Automatically log your tax-deductible mileage with MileCatcher! IRS compliant.
Automatically log your tax-deductible mileage with MileCatcher and start your 30 day free trial!
If you’re an independent business owner, contractor, realtor, a driver for a delivery or ride share service (Uber, Lyft, DoorDash, Instacart, Postmates), etc - this automatic mileage tracking app was built for you!
Tax authority compliant in 20+ countries (IRS, CRA, HMRC, etc)
- Classify your trips as Business, Personal, or Custom
- Find Unclassified trips easily for quick Classification
- Auto-Classify your commute and repeat trips to save time
- Only log Business trips when you’re on the clock using MileCatcher’s Work Hours feature
- Classify your trips in-app, from the Web Portal, or by notification
- All trips are sorted automatically by Classification and Date/Time for easy navigation of your trip history
- MileCatcher calculates your deduction using your country's default rate and currency
- Customize your rate to fit your specific requirements
- Rates can be customized by Company, Purpose, etc.
- Generated reports are easily exportable in PDF, Excel, or CSV format.
- Optional automatic weekly and monthly reports sent to your email
- Generate reports specific to your needs (multi vehicle, multi company, multi rate)
- Report on deductible trips only, or include non-deductible trips
- Have reports sent directly to your employer, accountant, etc.
Web portal access:
- See your complete trip and report history
- Bulk Classify your trips
- Use advanced filter options to find what you need when you need it
- Migrate old paper logs
- Create highly customizable reports
- Full address and map route with every trip
- Customizable location names (Work, Home, etc) for an at-glance-friendly experience
- Find out how many trips need classifying, how much you drive for business, total distance traveled, and more with Snap Statistics
- Add Parking, Toll, Odometer reading, and Notes to your trip cards
- Online backups of all trip data
Want your Team using MileCatcher? MileCatcher Teams offers consolidated billing, company wide reporting, and more!
Start your 30 day free trial - Let’s get logging!
Added setting to control email alerts for missed trips.
Ratings and Reviews
Superior mileage tracker. Very Reliable.
Certain apps makes your life so much easier. This is one of them. I am a nurse and need to track my mileage and I LOVE MileCatcher. I have in the past tried to guess my mileage and keep track by using a paper mileage log book but I would always forget and lose track. So many times I forgot to write down my odometer reading and then had to spend time end of week using Google maps looking up addresses and distance. This app makes it quick and efficient and super easy to use. This app logs all your trips automatically and stores it for free online so you don’t use much data storage on your phone. And it separates each of your drives automatically and you can quickly add notes and classify each of your drives as either personal or business.
The app does all the math for you and will give you a detailed pdf or Excel reports of all of your drives. This company is dedicated to mileage tracking and been around for more than four years. Since they have all your trip locations backed up, I do like they don’t share the trips data internally with search engine etc. and that they comply with EU GDPR privacy requirements. Highly recommended!
Best, most helpful, mileage tracker available
The reporting is awesome, although I think it could be a little improved by adding custom reporting to the report writer function.
The owner and I exchanged an email thread and he was super professional, kind and genuine. I love that by using MileCatcher I get to support someone like that. He emails every new user of the app and I was amazed that when I responded, he replied quickly and with enthusiasm. I hope that this app will not be the last that he creates.
My only complaint about the functionality is that sometimes when I let my trips pile up and I haven’t classified them in a few days, the app gets “stuck” on one particular trip as though the server doesn’t get the message that I’m sending (re: what kind of trip, personal or business). So that trip just keeps on coming up over and over and over, until I close the app, and restart it or sometimes I even have to restart my whole phone (the latter has only happened twice that I remember).
All in all- a great app by a person that seems to be genuinely concerned about whether or not his creation is actually helping people.
Keep it up! Always keep adapting to the market and you’ll thrive for years to come. Thank you for the good work!
James K Willis
HR Services Division
Developer Response ,
Appreciate your kind words.
We have sicne upgraded our servers and our trip issue performance is definately much improved.
End Of An App
I’ve used this app for 2 years now. It was never perfect, but for the low price of Free it did the job well enough so that I get compensation for the hundreds of miles I drive for work each week. However, the app unfortunately does not perform well enough to justify locking the main function behind a subscription. Which is exactly what they have done. Addresses are inconsistent at best, the app eats data like nobody’s business, and the blue “location in use” banner that never goes away is obnoxious and sometimes wreaks havoc on other apps. Tracking frequently failed to catch trips (again please keep in mind that I make tons of trips that need to be logged each week), shorter trips are frequently ignored, and sometimes segments of your trips will be recorded as a straight line from one spot to the next (to be fair, that particular issue is much less common than it used to be but still does occasionally happen). All of this I was willing to put up with though, for a free way to get money back to pay for my car’s wear and tear.
TL;DR, it’s no longer free to log trips. Which means my standards for the app have gone up. And the app unfortunately fails to meet those new standards. Will be uninstalling shortly.
Developer Response ,
Our apologies for your experience using MileCather! In the last year we have made significant improvements with trip logging and route mapping! The blue banner issue has also been resolved. If you would like to give us a try again, please reach out to us at email@example.com and copy this review for reference. We would be happy to offer you another trial!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Milecatcher, Inc.
- 44 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © MileCatcher, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $5.99
- Annual Subscription $47.99