Keyshape combines vector graphics drawing and animation tools in a single application. Draw and animate icons, banners, and motion graphics for web pages and social media sites.
• Standard vector tools, such as Node, Pen, Pencil, Rectangle, Ellipse, Hand, and Zoom tool
• Immediate preview of the shape you draw
• Boolean path operations
• Text-on-path for curved text
• Linear and radial gradients
• Masks and clipping paths
• CSS shorthand filters
• Timeline-based animations with keyframes
• Easing Presets
• Preview animations on web browsers with a single click
• Animate position, scale, rotation, opacity, stroke opacity, fill opacity, stroke color, fill color, stroke width, dash array, dash offset, path shape and filter
• Open SVG documents created in other vector graphics software
• Copy SVG code directly from Keyshape to a text editor
• Paste SVG code directly from a text editor or web page to Keyshape
• SVG with CSS Animations
• Animated PNG, Animated WebP, JPEG
• Image Sequences, Sprite Sheets
• Animated GIF
• MPEG-4 video
• Lottie animations (available as a plugin)
• Animated Vector Drawables (AVD) (available as a plugin)
• Native support for Apple Silicon and Intel-based Macs
• Native support for Macs with Apple Silicon
• Fixed SVG sequences to export shape animations correctly
• Fixed object bounding box coordinates in SVG gradients
• Fixed motion path editing to work under parent transforms
• Fixed KeyshapeJS to animate symbols on Safari
• Fixed KeyshapeJS to include the markers() method
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I was looking for!
There are clever ways of using Keynote to create an animated GIF and I've tried some Open Source tools but they all ran up against some serious limitations. I don't mind paying for the right app but don't want or need to get into the Adobe ecosystem with its subscription model.
After a great deal of searching I came across Keyshape; the uniformly positive reviews induced me to try it and I am delighted! Once I got used to using keyframes and the timeline, it fell into place rapidly and I've created my first animated website ads for a local nonprofit.
I am especially pleased that vector graphics editing is an integral part of the app and it's sufficiently capable it can handle just about anything I need. And I can import from Affinity Designer if necessary.
My oly complaint is not about the app but about how difficult it was to find the the Apple App Store - I had been searching on several related terms but finally found this because of a reference on some website - glad I kept trying. Many thanks to the developers!
I've been looking for this!
For years now, I've lamented that "Flash is dead" -- not because I miss crashing browsers and security flaws, but because no successor to its throne had appeared to once again make 2D animation production fun and accessible to the hobbyist. Keyshape flew under my radar, but after finding it this week, I'm blown away: This feels way more polished than I'd expected, and is capable of creating animated SVG, Lottie, MPEG4 and Animated Vector Drawable files.
It's simple, affordable (no $#^&* subscription required!), intuitive, and above all, FUN! Big thanks to the developer, and I look forward to seeing what else Pixofield does in this arena.
I got Keyshape for vector animation after getting tired of open-source alternatives crashing every five minutes. Keyshape runs smoothly, is fairly intuitive, and is much more affordable than anything Adobe churns out. I’ve actually started using it instead of Affinity Designer to create non-animated vector images as well, since the tools are much more intuitive.
My only criticisms are more of a wishlist for the developers:
- Give an option to show frame numbers instead of seconds. Makes it easier to coordinate with other animation programs. (I currently use a spreadsheet to do conversions)
- Some more extensive help documentation. There’s currently only a short overview on the website and learning everything is a bit of a trial and error.
Other than that, I’m very happy with this program.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pixofield Oy
- 35.9 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Pixofield Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.