The best podcast app & podcast player to find, save, download, and listen to your favorite podcasts, FM, radio and audiobooks.
【New Feature】Join the millions experiencing better bedtime, lower stress, and less anxiety with Zen mode on Castbox!
Access over 95 million audio content including podcasts, audiobooks, fm radio and more in 27 different countries on iPhone and Apple Watch. Discover popular podcasts on various topics including:
- TV Series: Binge Mode: Game of Thrones, Game of Thrones The Podcast, History of Westeros (Game of Thrones), Game of Thrones LIVE;
- News & Politics: CNN 10, NPR News Now, The NPR Politics Podcast, Fox News Radio Newscast, The FOX News Rundown, The Overcast;
- Music: Dissect from Cole Cuchna & Spotify Studios, Defected Radio, Capital FM;
- Games & Hobbies: Wolverine: The Lost Trail from Stitcher; VSiN Best Bets
- Sports: The Ringer MLB Show, MLB Network, The Chicago Audible;
- Technology: The Overcast Podcast, This Week in Google, Google Cloud Platform Podcast;
- Talk Shows: Sincerely, X from TED and Audible, By The Book from Stitcher, Luminary from Luminary.FM, WeAreNetflix from Netflix, Me and my Roku
- Business: Youpreneur FM Podcast;
- Social: Freakonomics Radio from Stitcher; Taste Of Taylor from anchor
- Sleep: Sleep With Me, Guided Sleep Meditations, Sleep and Relax ASMR
Super intuitive and easy-to-use podcast app & podcast player for iPhone with：
- Personalized recommendations
- A powerful search engine that allows you to find your favorite podcasts and episodes effortlessly
- Easy streaming and downloading of podcasts, radio, FM, and audio books
- Smart speakers supported, including Apple HomePod, Amazon Alexa
- Fully support cross-device syncing for iPhone/Apple Watch/Google Devices
- Daily top podcasts list
- One-click subscription and never miss an episode
- Sleep timer to fall asleep soundly
- Adjust playback speed to accommodate your listening habits
- Volume Boost
- Trim Silence
- CarPlay Support
- Podcast Community
- Livecast: live audio streaming service
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/castbox.fm
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CastBox_FM
Good to see you again here, podcast fans!
It's great to listen to the podcast as the podcasters intended it to be heard. This means Castbox can sometimes include explicit content. In this release, we added an E tag to mark the explicit content. We recommend looking out for the EXPLICIT tag on any releases.
We also improved the overall reliability to present you with better listening experience.
Leave us your reviews and feedback, it means a lot to us.
Ratings and Reviews
Is this the one?
It might be the one. Like many people, from time to time I just get too frustrated with Apple’s Podcasts app and I go searching for something better. I think I’ve tried basically every alternative, and there’s always some reason why I go back to Apple. But Apple just can’t seem to get it right. I don’t understand. I really like Apple products and software design in general.
Anyway, I’ve only just started using this one, but it appears it’s just perfect for me. It’s got the right balance of clean, attractive design, easy usability, and general features. It doesn’t have the fullest set of features out there, but I have found that the ones that do are just more complicated than what I want to deal with for podcast management.
For me, I like a clean interface, intuitive management of downloads and playlists, and, most important, a great searching platform that makes it easy to find both podcasts to subscribe to but also individual episodes that feature people or subjects I’m interested in. This one seems to have it all—and no ads! (My other favorite, “Podcast App,” was just as good but had annoying full screen pop-up ads.)
Developer Response ,
Hi, we really appreciate your kind words. Your support means so much to us, and we always welcome any future feedback or comments you may have. We will continue to update our app, add more features, make CastBox better and better for you, and strive to deliver the best user experience around. Thank you very much for your kind support! :-) - Sarah
So much to like about this app but there are several key issues which need to be addressed especially for a premium app.
The biggest and most important is that the app has trouble picking up new episodes and showing them in the new releases section. Maybe it’s because I have a lot of subscriptions but I went through my shows individually and found seven new episodes that the app had not surfaced. Of all the features a podcast app must get right, this is number one. Until this is fixed, I can’t recommend people trust the app.
Secondly, if you share the link to an episode and the person opens it on a computer, they get a nice web interface to listen in. This is a great way to share and to get people curious about the app. Unfortunately, they’ve taken the opposite tactic on mobile. If some one open the link on their phone it forces then to download the app. This is just bad user experience. I can promise that no one ends up downloading the app from a tactic like this. This just click out of the link and never listen to the episode. And as almost 100% of what we share is opened on a phone not a desktop, this makes the user stop sharing. I have. Make the web app available on mobile browsers. More people will share and hence more people will know about castbox.
Developer Response ,
We are glad to tell you that we have fixed the bug of picking up new episodes. It will work well in the next version v4.25. Please stay tuned to the update. We have made great improvements in this version. Please give it a try, and if anything, please feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a startup, every review matters very much to us. If you think of any way we can improve, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Hopefully our continued improvement will earn more stars from you! Thanks for your kind support! :-) - Teresa
Mmm, My Favorite (request for dev.)
I’ve been using this app for about a year now after being frustrated with Apple’s version. I wanted something that looked a little sleeker and still functioned professionally. There have been several key updates since I started and now I keep this at the forefront while Apple’s has been lost to the sea of Apple apps I never use. Much better production and the darker interface is so much more appealing. Easy to sort your subscribed casts, multiple options for displaying your library, picks up the last episode you were listening to at the correct time upon reopening. Personal favorite.
I really appreciate how tuned in to the community these devs are. They’re constantly fixing, updating, and adding things commented on.
One request I have is if we can add a blocker to commenters. Not completely necessary, but I notice a couple frequent commenters on podcasts I regularly listen to that just really bug me. I’d love the option to mute their comments from my feed via blocking their handle.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad our app serves your needs! We have reported your request to our product team and development team and will continue to update our app to deliver better user experience. Would you like to join our community? You can join our Telegram group (https://t.me/CastboxUser) to get support or stay tuned to development progress. Your support means so much to us, and we always welcome any feedback you have. :-) - Teresa
- Guru Network Limited
- 178.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Guru Network Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Castbox Premium $0.99
- Castbox Premium $14.99
- Castbox Premium Promo 180 $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.