The official guide to Los Angeles, the Discover L.A. app gives urban exploration a whole new meaning. Sleekly designed and packed with contextually crafted content based on time, weather and location, you’ll want to come back daily in search of what to do next in the City of Angels. Built in partnership with the Los Angeles County Arts Commission, the app features a wide variety of events taking place throughout Los Angeles on a daily basis.
· Typical L.A. weather!
· Top daily events throughout Los Angeles
· Find the perfect meal based on weather, time and distance leveraging Discover L.A.'s own custom intelligence algorithm
· Wonderful activity guides for things to DO in L.A. -- discover awesome museums, parks, shops, and hidden gems
· Go On Location: find places throughout Los Angeles featured in film and television
· Locate places to STAY in neighborhoods based on your personal interests
· Go Metro with easily accessible public transportation directions
· Like a place? Tap the heart icon to save places to your Discover L.A. Passport
· Traveler Tools provide a weekly L.A. weather report, currency exchange calculator, and helpful visitor links
· Need Wi-Fi? Find available Hotspots across the entire city
Improved image loading performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Discover LA app actually lets LA discover you.
This app actually provides a highly contextual experience. I originally thought I would use this app as a map to get around the city and find attractions but it is much more! The content is highly curated with guides spanning niche topics such as "top places to find cold noodles" to "waffles across the city."
The events component is also very nice and gives you a flavor of the diversity of current and upcoming events that range from popular shows at the Staples Center to intimate acts at local venues.
I'd definitely recommend that you let this app put the flavors of Los Angeles in your mouth, sites of Los Angeles in your eyes, the sounds of Los Angeles in your ears and the city of Los Angeles in your palms.
This has opened a whole new world in the city. Highly recommend for people who are touristing and people who have lived in LA their whole life
Bad user experience
I like the look and feel of the interface but am annoyed by the full-screen pop-up ads that come back every time I switch to a different page. I was hoping that the app doesn’t have to rely on advertising financially but even it does, why can’t it find a more native/less intrusive way to place ads? (could be ‘sponsored posts’, smaller/swipeable banners, or at least ads with some frequency capping so that the same ad doesn’t show more than necessary ...)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LOS ANGELES TOURISM & CONVENTION BOARD
- 74.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.