Amaroq is a lightweight universal client for any Mastodon instance! Simply enter the instance you belong to, log in, and enjoy the all the wonders of the federated social network from your phone.
Features include but are not limited to:
• View all your timelines, whether it's your home, local, or federated
• View and follow all your friends' profiles
• Search your favorite hashtags
• Emoji support for your statuses
• View and participate in threads
• Gif and video upload support
• Multiple instance support
We may be simple now, but there are many plans ahead! If you got any suggestions to improve Amaroq feel free to toot @eurasierboy on mastodon.social or email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Version 1.1.16 adds support for deep links!
• Using amaroq://open?url=[URL to a Mastodon account or status] will now open an account or status directly within the app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Overall it seems to function okay but why is the text so huge? It makes is difficult to use and awkward to read. I keep redownloading this app periodically because I am hoping that they might add a preference in an update somewhere and then deleting the app again because I find actually using it to be too frustrating. It might be a 5-star app under the text that can be seen from space but I can never manage to use it long enough to find out.
A pretty good Mastodon app
I’ve spent a couple weeks using it and I think it’s pretty good. The dark theme is nice, the profile design is nice, how the tabs/screens are laid out, all cool features. However, one thing I’ve noticed is how there’s no boost/favourite count next to the buttons. Also, I’ve only had one notification from this app pop up in my notification centre. If you fix these, this will earn 5 stars imo. Thank you!
More Bad Than Good.
I like the layout of the app (dark colors), but it’s constantly crashing. I’ve had this problem ever since I got on Masto, over 5 months ago. As of today, it stopped loading ANY media. I can’t post pics & general postings lag. I get paranoid, thinking that Mastodon has gone down! No, it’s just this stupid app.
I’m using Tootdon, from now on. Ppl complain that they store data or something, but at least the app is reliable & there’s also a general list of Instances to access. I can’t find new Instances in Amaroq.
FIX THIS APP. MASTODON DESERVES SMOOTH, SECURE APPLICATIONS.
- John Gabelmann
- 36.3 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, German, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2019 John Gabelmann
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.