Time is the most precious resource that we have in our lives. The way you decide to spend your time has a paramount effect on your life.
I personally wasn't happy with the way I was spending my time, so I decided to build a tool to help myself and others figure out a way to become more efficient. Timelines has been enabling me and other users to understand where our time is actually going, helping us improve our routines and achieve more in our lives. I sincerely believe it can do the same for you.
– Lukas Petr, independent developer of Timelines
Timelines has been featured by Apple, and reviewed on 9To5Mac, MacStories, WatchAware, and AppAdvice.
▶ QUICK DATA ENTRY
- track any category you want
- control timers with just 1 tap
- grid mode of timers
- track from lock screen with the today widget
- easily edit past events
▶ POWERFUL VISUALIZATIONS
- see your time on an interactive timeline
- playful statistics mode with pie chart
- trends over time using bar chart
- subcategories - breakdown of your events
- quickly filter categories
- define daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- see your progress and stay on track
- periodic reports with rich notifications
- get rewarded for reaching a goal with confetti
- build workflows with Siri Shortcuts
- use Siri to start and stop timers
- import workouts, sleep, and meditation from Apple Health
▶ AND MORE
- detailed PDF and CSV exports
- timely and customizable reminders
- archive unused categories
- lots of possible customizations
▶ APPLE WATCH APP
- watch face complication for quick access
- haptic feedback on start and stop of timers
- set event names using dictation or choose from recent
- adjust start and end times using the digital crown
- see active timer’s duration and category on watch face
▶ WHAT IS FREE?
- track up to 3 categories
- basic exporting
- pie chart
- see events on a timeline
- events log
▶ TIMELINES PRO
- unlimited categories
- bar chart
- detailed exports
- import from Apple Health
- support development
Start taking control of your time today. It only takes a few days of tracking to start uncovering ways to maximize your time and productivity.
I love working on Timelines, and a big part of my vision is to listen closely to users and incorporate their feedback. If you have any questions or suggestions, please reach out to me at
– Lukas Petr, author of Timelines
Onboarding sequence is now improved based on feedback on version 2.2.1.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Time is like money: we never have enough, and we often can’t remember how we spent it. Timelines is razor-sharp instrument in our time-management toolkit, letting us categorize and visualize where the hours in our hectic days are going. We love it for everything from tracking billable time on projects to making sure we’re setting aside chunks of our week to relax with loved ones.
I'm finally on time!
This app has helped me stay on time more than any other method I've tried. I am chronically optimistic with how long anything should take; however, I can now see how long routine tasks always take, so I can plan much better in the present for how long future tasks will most likely take.
I love the visuals and the Apple Watch support! Keep up the great work! 👍
Update (1.4.1): This new update continues to improve on an already great app. I'm really enjoying the quick naming and time adjusting features on the Apple Watch. The developer listens to feedback and responds promptly to email.
Update (1.5): I'm enjoying the extra detail I can glean from how I spent my time with the new addition of event statistics. Every update brings meaningful updates that are extremely useful!
Update (1.6) I still use this app 24 hours a day to track my time. The addition in this update of being able long press on a Timeline to add an event is super useful for those times where I forget to track an event. Excellent update! 👏
Must have addition to the class - get it!
After 50 years on this earth, you might think I would be able to intuit how I spend my time or how long something might take. And you would be wrong. For a variety of reasons, I don’t have that. For the past 10 years, I have downloaded most time tracking apps designed for helping people account for their whole day.
I grade the quality of the apps based on features & power, UI & learning curve, value and developer responsiveness.
Timelines has features no other tracking app has, especially if you like to see where your time goes with colors. It is also one of the only full time-tracker that includes iOS Shortcuts. While it took me a little while to get the hang of the UI, I can now breeze through it with barely any thought (or just set a shortcut for common tasks). With so many apps going to the subscription model it is wonderfully refreshing to see an app that has a one-time, up front cost. And the developer is incredibly responsive: helps with use, appreciated respectful constructive criticism, and eager to hear what users want as future features.
But does the developer actually deliver? Yes. Just look at the update release history. This app is a priority.
Please support this developer and improve your own effectiveness. Buy this app.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lukas Petr
- 38.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Glimsoft
- In-App Purchases
- Timelines PRO Monthly $3.99
- Timelines PRO Yearly $19.99
- Timelines PRO Legacy Yearly $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.