The Hebrew word eth (את) means divine, and the Hebrew word cepher (ספר) means book, scroll, letter or writing. Hence, the את CEPHER is the “Divine Book”. This complete collection of sacred scripture restores much of what has been removed and/or incorrectly interpreted in the Bible for centuries!
• Sets forth a translation, rather than a substitution of the names of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• Transliterates over 3,100 other Hebrew names and places without substitution.
• Omitted in other translations, the את has been restored over 10,000 times.
• Includes all of the 74 previously canonized books, plus another 13 books considered to be inspired and/or historically significant such as Chanok (Enoch) & Yovheliym (Jubilees) from the Dead Sea Scrolls, as well as Yashar (Jasher), 2-4 Ezra (Esdras), 1-2 Baruk, and 1-4 Makkabiym (Maccabees) – all published in the chronological order of their writing.
• Corrects the errors (for the first time) in Shiyr HaShiriym (Song of Solomon), Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 14, Zakaryahu (Zechariah) 5, Mattithyahu (Matthew) 23, and corrects several other notorious errors found in virtually all previous English translations.
• Restores the 29th chapter of the Acts of the Apostles chronicling Paul’s journey to Spain.
The Cepher App allows you to easily search the scriptures by keyword, book, chapter or verse and is loaded with extra features, including:
• Note-taking capability with sorting.
• Highlighting available in seven different colors.
• A Lexicon of all the transliterated Hebrew words found in the את CEPHER.
• The Daily Hebrew Prayer.
• Links to our Weekly Torah Portion, Dr. Stephen Pidgeon’s blog, articles and other free downloads available our website.
One-time cost covers all future updates/ revisions to the text.
Updated display views on iPhone X
Fixed links to external resources
Correct night mode display issue for Lexicon pop-up
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
***Update*** Excellent Resource!!
Initially, I thought the price for this resource was high, but as I have used it for many months, I realize how important and priceless the CEPHER is. I found myself coming back to it alongside other translations and have often preferred it. After regular usage, many of the names are now easier to recall, but the meanings are what heighten the clarification of right many difficult passages.
I purchased a hard copy of the 3rd edition of the CEPHER not long after being introduced to the app. I am quite impressed with it (the paper is amazing by the way), but I quickly saw how much I underestimated this app’s functionality and value. I still use both and have even purchased a hard copy of the lexicon.
The minor issues I had are next to non-existent now, so they are no longer even worth mentioning. I do, however, look forward to the implementation of audio and will gladly update this review to 5 stars upon its implementation.
Thank you CEPHER publishing for your diligence; I am truly appreciative of the work that has gone into this project of recovery.
Developer Response ,
Brian, we are planning on adding functionality. The big one is audio. When we add this, could change your rating to 5 stars? We will add to the functionality of the Lexicon as well when time permits. We are a very small company.
A true blessing to read
It’s a blessing that the people over at CEPHER publishing work so hard to give us this translation. I understand what others say about the functionality of this app compared to other bible apps; but the message that is delivered within the CEPHER should far surpass any kind personal problems that people have with the functions of the app itself. I’m sure as time goes on, the developers will add updates to address people’s “ease of reading” issues, but we should put our focus into the message being delivered to use and not into how “easily” we can get it delivered to us. Thank you very much, everyone at CEPHER publishing, for all the work you have put into translating and making an app for modern day reading. I hope to save enough one day to purchase a hard copy of the CEPHER, but am very pleased nonetheless with the purchase of your app. Many blessings to you all and I look forward to what you guys will put out in the future. Shalom
Missing verses - upload or reset does not fix it.
I like the app, but notice that if you remove the app it removes your bookmark and study notes which is not good. Please add a feature to where this is backed up in a cloud base solution or store it on the smartphone backup.
I also notice that in the book of Enoch verses appear and disappear. Chapters only shows one verse now and I am unable to get the rest of the verses to appear. Chapter 1 have 8 verses and the other day only one verse appeared. Even after doing the “reset” it didn’t fix anything. Chapter 2 etc now only show 1 verse. Please help me in getting this resolved. With that being said I would caution others not to purchase this app until the bugs are fixed because for almost $30 this app should be able to do the basics and I don’t want others to be disappointed. Buy the hard copy if you can.. digital technology is good, but have a various flaws that can frustrate you if they are unresolved.
Developer Response ,
The chapter numbers in Enoch have been changed. For example, Enoch 1:9 is now 2:1. Chapter 2 only has 1 verse contained in it. Some of the chapters that read "no text" have been rearranged with text from other chapters. There is no missing text. We are working on improving the functionality of the app. Thank you for your feedback.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.