options: Search by keyword, ingredients to include/exclude as well as by dietary need & ready in time.
• Swipe: Swipe right on recipes, to quickly view more recipes you will love.
• Favorites and Collections: Save your favorite recipes for quick access anywhere and create, organize and share recipe collections to make finding favorite recipes a snap.
• Cook with what’s on sale: See which recipe ingredients are on sale near you! We’ll also suggest a recipe when you walk into a store (select stores).
• Step-by-step cooking videos: More than 1000 mobile-friendly recipe videos with step-by-step cooking instructions and you can skip to the parts you want to see quickly (Tablet).
• Sharing: I Made It feature makes it super easy to brag about your cooking triumphs with friends – on Allrecipes, and in your Facebook feed.
• Cook profiles: Everything you’ve created, saved and made… in one convenient place.
• Shopping list: Just tap to add entire recipes or ingredients to your shopping list.
• Updated, streamlined design that’s the same across your phone, tablet and PC.
New branding, iOS 13 updates, and bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
App performance significantly declined
Update: this issue is happening primarily on iPhone... not as much on iPad, not at all on a PC. Also realized one of the primary app-crashers is the ads, for whatever that’s worth.
I’m really sad because I LOVE this app, I used it almost exclusively especially because you can search recipes with specific mixtures of ingredients. But the past few months to a year (my app is automatically updated), the app crashes multiple times while I’m trying to search and read recipes. It’s EXTREMELY frustrating when you have to go back in and replicate your search to find that recipe or scroll through your saved recipes only to have it crash AGAIN. And there are no options on the app for help, contacting allrecipes, or troubleshooting.
Unfortunately, I’m now thinking I need to find a new go-to recipe app, or just only use the site when I’m on my laptop.
Used to be so much better
I’ve never been compelled to rate an app before now. I’ve used the Allrecipes website, iPhone and iPad apps for years. Of the three, the iPhone app is the most disappointing, especially after the last couple of updates. My feed has literally not changed in months, offering no new recipe suggestions, not even rearranging them so I may see something I may not ordinarily from further down the page. I uninstalled/reinstalled and at first was excited to see new recipes pop up, but then as soon as I signed in, I was greeted by the exact same recipes I’ve been looking at for the last 6-8 months. I get that it bases them on preferred diets/cuisines, but seriously...I’m bored. On top of that, the dinner spinner is merely amusement, as it comes up with the most ridiculous combinations (a shellfish dessert in the slow cooker, anyone?). I only keep this app on my phone to have access to my saved recipes at work or when grocery shopping. But normally at home, I opt for my iPad version.
App crashes constantly, no updates to fix this have been seen-so disappointed!!
I have been using the Allrecipes app and website for years, and have never needed to use other recipe sites more than in the past few months.
I find that when I go into the app, then my favorites, as soon as I start to scroll down into the recipe, the app crashes and closes. It’s still in the background so I can go back to the tab, but the recipe is no longer pulled up, and the app is resetting each time. This happens multiple times in a row, so being able to actually access a recipe and have it remain on the screen for long enough (when I used to be able, and LOVED having it open through every step) to make a recipe is no longer an option.
I loved this app, but find myself using other websites much more now, which is a shame because This app provided me with a fantastic experience and great recipes prior to these awful crashes. Please fix this finally so I can enjoy the app again!
- All Recipes
- 58 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 Allrecipes.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.