The Phonics Museum will teach your kids to read in record speed. It's so much fun they'll be begging you to play!
Phonics Museum is both entertaining and educational fun.
Teaching children to read at a young age is one of the best things parents can do for children’s future academic success, but knowing how or where to start can be overwhelming and often confusing. The Phonics Museum takes the stress and guesswork out of teaching kids to read by doing it for you with fun storytelling combined with a multi-sensory approach kids LOVE!
How do you start?
1. Download the app.
2. Start your Free Trial - US$9.99 per month after that
3. Add your child.
4. Watch your kids become readers!
Every child has a unique learning style. At the Phonics Museum, we recognize this and teach “with the grain,” so whether your child is a:
• hands-on kinesthetic,
• visual, or
• auditory learner,
Phonics Museum is built for them.
Kids ages 3-7 will be transported into a magical interactive museum as they follow Phonics Museum characters William and Wendy through the reading adventure of a lifetime! Everything comes to life at the Phonics Museum! Kids will learn to write long before they’re able to hold a pencil and write by writing with their fingertip--an incredible advantage.
With a membership to Phonics Museum (US$9.99 per month or US$98.99 annually):
• Your children will learn to read and write in no time!
• Engage with over 900 games, videos, early reading books, memory songs, and exercises
• Master the Phonics rules with Miss Biddle, Percival, and other fun characters
• Engaging, interactive learning with live action and animation
• Add as many as 3 children to the same account
• Explore art, animals, and history as they learn
• Easily cancel anytime
Your child can try Phonics Museum FREE. If you enjoy your trial, you don’t have to do anything at all, and your membership will automatically continue if you choose to remain a member.
If you subscribe via iTunes:
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account after your free trial period ends (US$9.99 per month or US$98.99 annually)
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
• Cost of the renewal is US$9.99 per month or US$98.99 annually
Choose from two app subscription options!
• Monthly Membership offers unlimited access on any device for $9.99 per month.
• Annual Membership offers unlimited access on any device for $99 per year.
• Both subscriptions all of up to 3 children per account.
• Cancel your membership at any time.
Miss Biddle and Percival are waiting to meet you and your kids, so let’s begin your Phonics Museum reading and writing adventure TODAY!
Awards & Reviews:
Based on the award-winning phonics reading curriculum from Veritas Press, the most awarded Classical Education curriculum provider over the last 20 years.
"Guess who just read her first book on your app?!!! Our four-year-old (not even four and a half yet) is reading! Thanks for making such an awesome app!!!"
"My four-year-old loves playing on the app and will beg me each day to let her do lessons on it. Through the fun and engaging atmosphere of the app, she quickly learned the letter sounds and started putting them together to form words. And we only used the app for a month before she read her first book on it! The app has made learning to read fun and enjoyable. We have loved it!"
Bug fixes. New API integration
Ratings and Reviews
So much potential
There really is potential here, but it needs more work. The data is stored server side, but as we progress the app takes up more and more space on our device and we have to delete it and reinstall from the App Store with greater and greater frequency. We are currently 18 letters in on part 1 of 2 for kindergarten. We are using the app in conjunction with the print curriculum, so still making progress but I kind of wish there was a parental way to skip lessons as we sometimes work through a good chunk on paper and it would help if I could progress from where we are rather than having every activity locked. At first my child was excited to do the lessons, but some of the listening ones like the jack in the box or pig laughing are getting old and she has started to refuse to do some specific ones. Also, the pronunciation of the phonic sounds includes a very strong shwa or a vowel, like saying rah for R rather than urh in songs and videos, which the written text instructs to be careful not to include. It’s frustrating to experience the contradiction.
Developer Response ,
Hi. Thank you for the review. We're currently working on an update/new build to fix the issues that you experienced and plan on having an update released next week. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and bad experience you had. We're hopeful that this new build will reduce the size of the app and make it much more functional.
Really wanted to like this, not worth the cost!
We use the Phonics Museum Curriculum for kindergarten and first grade and I was excited to have an app that would introduce letters in the same order we were studying and sight words for practice that matched ours, but this app is so cumbersome to use. If you don’t use it everyday, your child will be far behind in the app, so if you continue schooling through the curriculum but haven’t used the app in a few days the child will still have to be a few lessons behind. There really needs to be a way to skip ahead. My child enjoys the app, but I really want her to be able to do the lesson we are currently learning.
Also, I paid $100 for this app which I think is quite extreme and I have had technical issues for over 2 months and can’t even log in anymore. Customer support has been very slow in response times and has not resolved the issue to date. In my opinion this app is definitely not worth the money.
Love this app... BUT .. waiting....????
Hello! I’ve been using this app for over a year now with my younger twins— they’ve both reached floor 10 a bit ago- cannot go any higher in this app...
I recently bought the 1st grade curriculum -
and was told LAST YEAR- (when i had called about an order)
that the plans were in progress for this app to have a total of 25 floors (so that it could be used seamlessly in conjunction with the phonics museum First grade level...)
14 months later.... I’m still waiting...
My boys have enjoyed the app (and with their 2 younger siblings) I really hope you DO continue to grow this app out to coincide with the first grade curriculum. It was a big pull for me (as a mom of 6- the app time freed me up to work with another child more easily... and knowing it was enforcing what we’d been learning together.
Can you please give us an approximate date? My plan expires soon- I’m unsure if I should renew subscription (?)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Veritas Press, Inc.
- 381.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © 2020 Veritas Press, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Membership $9.99
- Membership $98.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.