Brew a delicious cup of coffee every time with Brew Timer!
Brew Timer helps you produce a consistently great cup of coffee by guiding you step-by-step through the brewing process. Start with one of the included brew recipes or add your own and tune it to perfection. Brew Timer works with you, no matter what you use to brew.
Water mass, grind setting, total brew time — there's a lot to keep track of when dialing in your brews. That's why Brew Timer is packed with powerful features like grinder-specific settings, smart water adjustments, and an automatic brew journal. When you find your perfect cup, Brew Timer will help you repeat it.
Start your journey to delicious coffee today with Brew Timer!
— 24 Included Recipes —
Hario V60 (x4)
Kalita Wave 155 (x2)
Kalita Wave 185 (x2)
Stagg [X] (x2)
Stagg [XF] (x1)
Clever Dripper (x1)
French Press (x1)
Add your own! (x∞)
— 30+ Included Grinders —
Add your own!
— Brew Journal —
Brew Timer creates a journal entry for each brew you complete. Grind, coffee and water amounts are all tracked automatically. Record your own notes to capture thoughts on technique and taste for next time.
Brew Timer supports metric (mL/g) and imperial (fl. oz/oz) and will convert recipes to Aeropress-specific units for you.
Brew Timer works without a scale, but it is recommended.
Follow Brew Timer on:
Instagram - https://instagram.com/brewtimerapp
Twitter - https://twitter.com/brewtimerapp
Thanks Matt Luedke for the app preview music!
A Lot More Grinders
This release adds 21 new grinders: Fellow Ode, Timemore C2, Niche Zero, Kinu M47 and many others. Don't see your grinder? The "Add Your Own" grinder screen is now redesigned to make it easier to remedy that. And if you want something custom, I've also set the app up to support that — just get in touch!
I've found tweaking grind is an easy way to improve your coffee. Add your grinder to a recipe and give it a shot!
Grind and technique have a big impact on your brew's extraction but temperature matters too! Brew Timer can now keep track of each recipe's water temperature for you. Simply enable temperature tracking in the app's settings to get started.
(For convenience, temperature is also editable from the Brew Journal after you brew.)
Brew Timer Labs
I like to experiment with coffee-related ideas and I'd love for you to join me! "Brew Timer Labs" is the new home for all my experimental coffee projects — try them out, tell me what you think, and suggest new ones. Get your lab coat and safety goggles, then head over to the app's settings to check it out.
• Brew Timer now has basic espresso support for those of you lucky enough to have a machine. Try one of the two included recipes to see which fits your style.
• Brew Timer's recipe library now includes recipes for the Fellow Stagg [X] and [XF]. Check them out!
• You can now delete brew journal entries. This is useful if you are testing recipes but didn't actually brew them.
• Added an export option for your brew journal data. Handy if you want to do your own data analysis!
• Shrank the Cancel and Save buttons when you're editing a note so you have a bit more room to type.
• You can now tap any grinder to preview it in the app's settings.
• Added support for coffee bag masses entered in kilograms. That's a lot of coffee!
• Added water temperatures to all included recipes.
• Cleans up coffees that were accidentally duplicated due to a bug in a database migration last release. Feel free to email me about this if you still see issues.
• The "Welcome to Brew Timer" screen you see after installing the app was updated to be more useful (and a bit prettier too).
• Fixed a bug on the Brew Dashboard while changing the grind for grinders with both macro and micro grind adjustment settings, like the Baratza Sette. Adjusting the grind across a macro boundary previously skipped the entire micro range. It no longer does.
• Fixed a crash when you tried to preview a recipe someone shared with you.
• Fixed a rare crash when saving changes to a coffee.
Thanks for using Brew Timer!
I love to chat about the app (and coffee!) — shoot me an email at email@example.com. (Or Twitter @BrewTimerApp + Instagram @brewtimerapp)
Ratings and Reviews
Best coffee brew app ever!
Thanks for a great app! Keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing more great recipes from various sources as you add them. I have mostly been using Howell Kalita 185 which makes a great cup. Also Kalita Onyx and Sightglass Chemex. I love that the pro experts recipes are there and that you can adjust them as needed and save. They make it easier for home coffee geeks like me to improve technique and make a superb cup.
I was bummed when Kohi stopped working on my phone but after trying some others and landing on this I realize it’s better than Kohi and all the others. I love that it keeps track of all my brews and includes equipment like the Ode Brew Grinder so I can add those setting. Love taking notes on each brew as well.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for such a kind review! The Kalita is a great brewer and I’m happy to hear the app is helping you dial in some tasty brews. If you ever have any more ideas for the app (or any questions) feel free to get in touch—my contact info is in the app’s settings.
Happy brewing! ☕️
Awesome app for coffee nerds
Fun app to track all the details associated w/ brews recipes (grind size, grinder used, coffee wt. etc.) and coffees (roaster, varietal, process, elevation etc.)
Makes sharing recipes with other coffee enthusiasts extremely easy.
Would love to see future updates that include the ability to snap pictures of coffee bags/containers as well as the ability to share brew recipes with all other users who are interested.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! I’m thrilled to hear you’re having fun with the app :)
I think we’re on the same wavelength as far as future updates go, but I’d love to hear more details about what you want to see. Or if you’ve tried any great coffees lately—both would be👌. Shoot me a note. firstname.lastname@example.org
Great for coffee fans
I have been using the Notes app on my phone for a long time, journaling different coffee and brewing techniques. This app does it all, brew method, coffee type, temperature, grind settings. I also like that a slide up tile appears when you start a brew so you can leave your notes or adjust the brew for next time. All-in-all great, highly recommended
Developer Response ,
It’s great to hear the app is working for you! If there’s anything you’d like to see changed or added, feel free to get in touch — my contact info is in the app’s settings.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stephen Panaro
- 40.8 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Stephen Panaro
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.