AltiSpace is a convolution reverb app with advanced controls that provides realistic sounding natural acoustic space or vintage reverb devices for any track or mix.
A convolution reverb takes a captured sample (called an impulse response) from a real-world space or real hardware and uses this to digitally simulate the reverberation of that space or device down to the last detail and nuance. Because it is sampled, not synthesized, convolution reverb is known for its stunning realism, and it is widely considered to be the best type of reverb. However, unlike the more common algorithmic reverbs, convolution reverbs usually does not have much control over the reverberation process.
But AltiSpace, in addition to the ability to load your own impulse response files and a built-in library of the most interesting vintage reverb device presets, has advanced settings such as EQ, gate, ducking, modulation and more. You can change the original impulse response parameters to something completely new and then save it as a new preset.
This app has an easy-to-use user interface, where all the main controls are located on the single screen, and it is ready to use right out of the box, even without additional settings. And at the same time, you can easily change the parameters of the impulse responses from the built-in library to create your own sound.
Any audio sample can be used as an impulse response, making AltiSpace also a great tool for creative sound design. Try to import a percussion hit sample and use it for a dry synth stab. You will immediately hear the difference.
- Ability to import your own impulse response files.
- Built-in library of presets from the most interesting hardware reverbs.
- Convenient preset manager with the ability to group presets.
- Presets can be marked as favorites for display in the favorites group.
- Reverb can work with a stereo or mono input and convert it to stereo.
- Add dynamic noise before reverb for a more natural sound.
- The gate allows you to turn on the reverb when the threshold is exceeded.
- The ducking allows you to turn off the reverb when the threshold is exceeded.
- Sets the minimum reverb level for Gate and Ducking modes.
- Equalizer with high and low cut filters in chain before or after reverb.
- Changing the time (length) of the current impulse response.
- Sets the pre-delay time of the signal before reverb.
- Experimental feature to change the pitch of the impulse response.
- Amplifying early or late reflections.
- Adjusts the stereo image before the reverb.
- Haas effect for adding stereo space to a mono signal.
- Sets the depth and freq of modulation the signal before reverb.
- Mixing dry / wet signal and adjusting the output level.
- Input and output level meters.
- Indicators of possible input clipping for standalone.
- Prevents any output clipping for standalone.
- Built-in full description of all controls.
The AltiSpace 2 works on iPhone and iPad standalone and as Audio Unit with external parameters, and is also compatible with Ineter-app Audio hosts and Audiobus.
You can find more information on SoundSaw and other experimental and audio processing apps at:
Fixed issue with sample rate 48k in audio unit mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Igor Vasiliev
- 235.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Igor Vasiliev
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.