Myvinchy is a drawing tool that has been a year in the making - working with designers, artists and design students together to create a simplified and enhanced illustration process.
Myvinchy lets you draw proportionally correct using Augmented Reality, an extensive Drawing Grid Mode, various drawing templates and a system, that creates pixel-perfect outline-stencils from your own pictures!
Draw like using Tracing Paper:
Myvinchy actively helps you to draw and design better - using customizable outlines of the picture that you want to draw are being intelligently placed over your illustration while you sketch.
It is specifically designed for illustrators, artists and designers, who want to create illustrations and sketches faster, more precisely and with a better focus on proportions.
· Drawing Grid Mode: To layout and structure your drawings and paintings, a flexible grid can be applied to your image that you can customize to your needs. Plus, Myvinchy automatically calculates the size of the canvas and of each grid cell for you so you can just start sketching!
· Customizable Stencils: For abstract and detailed drawing, you can choose to create transparent outline-stencils of your pictures that you use like tracing paper!
· Assistance Mode: For maximum precision, activate the assistance mode - Myvinchy detects your drawing and reduces shaking by letting the stencil follow your drawing.
· Various Grids and Templates that you can choose from - E.g. an Isometric drawing grid, 2 portrait drawing templates that help you draw a proportionally correct face.
Fixed many bugs, added support for all iPhone sizes and introduced the unique AR Drawing mode.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is extremely useful to me. The things I wish would be fixed are (1) frequent crashing and (2) sound interference. For some reason, if you are listening to music or a podcast and then open this app, the volume automatically turns down. Once you close this app, the volume returns to the level it was.
For such an obvious way to learn something you’d think there would be a slew of apps similar to this for PCs, phone’s, etc., but I’ve only found this one. I’ve never been able to draw my way out of a wet paper sack. It’s like my perception of space is skewed when trying to reproduce an image via hand, onto paper.
With this app, it’s easy for me to transfer an image I’ve taken a photo of or downloaded, and transfer it to paper! I do use a program that takes photographs and turns them into a sketch which helps considerably, and I also threw together a couple of thick walled paper tubes that one fits into the other and it has clamps on both ends. One end is clamped to my phone, the opposing end is clamped to my clipboard, spiral, etc., and this keeps me at the same area/distance so things don’t get outta whack. This keeps everything in the same perspective and allows me to work much faster and more efficiently.
I was literally crippled when it came to sketching until I found this app and I’ve noticed the more I use the app, the better I do without it because it’s teaching my brain to be more proficient at spatialization.
I highly recommend this app for the artistically challenged. It’s given me the ability to do something that I’ve always envied. I’m definitely not a DaVinci but at least people recognize when I draw a portrait it’s of the person I was drawing, and don’t say, “awww that’s an interesting sketch of a brick... What inspired you?”.
Best App for drawing & Painting I found
As a designer and Illustrator, this app really is an essential part of my daily workflow to plan and structure an illustration. The Drawing Grid Mode is extremely useful, has tons of functionalities and saves me a lot of time, everyday. Also, the intelligent "Tracing Mode" is really innovative, makes it really easy to create a detailed illustration within minutes and is one of the highlights of this app, a feature that I definitely haven't found anywhere else. The app is amazing - glad to have found this app in the appstore!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Julian Praest
- 57.5 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Julian Praest
- In-App Purchases
- Premium - Unlimited Drawing $24.99
- Premium - Unlimited Drawing $4.99