Upgrade your commute by carpooling with Waze. Plan your rides and match with fellow commuters going your way. It's easy, affordable and eco-friendly.
Why Waze Carpool?
- Schedule your rides for the week and stay on track with reminders
- Filter your matches based on gender, workplace, and personalized groups
- Share the cost of commuting
- Say hello to the express lane
- Reduce traffic and help the planet
NOTICE: The Waze Carpool app is for riders only. Are you a driver who wants to offer rides to commuters? Download the original Waze app and tap the carpooling icon to get started. Waze Carpool is currently available in the United States, Brazil, Mexico and Israel. Keep it installed and we’ll notify you as soon as it becomes available in your area!
Upgrade your commute with this helpful update:
- New Carpool calendar: It’s now easier to plan your rides for the week and find available drivers
Ratings and Reviews
Work in progress
I wanted to use this app. Sounded like the perfect solution to long commutes that get expensive with current gas prices. I wanted to sign up as a driver. I live in Los Angeles, but I had no luck finding (same gender) passengers. Most of the passengers on the app were inactive (signed up and forgot about the app).
The app itself was buggy. Although I was able to select the “ride” mode while using the carpool app, I wasn’t able to select the “drive” mode without the app switching to the main waze app. Would be helpful to have a messaging function with others. Also, when viewing other people’s profiles, their Facebook links were inactive.
Waze carpool has a long way to go. Hope more people sign up for it and it works out!
Spoke too soon...
I honestly thought I would love this app. Upon downloading it I’d already received $30 in Ride credits and found many drivers who matched my route. I thought I had hit the carpool jackpot. Until it actually came to using the app. You have to send requests to drivers on the same route as you, with a time and pickup/drop off spot that are convenient. The first time I sent a request to a driver 2 days before I needed the ride. The driver declined the request. Ok, surely I could contact the other matches. None have responded. I checked their profiles, and it seems all of the drivers who I have matched with (including the one who rejected riding with me) are new drivers themselves and are either inactive or not really ready to ride other people. Even as I tried changing my route destination to get more available drivers, 90% of the drivers just didn’t respond to my request at all. It’s been 2 weeks since my last request. I now feel discouraged to ride with WAZE since the ride credits will expire soon and I have not been able to communicate with a single driver
Update should fix the app but it just made it worse!
I have been using Waze Carpool for about half a year now and it was fine until that huge update on February! It made the app worst, it was the worst you will just get frustrated everytime you use it! Let me tell you why
1. Before it matches you with drivers walking distance from your house or your destination. Now it will match you with people at least a half a mile away from your house and will drop you off half a mile away from your work.
2. I already have 2 regular drivers who I carpooled with most of the time and even them hates the app, why? We can’t see each other anymore after the update, it just matches you with new people, we, the one who have been using the app for so long, they want us to became their guinea pig, they matches you with new people every single day.
3. You get pick up at stupid pick up points like for example there was many times it wants me to get pickup at a location two blocks away from my house when the driver would pass by my house first before the pickup location 🤷🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️
4. There is always “internal errors”. Opening the app errors. Accepting the ride offer errors. Sending a request error. Messaging error. Submitting a review error. Even emailing them also has error, you complain but they give you like general message that has been copy paste from FAQ.
No matter how cheap and efficient this is, if it keeps being a problem and a frustration everyday, its not worth it to use it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.