Keyshape combines vector graphics drawing and animation tools in a single application. Draw and animate icons, banners, and motion graphics for web pages and social media sites.
• Standard vector tools, such as Node, Pen, Pencil, Rectangle, Ellipse, Hand, and Zoom tool
• Immediate preview of the shape you draw
• Boolean path operations
• Text-on-path for curved text
• Linear and radial gradients
• Masks and clipping paths
• CSS shorthand filters
• Timeline-based animations with keyframes
• Easing Presets
• Preview animations on web browsers with a single click
• Animate position, scale, rotation, opacity, stroke opacity, fill opacity, stroke color, fill color, stroke width, dash array, dash offset, path shape and filter
• Open SVG documents created in other vector graphics software
• Copy SVG code directly from Keyshape to a text editor
• Paste SVG code directly from a text editor or web page to Keyshape
• SVG with CSS Animations
• Animated PNG, Animated WebP, JPEG
• Image Sequences, Sprite Sheets
• Animated GIF
• MPEG-4 video
• Lottie animations (available as a plugin)
• Animated Vector Drawables (AVD) (available as a plugin)
• Extensible with plugins
• Added animation bars and object collapsing to the timeline
• Added time markers
• Added timeline colors
• Added shortcut keys for auto-keyframing and loop playback
• Added alpha values for fill and stroke colors
• Changed the timeline to show all objects
• Changed symbol instance timing to be adjustable
• Changed Option+Delete to preserve motion path shapes
• Changed copying symbol instances to also copy symbols
• Changed not to show defs or symbol objects in the object tree or timeline
• Changed easing names to be visible by default
• Changed the icon for symbols to look more like a symbol
• Fixed ids starting with a number to export properly in CSS animations
• Fixed the unlocked icon to be visible
• Fixed SVG exporter optimizer to remove unused ids correctly
• Fixed SVG exporter optimizer not to break CSS path animations
• Fixed the Touch Bar to display correct time after playback is stopped
• Fixed conversions from time values to frame numbers
• Fixed SVG path data parsing
• Fixed the WebP exporting timestamp issue
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I've been looking for this!
For years now, I've lamented that "Flash is dead" -- not because I miss crashing browsers and security flaws, but because no successor to its throne had appeared to once again make 2D animation production fun and accessible to the hobbyist. Keyshape flew under my radar, but after finding it this week, I'm blown away: This feels way more polished than I'd expected, and is capable of creating animated SVG, Lottie, MPEG4 and Animated Vector Drawable files.
It's simple, affordable (no $#^&* subscription required!), intuitive, and above all, FUN! Big thanks to the developer, and I look forward to seeing what else Pixofield does in this arena.
I got Keyshape for vector animation after getting tired of open-source alternatives crashing every five minutes. Keyshape runs smoothly, is fairly intuitive, and is much more affordable than anything Adobe churns out. I’ve actually started using it instead of Affinity Designer to create non-animated vector images as well, since the tools are much more intuitive.
My only criticisms are more of a wishlist for the developers:
- Give an option to show frame numbers instead of seconds. Makes it easier to coordinate with other animation programs. (I currently use a spreadsheet to do conversions)
- Some more extensive help documentation. There’s currently only a short overview on the website and learning everything is a bit of a trial and error.
Other than that, I’m very happy with this program.
Easy Animation AND it's Vector!
Been using this app for a couple of years now, and it's only getting better to make beautiful vector animations.
Exceeds my expectations and doesn't have the weird issues I had when I attempted Flash. It's much easier to move objects around. If you want to make animations that you can export to video, or place on a website as SVG, this is the right app to do it with.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.