Amaroq is a lightweight universal client for any Mastodon instance! Simply enter the instance you belong to, log in, and enjoy the all the wonders of the federated social network from your phone.
Features include but are not limited to:
• View all your timelines, whether it's your home, local, or federated
• View and follow all your friends' profiles
• Search your favorite hashtags
• Emoji support for your statuses
• View and participate in threads
• Gif and video upload support
• Multiple instance support
We may be simple now, but there are many plans ahead! If you got any suggestions to improve Amaroq feel free to toot @eurasierboy on mastodon.social or email at email@example.com!
Version 1.1.18 has some more bug fixes and iOS 13 compatibility adjustments.
• Fixed a crash from attempting to view video content on iOS 13 devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Overall it seems to function okay but why is the text so huge? It makes is difficult to use and awkward to read. I keep redownloading this app periodically because I am hoping that they might add a preference in an update somewhere and then deleting the app again because I find actually using it to be too frustrating. It might be a 5-star app under the text that can be seen from space but I can never manage to use it long enough to find out.
This is rad
I love Mastodon as a social platform! So far this is a very welcoming space, especially if you’re an Instagram or Twitter artist or someone who can’t stand their crazy censorship - this is the platform for you. It works wonders on the desktop version but this app is a suitable access point for now if you have iOS. It’s crashed a couple times (which could be because the site has rapidly increased in users since the IG boycott) but I’ve found it as easy to use as the web browser version.
Just two issues
It seems like a good app. It hasn’t crashed on me. I really wish I could use it, but I primarily use Mastodon for NSFW content, and this app doesn’t offer the feature to permanently remove nsfw screens on images and videos, so I find myself clicking past protections for every single post on my feed. Secondly, there’s no feature to permanently save images to your library if you so choose.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- John Gabelmann
- 24.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, German, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2020 John Gabelmann
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.