***Recommended by the New York Times***
***Finalist in the 2016 MTN Business App of the Year Awards***
Sasol Young Explorer Frogs is the second app in this new nature series for adventurous kids. Bright and accessible, Frogs introduces young children (3–8 years old) to these surprisingly colourful and varied amphibians of southern Africa.
There are 55 frogs in the app, each with an easy learning paragraph written and narrated in English, isiXhosa, isiZulu and Afrikaans. Each frog has a call, and most also have a video showing the species in its natural habitat. ‘Quick facts’ illustrations about size, egg type, location, and endangered status can be toggled on each page, and are perfect for pre-readers.
The app includes a play section with four games: puzzles, memory card games, an animal naming game and a nature cleanup game. There are lots of opportunities to tap, toggle, touch and swipe, listen, watch, and learn, keeping kids engaged and helping them learn about the fascinating creatures that we share our environs with.
** Apart from the initial download, no internet connection is required for the app to function. **
– Multilingual app with four languages (English, IsiXhosa, IsiZulu and Afrikaans)
– Packed with accurate info written by a frogs specialist
– Tap and listen to text in all four languages
– Ideal learning tool, especially for children learning to read, or learning a second language
– Expands kids’ vocabulary in a way that is engaging and relevant to them
– Record and listen to yourself reading
– Tap to play calls or watch videos
– Play interactive educational games (with multiple levels of difficulty)
– Fosters a love of nature
– No collection of personal/location data, in-app purchases, advertising or external website links
THE APP PROMOTES
– Fine-motor skills and hand-eye coordination
– Verbal and language development
– Letter and word recognition
– Building a vocabulary
– Reading and comprehension
– Problem-solving and creative thinking
– Reasoning and logical thinking
– Shape and colour recognition
– Concentration and memory skills
– Visual literacy and creativity
– Positive reinforcement and a sense of achievement
– Stay updated about our new apps. Visit www.youngexplorerapp.com for more information.
– For technical support, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll do our best to resolve problems as quickly as possible.
We take children’s privacy seriously. Read our policy here:
Minor Bug fixes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.