Download free app to check vehicle compatibility.
Functionality requires this application, and separate purchase of a Sprint Drive device and network service plan from Sprint
Connect your car with Sprint Drive, and enable vehicle location tracking and health, driving behavior analysis, roadside assist, media connectivity and more. Manage up to 25 cars for your family or business fleet.
With Sprint Drive™ you get:
Peace of mind with location monitoring:
- Real-time and historical vehicle location & monitoring.
- Always know where loved ones or your business vehicles are at, and how safely they are driving.
- Be alerted if your vehicle is towed or moved without your knowledge.
Roadside Assistance by AAA:
24x7 Roadside Assistance provided by AAA (up to 4 service events/year)*. Assistance if you are stranded in the following situations:
- Locked out of vehicle
- Emergency fuel when out of gas
- Dead battery or can’t start car
- Spare tire change
- Emergency towing for disabled vehicles
(*some restrictions apply. This is a roadside assist service only, and does not provide AAA membership.)
Toll-free Sprint Drive Mechanic Hotline staffed by experienced ASE certified mechanics. Call for repair opinions, cost estimates and repair shop locator. (Available during weekday business hours M-F, and Saturday morning)
- Vehicle health information and alerts for*: fuel level, battery status, coolant temperature, and more. (*Health alerts vary by make/model/year of car)
- Trip analysis and driver behavior. Know how often and where the following driving actions occur:
• hard acceleration
• sudden braking
• sharp turns
• long idle times
- Set custom geo-fence and curfew notifications for each car. Be alerted when a vehicle enters or leaves a boundary, or if it is operated outside of curfew hours.
Entertainment & Productivity:
In-vehicle LTE Wi-Fi hotspot for up to 8 connected devices
Sprint Drive is especially useful for:
- Family members keeping an eye on younger or elderly drivers
- Car owners seeking confidence and assistance in maintaining their vehicle
- Drivers benefiting from convenient in-vehicle internet connectivity for productivity or passenger entertainment
- Small Business owners needing real time fleet location & driver behavior, for up to 25 vehicles
Bug fix release
1. Notification and trip history performance issues
2. Driving score instability issues
3. Impact detection and RepairPal improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
This is pretty cool
This would be awesome if it worked with IFTTT and Alexa. Any movement in the vehicle without ignition results in a notification for “possible disturbance”. Parking with the front wheels downhill results in “possible tow” — it’d be nice if these push notifications had some teeth. Why not turn on a Nest outdoor cam near the driveway, maybe turn some lights on — maybe get an announcement from a voice assistant at home? There’s a ton of untapped potential here. The device could remain the same, but the app could run in the background and handle these functions.
Still, that’s the early-adopter penalty for nascent technology.
Overall, I love the detailed reports, availability of roadside assistance and in-car WiFi. This has made for the perfect stereo interface — an Echo Dot, in the car. That can also give you a method for outbound calling during a GPS-guided trip — or enabling WiFi calling on phones that can’t data and voice at the same time.
It’s pretty awesome and well worth it for $30/mo or $25 with AutoPay. I think the unit’s somewhere around $120 — I’ll probably pay it off early to keep a more tidy bill.
I also wonder if anyone’s hooked this up to a car battery and an old ECU to use for home Internet. LOL
Can’t say enough positive things.
I was upgrading my phone when I came across the Sprint Drive device at my local store. The employee talked me into immediately, I’ve had a lot of car trouble in the past and I have a sick mother who I like to keep an eye on. Sprint drive is simple to install yourself and the app is even easier to navigate. It constantly keeps me updated on my cars location, my amount of gas, battery power and many more important things. Aside from constantly monitoring my car I also get access to AAA when I have a problem such as a dead battery, a flat tire, or if I’m in need of a tow. My only complaint is that sometimes it can’t always read the car. It’ll send me notification saying I have no gas when I’m at a half tank or that I may be in need of a tow when something else is read wrong. It doesn’t happen often and it seems like it’s gotten used to my car so I’m hoping it was just a starting off thing. Anyways, the app is amazing, effortless, and so very useful. I’d recommend the product and app to anyone with a car.
Needs adjustments but great concept
So I got this device a few weeks ago to keep track of my teenager. The first thing I noticed is that I have been unable to turn on the notification for if the device is removed. I don’t care for that. In attempting to resolve this I contacted sprint and they had me unplug it and now it’s asking me to re register the device and then it says it’s stolen. So I’m unable to use it at all now. The customer service department doesn’t seem very familiar with the troubleshooting as it is still new. When it has worked, it tells me exactly where my son is, when he left, when he arrives home. I am able to set up alerts to notify me when he is in the vicinity of a certain area. I have a curfew set for him and he is also able to use it as a hot spot. I like that it tells me when he is idling and keeps track of vehicle health and gas. I was able to tell my son his car was overheating as well as keep an eye on how low he lets the gas get! Overall pretty good, I just want it to work again!
- Sprint Nextel Corporation
- 63.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Sprint Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.