Love great music and have Spotify Premium? Use the Jukestar jukebox to start the music democracy at your next party. Fire the DJ; with guest request and voting capability, now everyone can get involved in the music:
- No one can hog the playlist
- The good stuff gets played
- The bad stuff disappears!
Create a party and share with your guests. They can now use their phone (without needing Spotify) to make requests from the millions of tracks available on Spotify, vote for the songs they like and veto the songs they hate.
The Jukestar jukebox will automatically distribute the songs in the playlist based on who requested what, when they requested it and what other guests think of the songs in the jukebox.
- Guests can request from the millions of tracks available on Spotify using their phone (without needing Spotify)
- Guests can upvote or veto any of the songs in the playlist
- The upcoming queue is distributed and updated automatically
- Guest requests will be spread out in the queue so everyone’s music gets played
- The more guests upvote someone's song, the sooner it will be played
- The more guests veto someone's song, the further it will move down the queue
- When enough guests veto a song, it disappears from the queue
- As a host, you can overrule any song
- As a host, you can force any song to play next
The host app requires a Spotify Premium account (a 30 day free trial is available from Spotify). Guests do not need a Spotify account.
Are you a GUEST at a Jukestar party? Download the Jukestar Guest app. It’s free!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- [LABS] Only allow requests from the suggestions playlist - Need tight control over what guests can request? Ideal for venues and weddings.
- [LABS] Prevent vetoing the playing song - Ideal if you’re using Jukestar for your wedding and need to keep it classy
- New clever party share links which help guests become a Jukestar Guest faster and more easily
- Bug fixes
- Crash fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great start but needs a few more things
It is a great start to this app, used it multiple times for a few BBQ’s at my house. Needed to preload the party queue myself with songs the days before in order to have constant music playing. The preload a playlist idea when no music is playing has not worked.
Would also like to see a Apple car play option as this would be a great idea for road trips with friends. Would need to keep the driver in mind as he would not be able to select songs from his phone to play. So maybe have a song rotate in from his set playlist every rotation between everything else being played by others?
Great app. Worked great at our party. Gave 3 stars because the auto play of silent feature does not work. If that gets fixed it’s a 5 star app.
Used to be great, now just trying to rob you
This used to be a great fun way to play music with friends during a party. However, they recently updated everything so now you have to pay to get “votes” or to request songs. They also force you to download the app now instead of accessing a website. What’s worse, you have to download two separate apps if you want to host a party and be able to add songs to your own party! Totally takes advantage of the user and makes a very annoying experience for our party guests. We’re moving to a new app.
Developer Response ,
Hey Carwheel88, sorry you haven't had a great experience with the new Jukestar. Just a quick clarification: Guests also earn free tokens every minute. So every 15 minutes each guest will have been able to request 3 new songs or vote on 7 songs (or a combination of this) for free. We have carefully designed the token levels so guests can still have an awesome time for free.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- James Litjens
- 37.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2017 James Litjens