Birch Finance 4+
Credit Card Rewards Simplified
Designed for iPhone
Birch is the #1 finance app that simplifies credit card rewards and keeps track of your spending.
The average shopper can earn up to $700 worth of rewards each year, just by using a reward earning credit card and paying off the balance each month. Birch analyzes your spending and shows you which cards in your wallet to use on every purchase.
New to credit cards?
Birch recommends the best cards for your spending habits so you can start earning rewards.
Already have multiple cards?
Stop trying to memorize all the different ways to earn and redeem rewards and let Birch show you how to optimize the cards in your wallet.
Using Birch is easy—here's how it works:
- Securely sync your credit and debit accounts by simply logging in with your bank's username and password.
- Tell Birch what rewards you like. From flights to hotels to cash back, Birch automatically weeds out cards that don't match your preferences and only recommends cards that fit with your personal spending habits.
- See the real value of rewards. Birch tracks millions of data points and shows points and miles as a dollar value.
- Figure out how you can spend better. Birch looks at your past spending to see when you missed out on rewards by using the wrong cards in your wallet. (The average Birch user earns an additional $200 a year in rewards!)
- Always know what card to use. Birch recommends the best card in your wallet to earn rewards at places nearby along with an up to date list of your active bonus categories.
- See where your money is going and spend smarter. Birch tracks spending across all of your accounts to show you spending trends and actionable insights. (You'll never guess how much you spend a month on burritos...)
- See how your monthly payments stack up. Birch also automatically tracks over 700 monthly subscriptions. From the WSJ to Netflix, you'll never forget about a monthly payment.
Bug fixes and general UX improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Getting Better Everyday
First off this team is great to work with and provides the customer service of a high end car dealership on a daily basis even though they are not charging for the app. While the app as a few shortcomings right now there seems to be a new update every week making the tool more powerful and useful. At the end of the day this is a game changer for credit card rewards and gives visibility to money left on the table which can change your behavior in a manner to benefit your financial future. 1-2% cash back may not seem like a big deal but over a 30 year period it can add up to retirement a year earlier so be sure to use this program to help you get there.
I can see how this might be useful, but so far it hasn’t really been useful for me because the categories do not accurately reflect my purchases. For example, the app categorized my rent payment as “home improvement” (gee I wish I could spend $940 a month on home improvement) and then told me I was missing out on cash returns. Except for the fact that I specifically transfer my rent directly from my bank account to avoid the $15 fee for using a credit or debit card, which is probably more than any potential cash back I might earn and which I’m pretty sure I really wouldn’t since it’s not home improvement or anything reward eligible. This happens for other transactions too; many are too vague to be sure I could actually have earned rewards. I realize it would be asking a lot to expect the app to take this sort of thing into account, I’m just expressing why it’s not that useful for me, and as a suggestion, maybe have an option to exclude certain categories/transactions from your score?
Developer Response ,
A couple of quick things:
1 - You can definitely change the category for purchases. We're reliant on what the banks send us back and so sometimes the categorization gets goofed up in the process
2 - If you sign in to your account on web you can choose to not include certain purchases in reward calculations, like this rent payment, for example. We're adding the option on the iOS app soon.
Please send us a chat in app if you have any issues!
Nice but needs tweaking for Bank of America
It can be hard to find your BOA cards because they are listed under odd iterations of BankAmericard Bank of America, etc. Also, if you are a member of the preferred rewards program it does not calculate the bonus rewards and as a result miscalculates what you are actually earning.
I do not believe they have the Bank of America premium rewards card either.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Birch Finance, LLC
- 83.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Birch Finance, LLC