Switchboard lets you chat in new ways. Some of the things you can do:
- Listen to music together with an open voice/video conversation. The music volume automatically adjusts only when someone talks.
- Free music from Dash Radio as well as a Spotify integration.
- Communicate Hands-Free: Train a few voice commands and you’re ready to go. Great when you’re on the move / at the gym / running / walking etc.
- Dual voice & text messages: We transcribe voice messages so that you can send both a text & voice message simultaneously. The recipient can choose to read or listen, and the sender doesn't have to worry about correcting transcription mistakes (like they do with the keyboard input mic) or misinterpreted tone.
- Create hotlines for specific friends and groups (you can hear them without having to answer, like channels on a walkie-talkie). You control who gets access to you and when.
- Keep conversations (voice & video) open for as long as you want. Talk spontaneously and intermittently like you’re hanging out in the same room. The audio only transmits when voice is detected (saves data, battery, and less noise), so you don't have to hang up.
- Slack: Turn Slack channels into audio channels. Make Slack hands-free. Leave voice messages that transcribe into text and get sent into Slack channels. Awesome for teams!
- Video chat: yes we have this too. Check out our always-on video + music experience at www.switchboardaudio.com/music.
Learn more at www.switchboardaudio.com
Listen to any Dash Radio station.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Can't wait until Android available
The parents are starting to get hard if hearing and I've been looking for something that will help them communicate better. Switchboard is looking like it is very close to totally fitting the bill. Access to the earbud mic will really be needed for sound quality. And unfortunately, right now, setting up 'enable voice' commands isn't working. The reason I hope you can get Android set up.... The Peeps don't have iPhones. That said, it's a super app!
Cool concept, battery killler
This is a well executed concept (though a bit buggy and flaky).
However, during the 13 hours I’ve had it installed, it’s used 69% of my battery for 21 min on screen and 8.2 hours of background usage. With proper use of push for background activity, that total should be a tiny fraction of the actual amount.
Would give it 4 stars if the battery drain wasn’t horrendous.
Developer Response ,
You're right, and we're working on that now. We're implementing a battery saving mode. We've been aimed primarily at use cases where you can be plugged into power thus far, but we should have a more battery-optimized version that allows you to keep the app running while mobile in the next couple months.
Standups and silent discos
Great app for remote teams to do standups and stay in touch through the work day and the music sharing feature is awesome to keep family and coworkers listening to tunes together
- Synervoz Communications Inc.
- 155.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Synervoz Communications Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.