Inline Camera Subject Notes: If you need camera subject notes, Cutline™ is the app for you. Cutline is an iPhone app to make camera subject notes and store them inline with the photos you're taking. Cutline lets you quickly create photos that document Who is in your photos, What they are doing, Why they are doing it, Where it's happening, and When. The 5W's are visible on the image and in the JPG's EXIF/IPTC/XMP metadata.
Cutline photos by themselves document an event, but combined with related photos, the Cutline photos work as separators, marking each group of photos. Cutline photos clearly document your photos for coworkers, clients and yourself. No more transcribing notes or recordings back at the office.
• Take a reference photo with the Cutline camera, then fill out the five W's (Who, What, Why, Where, When), and save the photo. The 5 W's are on the Cutline photo and IN the photo's EXIF/IPTC/XMP metadata, ready to copy to your other photos
• For the WHO, Cutline detects faces in the photo and lets you add names, titles and notes for each person. For Adobe Lightroom CC users, "named people" keywords jumpstart face recognition. You can also enter free-form text for WHO, for the names of groups or such.
• For the WHAT and WHY, enter free-form text.
• For the WHERE, we've got you covered with GPS coordinates and address lookup, where available. You can redact the GPS location and make the address more general if you need to be coy about the exact location. You can also add free-form text for WHERE.
• WHEN is used to date the Cutline photo in your camera roll. If Cutline is your very first shot, you're good to go. If the action required you to make the Cutline later, you can adjust the photo time back to keep the Cutline first in your string of shots. Of course, there's free-form text for getting the correct spelling of those local festival names in your travels. For Lightroom CC users, try organizing photos into stacks with LR's 'Auto-Stack by Capture Time' feature.
• Use star ratings and color labels to fit into your workflow. Color Label presets are available for Adobe's Lightroom, Camera Bit's Photo Mechanic and Adobe Bridge. You can make Cutline photos a combination of star-rating and/or color label.
• Add Creator and copyright information to the metadata, ready to copy.
Cutline in your workflow is the perfect way to document your iPhone and DSLR photos. Use it for your future, forgetful self and for the others who work with your photos.
NOTE: ALWAYS use the Actual Size Cutline Photo. When sharing resized photos, iOS removes the additional IPTC, IPTC Extension and XMP information.
Cutline™ is a trademark of f2.8 Labs, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.